“Brand New and Ultra Modern”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Wading River, New York
“Brand New and Ultra Modern”
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We were impressed by this hotel as soon as we walked into the lobby. It was very sleek and modern and completely different than any other Homewood Suites that we stayed at. The hotel appeared to be new, and our room looked as if we were one of the first guests to occupy it. It was a very spacious studio suite with a full kitchen, dining table, living area and king bed. The sink and vanity in the bathroom was separated by a door from the tub and toilet. The fitness room and business center were enclosed with glass, and the hallways were very wide, giving the hotel an open and airy feeling. Outside, by the pool, there was a pavilion and a patio with tables and chairs. Since we were there on a weekend night, we didn’t sample the complimentary light meal that’s served on weeknights, nor did we try the free breakfast, as we had to catch an early flight. The hotel is located in an industrial area, but there are plenty of eateries nearby, and the airport is just a short distance away.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saluga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Don't be alarmed by the "airport" in the title. Although this hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport and the planes can indeed be seen out the window of your room, there is NO noise from the planes. We stayed in a very spacious and sparkling clean 2 bedroom, 2 full bath suite, which included a living room and kitchenette. It was very comfortable for a family of 4 with two teenage boys. And you can't beat 3 tv's! We stayed for 7 days and appreciated the full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishes, glassware, silverware and dishwasher. The pool area with a hot tub was very clean and quiet. And the free continental breakfast and free internet were much appreciated. This will definitely be our home away from home when we are out visiting our son in college!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank finerthings2
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I frequently stay at Homewood Suites for business. I've had some mediocre experiences and some very good ones. This particular one was not up to par with some of the others. The facilities and rooms are clean, and the rooms quiet...no complaints there. Mostly minor stuff. Iron was missing from room. Only one TV remote, but it did control both TVs, so just a minor annoyance in having to carry it back and forth between the room and living area. No wine or beer in the evening reception (they say they are "close" to getting their license). They have a TV in the reception area, but might as well not as their "mood music" drowns it out. As a Silver Hilton Honors member (not very high up, I know), it still miffed me that they wouldn't allow me a late checkout (8pm) even though I offered to pay half the daily rate. The hotel wasn't packed out, so it doesn't make much business sense to let a room go vacant when you could at least realize a partial payment AND satisfy a loyal customer.

I think with a little more attention to the little things, this facility could be one of the better ones, but if I was going back again in the near future I might try a different Homewood.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HomewQQd_Suites, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South.

These reviews are truly incredible tools for us as we are always looking for ways to improve on our guest’s experiences while staying with us.

There are irons available and are expected to be available in every guest room. As well as, it is expected that there will be a remote control for each and every television available in the guest rooms.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, this “minor stuff” can get overlooked. For that, I offer our sincerest apologies. We do have a Guest Services staff that is available 24 hours a day at the touch of the telephone that would be more than happy to locate these items for you.
No one should have to endure such “minor annoyances” during their stay, because even though it may seem minor, these amenities are like icing on a cake and no one wants garlic icing on their cake. No matter how great the cake is, that icing will leave a bitter taste.

We are waiting for our beer and wine license to be approved by the powers-that-be. This is a long process, and though it seems we are coming to the end of that process, we are still waiting. I cannot apologize for this as we, too, would love to be able to serve our guests better.

Our late check-outs are available depending on our staffing and reservation needs. We do not offer half-day rates on our rooms, so the latest check out we can offer without a full day charge is 3 PM, and, again, that is solely dependent upon our staffing and reservation needs. We have many room types and although we may not have been full, the room type you were in may have been booked.

Again, thank you very much for bringing these items to our attention and it would be an honor to have you as a guest in the future.
Bay area, CA
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I rated this place 29 out of 30 points possible even though there was a slight, irritating snag at the beginning - they aren't listed on the hotel shuttle numbers at the airport, for one thing, and for another, when I called another Phx area Homewood Suite and they tried to connect me, we did this three times and they never answered the phone! When I got there (after taking a taxi - note: taking any taxi from the airport is a minimum charge of $16.00, no matter how short a distance you're going - the cabbie said it was legislation, see the sticker on the window...) the guy at the desk said he'd tried to answer the phone but there was nobody at the other end. Phone problems, I guess. Still, I rated them very highly because the room was very comfortable, very clean, and very nice - little well-equipped kitchen, pretty furnishings, and lovely comfy bed. They have FREE internet access in the business center (I hate lugging a laptop with me) and those good free Homewood Suites breakfasts with actually good coffee and decent eggs and other real breakfast stuff...almost anything you could want. M-Th they have a happy hour with pretty good (especially for free) food and offer wine. Staff were outstanding - everyone, the housekeeping staff, the driver of the shuttle, the people who tend the meals - everyone! Helpful, personable, accommodating. They have the little convenience store there and I went to buy deodorant because I'd forgotten mine - the woman at the desk stopped me and handed me a complimentary one instead! They have a great, if small, but very well equipped gym, and a lovely pool and spa - actually big enough for more than 4-5 people at a time and shaped so you could snuggle with your sweetie and still be somewhat private from the other snuggling couples...and they pipe in nice music. They even have a laundry room where you can do yours. Little touches like fresh fruit at the front desk instead of those under-baked kinda icky-sweet cookies they have at other hotels.

The only point off I gave them was location - and that only because it's kind of an industrial/business area, not much of any place to walk to in the evening or mornings. But convenient to the airport, especially with the shuttle. They are my first choice if/when I go to Phoenix on business.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CarolEPBayarea_CA
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 3 December 2009

This hotel is nearly new (< 1 yr. old). Suites are spacious with large flat panel TVs. Amenities are numerous, the best being shuttle service to the airport and local points of interest, like the Mill Av area near the ASU campus. There are several fast food places within a 5 minute walk (Panda Express, Whataburger, Pizza Hut) as well as a convenient store. A supermarket with liquor (Fry's) is about a half hour round trip walk, or take the shuttle. Staff welcoming and accomadating. Free parking. I would definitely return there; the location seems very good for a spring training baseball stay with one stadium (Tempe Diablo) right across 48th St. Did not use the pool and spa facilities, buth they looked inviting, and I think the pool was heated in Nov.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Pokymike
Alberta
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We stayed there for four nights ( Nov 13 - 16 ) and had a great experience throughout our stay there. We chose to stay here because of its central location for our sporting event, shopping and sightseeing needs.
If you have ever stayed in a newer Homewood Suites this one will not disappoint you.
Abundant free parking, HDTV, friendly and accomodating staff, nice hot tub and a very warm heated pool for the winter months. The property was clean and well maintained.
In addition to all that Homewood Suites offer I would recommend this place to anyone staying in this area of Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family