“Great place for weekly rental”

WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I were waiting for an apartment and needed a place to stay. The Value Place at Dunlap was very convenient. The staff was helpful and very friendly and the place was clean and quiet. If you're looking for a place to stay for a week or if you're in a pinch, I definitely recommend it. It was a great overall experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I think some criticisms here come from folks who don't know what they're getting into with an extended stay property. It's not going to be like a regular hotel, but you also don't pay for a bunch of extras you may not use. The folks at Value Place Dunlap were very professional at check-in. My room was in good shape, and very clean (with one important exception I'll get to below). Don't expect five star (or even three star) furnishings or fixtures, because that's not what a place like this is about. Be prepared to provide all your own "stuff" for the room, like toiletries, hair dryer, and even TP - but there's a regular-sized fridge with freezer, which is great, and a small kitchen with cooktop and microwave (you provide utensils or buy them).

The one complaint I had (and this was a big deal to me) was that one of the sheets on my bed was stained (large stains) in several places. It was stained enough that the person changing the bedding should have easily noticed and discarded the sheets. For me, this is completely unacceptable. Because I was never in the room when the staff was available, I borrowed sheets from a local friend for the bed. Another thing that might bother some is the beds are on springs, not box springs, and the mattresses are pretty thin. I have health issues that made this a real challenge for me, but I was able to tolerate it for a few days. Any longer and it would have been a problem. Also, the area is a wee bit sketchy, but I didn't have any problems or worries.

Overall, I will probably give this property one more try because I think it has potential.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

thought it would be a cleaner, more safe place to stay but it was no different from anywhere else in Phoenix. I saw a roach in the bathroom & decided it was time to go! I was already fed up with giving them all my money. I have attached 2 pics of the roach i killed to this review with the Value Place TV channel list in the photos to show EXACTLY where this roach came from. People hang out in the parking lot and get loud at night, just like anywhere else. The place has a bad odor, probably due to people cooking but that goes to show how much they DON'T CLEAN OR SANITIZE properly. On top of that, the front desk girl, Tiffany, is kind of rude and sarcastic until it comes to getting money out of u. Its All About The Benjamins at this place. U get more bang for ur buck at Legacy Suites or Budget Suites on Yorkshire. This place doesn't even have a pool!! NO AMENITIES AT ALL besides on site laundry which u get a card where u can only load money in $5 increments and if u have anything left over, u CANT get it back because the card has to be turned in at check-out or be charged $10. In addition to the $100 security deposit,we paid $293 PER WEEK for a SMALL studio (full sized bed) in which $7 was tacked on just to have the "luxury" of linen exchange everyday because unfortunately, room service only comes around every 2 weeks. We also had to pay an additional $11.88 PER WEEK for WiFi which happened to always be down! They don't even supply u with tissue. U have to pay over $40 for dishes (bowls, pots, pans, etc), $30 for a coffee pot AND u have to pay for LOCAL phone calls. Tiffany had the nerve to tell me that anywhere u go, u have to pay for local calls..THAT'S A FAT LIE! Not to mention, the after hours help guy never even answers and if he does, he has every excuse why he cant help u. Last but not least, if u don't give them 24 hrs notice that ur checking out, they charge u an extra $45. I hate to do business at places like this

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dasha B
Reviewed 14 November 2013

You want cleanliness, safety, and excellent service in a hotel. Here you also get a kitchen with sink and a full size fridge. No strings attached, stay for a week or as long as you wish. This hotel is also well located near a shopping mall and many restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write this review. Please know that it is greatly appreciate and we are very pleased that we have exceeded your expectations. We do hope that if you are in need of extended stay again...Value Place will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was impressed with the Customer service. They were always willing to assist. I did check in early with no problem. All items in the room had been refreshed. I mean new bedspreads, blankets and a new shower curtain. The carpet had been cleaned as well. I was told that after every stay, the completely clean and add new items for the next guest. It was very refreshing.
My only concern, you have to buy dishes for $44. It is called a dish pack and you did get to keep it. Not too bad, but I was pleased with the property.

Room Tip: Try this property in this area. I was pleased and will stay here again. Will and staff are awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. Our goal at Value Place is to exceed the expectation of our guest...we are happy that we were able to do that for you. We do hope if in need of extended stay again that Value Place will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had a business meeting session down there for about 2 months. I had no problems with Will or the other staff. It was exactly what I needed; a mini kitchen, TV, nice clean bathroom etc. I basically was only in my room when I was sleeping or doing laundry. I was out almost every weekend exploring Arizona when I wasn't doing business during the week. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and I got what I paid for. Most importantly, I was there during the hottest time of the year and the AC was AMAZING with no additional cost to me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback. All guest feedback is used for motivation and continued training. We are very pleased that your stay was all you and Value Place expected it to be. We do hope that if you are in need of an extended stay again that we will be your hotel of choice. Thank you again

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Mr williams at the front desk was truely a professional,and the whole value place staff was very professional and helpful,and made my stay at value place dunlap,in phoenix az,very peaceful,i shall be back in less then thirty days,i am looking forward to the value place dunlap team too putting a cheese burgers and chilli hot dogs vending machine in the first floor vending machine area.and also the metro center mall is in walking distance,from the hotel,there is a fudruckers burgers restaurant, 750 feet from the value place hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo