Arizona Sunburst Inn
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$113
Country Inn
US$197
US$148
  • Pool
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$455
US$382
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bother guestsquiet residential neighborhoodcommon kitchenr rpool deckclose to the airportrooms are cleanstay there againarizonaphxpropertyfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Tim is a wonderful host and sets your experience by making all feel welcome and at home. Although pride events were going on, it was preferable to enjoy the comfortable space he has provided and commune with others staying there. My stay at Sunburst Inn will remain in the top-10 highlights of my life!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My partner and I have been to several men's only resorts in our travels; including the only other one in the Phoenix area. Tim has set the standard by which we will measure all others in the future. Tim has to be one of the friendliest owners I have ever met. He has a way of making all of his guests feel comfortable and welcomed. The Sunburst is small enough that you can either keep to yourself and relax in the pool or jacuzzi, or enjoy the company of your fellow guests. You are minutes away from all of the bars and great restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Trust me when I say that you do not want to stay anywhere else if you are visiting Phoenix. We will absolutely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Call ahead. There are rooms with private baths and some are sharing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davesraves
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Sunburst Inn on a quick trip. Tim the host was there to greet me and show me around, plus he provided information during my trip on dining locations, local attractions and helped to arrange a massage.

The guesthouse was clean and quiet with plenty of room in the pool and on the sunny terrace. With the location on a dead end street, there was no traffic noise and it was very quiet and relaxing. The food selection was basic but abundant and easily accessible all day and night. In all, it was a great option for some clothing optional relaxation.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are nice but can be a bit loud if you are looking to go to sleep early with the doors open. Otherwise it's a good value.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Ericnelsonchgo
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have stayed at the Arizona Sunburst Inn a number of times; Twice with the previous owners and at least a half dozen times with the new owner, Tim. Tim has been working to upgrade the whole place bit by bit and he's the nicest guy you’d ever want to meet. He really makes you feel welcome. After all the time we spent talking out by the pool, I consider him a good friend. (He's from Seattle too so we had that in common as well.)

The place is small and it feels like you’re staying at your very own dessert vacation home, without the maintenance. The pool is wonderful and Tim works hard to keep the water perfect; not too much chlorine yet just enough to keep it safe and clean.

All the rooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean. A couple of the high-end rooms have been extensively remodeled and upgraded but there are also more modestly appointed (yet nice) rooms for those of us watching our pennies. The inn is located on a dead end street in a very quiet neighborhood north of downtown. Between a few off street parking spaces and the ample on-street parking, you can come and go as you please and never have to worry about not having a place to park, even if you get back very late from a night on the town. Trust me, I speak from experience.

From the outside, it looks like you're pulling up to someone's house rather than some resort or hotel. No lighted sign with burned out letters. ("Arizona Sun Bu_t _In”) Your first time here you may think you're lost and at the wrong place. OK, maybe you are lost, but you’re not in the wrong place, even if you are! Just pull over, park and go ring the doorbell. You will be greeted warmly with a smile and a big welcome.

The breakfast side of the "B&B" is basic and self-serve so, if you're expecting a big gourmet hot breakfast every morning, this may not be what you're looking for. For me, it was just right. A home baked muffin (Yes, Tim bakes something fresh every night when there are enough guests to warrant it.) a choice of cereals and yogurt, juices and of course, coffee. Often times other guests will also bring treats in from the local markets and share with everyone. (Did I mention that this place is friendly? Sometimes, VERY friendly. If you know what I mean. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Again from personal experience.)

Speaking of friendly, the whole place is "clothing optional." If you aren't comfortable going naked, that's fine. If you are, that's fine too. Somewhere in between? That’s fine too. The whole place is very private and the pool area has plenty of lounge chairs and chairs and tables. They also have float pads for sunbathing in the pool when it's really hot. A misting system helps to keep things comfortable. And, of course, the whole property has free Wi-Fi. My last couple of stays there, I had to work while I was there. For all anyone at the office knew, I was in my little cubicle back in Seattle.

Bottom line; if you want or need to stay in the Phoenix area, the Arizona Sunburst Inn IS your #1 choice. Personally, I wouldn’t even consider staying anywhere else in PHX.

GO! STAY! Relax. You WILL ENJOY!

Room Tip: All rooms except 2 and 4(?) are poolside.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Our host Tim was always friendly and made us feel welcome. He was very helpful in answering some specific quesitons we had about our travelling in Arizona. Other guests were also pleasant and we felt at ease to enjoy with them the facilities on the property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple