“Love the Southwest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Arizona Sunburst Inn
Atlanta, Michigan
“Love the Southwest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I don't know, I do not agree with some of the other reviewers - the plus of the stay of two days was that there are restaurants fairly close by with decent food - and there are bars not that far away as well - but something just did not click with the environment - first the owner kinda sat outside - not friendly - doing his crossword puzzles - like big brother watching - never talked unless you talked to him and then it was short and sweet and I am busy doing my puzzles - the TV outside where he sat was loud and blaring - and the continental breakfast was not up to bar with even a hotel.

Stayed the next two days at Royal Villa and enjoyed the stay.

I will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
31 Thank sleepyhollow309

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just left my 3 day visit from my favorite place - I always look forward to my stay and have already booked my next visit as with only 7 rooms this gem fills up quickly around holiday weeks. As with every visit - Tim was amazing - I spent most of the time working in my room as I was on a business trip, but still was able to come out and spend time chatting with Tim and the other guests - I have never felt more at home in any other environment.

Thanks for the great stay and can't wait to get back in December.

Room Tip: If your here for business ask for room 1 or 3 as they both have desks - If they are not available it...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Page Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Where can anything be added to already glowing reviews? Tim is built for this business. It's something he does quite naturally. Not something too many hosts actually accomplish with such ease.

Our stay was planned for one night only. We're also in the same business and had time constraints to be in the valley the following morning. We wanted to insert some relaxation if at all possible. What a crime under normal circumstances to do one pitiful night with this little gem in the valley! Although we anticipated time by the pool with our cocktails, great shop talk with our host, it was preempted by one of the worst travel days we'd ever encountered. A 4 hour traffic delay from overturned 5th wheel between Flagstaff and Phoenix. Our arrival was in the evening instead of afternoon. We were mortified to do this to our host. We did give status calls but it did little to feel better about being so past our estimated check in time.

Tim - you were wonderful. Thank you for this. We sure needed it. What a classy and gorgeous guy you are, and such the host.

The pool was sublime. The patio and pool deck was perfect. The swim was Heaven. But you made it complete. Everything was at hand. The room was a fantastic décor, felt luxurious and the amenities didn't leave out one single thing to need. We felt pampered from you, and what you offered. Can't say this enough.

As everyone says - WE'LL BE BACK! The next time it will be done right. And we hope to kidnap you to dinner. Hugs from Eric and Jarod and wishing you the best of continued success. Great to have met you!

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the biggest and best - poolside is terrific.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank DiciPageArizona
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This year will be my third consecutive visit to Tim and the Sunburst Inn. It is a quiet, intimate resort whose clientele is friendly but not pushy or overbearing. Tim is an excellent host, facilitates evening get-togethers tremendously and is one of the most genuine men I have ever met. He has a broad sense of humor, is respectful of one's privacy if that is what you are seeking, an engaging conversationalist who makes any man feel at home. I highly recommend this resort to any gay man or couple of any age group.

Room Tip: Any room poolside is great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have stayed at this place before and will always return. The host does an amazing job making everyone feel at home. Tim does an excellent job keeping the place up and every-time I visit there is something new, either new patio furnishings or a remodeled room. Another huge plus is the people and friends that I have met while staying there - it seems that most guest are return guests so that must tell you something.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Triumph_Go
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed for a week with partner in Feb. Hired a car and were all up for exploring! Big chunk of the country was wrapped up in a cold snap... Good fun to see how the locals were looking forward to the big chill that sent temperatures plunging for a couple of days!
The Guesthouse is run in a laid back, welcoming and friendly way! Tim is a fab host.
We booked a poolside room and enjoyed every minute of it! Picture proof!
Looking forward to seeing you all again :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fredinbrixton
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Phoenix can be intimidating - so many freeway interchanges to navigate that make travel fast and a bit daunting. But to get into the established neighborhoods and find a quiet place to stay while you explore a few of Phoenix's and the surrounding communities' wonderful attractions is a gift that keeps on giving. Tim is your host, and so accommodating and friendly he is. It is my choice for a private and relaxing oasis in the desert.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo