“Kids had a blast!!!”

Children’s Museum of Phoenix
Ranked #6 of 228 things to do in Phoenix
“Kids had a blast!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We were in the area on vacation and needed some time indoors. My kids 4 and 2 had so much fun exploring. It was a little crowded, but there was plenty for everyone to see and do. We could have easily spent the whole day there.

Kayenta, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of the best Children Museums we have been to”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you live in the area, it is probably best to get the year membership. We relocated out of the area and tend to pay the daily admission now.

Once my child learned to walk, the museum was much more exciting for him since he was able to do more--he is now 2.5 yrs. We love the huge treehouse once you walk in. The museum tends to invite different organizations/businesses to provide different information to visitors (e.g. the circus gave out free items, and a local dentist office gave out free toothpaste and toothbrushes). There is also an area to explore air, tubes and balls/scarves.

The second floor has an art area with a castle to paint and different art projects to work on, a puppet area, and a puzzle area. There are various areas to make music in the hallway. There is a room to make creative houses out of blankets and other materials, and a car wash to ride various bikes through. Also, on that floor is a new cafe, however it doesn't have a very child friendly menu. There is also access to the new outside area, which I unfortunately haven't visited yet, because it closes mid-day, which I would assume is due to the summer heat.

The third floor, has a specific toddler area with a play kitchen, reading area, and wooden playground area. This floor also contains the foam noodle forest to walk through, a place to race cars, book loft, pretend shopping store and kitchen areas, a room to explore the movement of balls rolling downward.

The gift shop has a great selection to buy from, the bathroom facilities are child friendly. We usually go during the weekdays to avoid the weekend crowds and tend to stay for about 4 hours. Visitors are able to bring prepared lunches from home to eat in the cafe area. There are also classes available at times, look at their schedule for subjects, pricing and times. Parking is free and always accessible.

My child always has a great time here, and falls asleep quickly in the car afterwards :)

Visited May 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“FAVE place!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the most amazing children's museum, it is pricey, but the membership makes it worth it. The place is completely kid proof and kid friendly for kids of all ages. My three year old son is in heaven running up and down the three story climber, through the noodle forest and doing the grocery shopping along with the car wash on tricycles and the ball room! We have yet to really explore the fort building room, but I am sure that is coming. The arts and crafts people are great and it is so much fun. I hope to have an event like a birthday party there if we can save up some money. Hope to try an adult evening fundraising event there in the future as well.

Visited June 2014
Big City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a few hours - ideal for kids 5-12 years”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just got back for a week's stay in Phoenix and because it was so hot we took the kids to the Children's Museum to get out of the heat. We thought it was excellent for the 5 years to 12 years age group! We had gone once before (about 2 years ago) and our youngest I think got so much more out of it this time around. She is now 5 years old. They have also added some more attractions. The fort building was a big hit with our kids, as well as, the make believe market and pizza making restaurant. The price was reasonable compared to other attractions and we ended up dragging our kids out of there after 5 hours. It is also great for parents because there are lots of benches and chairs and seats so you can watch your kids play while also relaxing. I saw a few parents who had brought books to read while their kids played.

We also ate lunch in the cafe and I was pleasantly surprised to see healthy choices on the menu - mostly salads and fruits and veggies. This makes it so much easier as you don't have kids begging for junk food, which is on most kids menus.

Anyway, all-in-all, a great way to spend an afternoon and well worth the money!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mrsbee123
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My kids got our money's worth”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My kids are 4 and 7 and we spent almost 6 hours here. What a great cool way to spend a day in Phoenix. My kids would have stayed longer if they could have.

They climbed the structure, spent hours playing with both of the whoosh machines, in the noodle maze, launching owls off the machine, racing cars down the tracks, and even found time to build a fort, paint, play the musical instruments, ride trikes, build ball tracks, play shop and ice cream stand. There was an outside play space but you need to go early if you want to do that as it closed at noon.

We ate in the cafe not knowing you could bring your own food in or wanting to go out and come back (an option with your admission hand stamp). The food was good had plenty of healthy choices and was reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend this if you have children 3-10.