“Great for kids of all ages”

Children’s Museum of Phoenix
Ranked #10 of 238 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great time at this museum. My 6 year old loved everything there. Even better - we got a huge discount on entry tickets because I'm a teacher (doesn't matter where you live it still counts so make sure you bring a teacher ID). I got me+1 in for free so we only had to pay for my husband. The museum is 3 stories and even though it was busy with being summer(camp groups galore), he got to try everything. I would definitely recommend this museum to anyone with kids ages 3-8, maybe even a little bit older.

1  Thank Karen M
"arts and crafts"
in 11 reviews
"interactive activities"

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We were in the area on vacation and needed some time indoors. My kids 4 and 2 had so much fun exploring. It was a little crowded, but there was plenty for everyone to see and do. We could have easily spent the whole day there.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you live in the area, it is probably best to get the year membership. We relocated out of the area and tend to pay the daily admission now.

Once my child learned to walk, the museum was much more exciting for him since he was able to do more--he is now 2.5 yrs. We love the huge treehouse once you walk in. The museum tends to invite different organizations/businesses to provide different information to visitors (e.g. the circus gave out free items, and a local dentist office gave out free toothpaste and toothbrushes). There is also an area to explore air, tubes and balls/scarves.

The second floor has an art area with a castle to paint and different art projects to work on, a puppet area, and a puzzle area. There are various areas to make music in the hallway. There is a room to make creative houses out of blankets and other materials, and a car wash to ride various bikes through. Also, on that floor is a new cafe, however it doesn't have a very child friendly menu. There is also access to the new outside area, which I unfortunately haven't visited yet, because it closes mid-day, which I would assume is due to the summer heat.

The third floor, has a specific toddler area with a play kitchen, reading area, and wooden playground area. This floor also contains the foam noodle forest to walk through, a place to race cars, book loft, pretend shopping store and kitchen areas, a room to explore the movement of balls rolling downward.

The gift shop has a great selection to buy from, the bathroom facilities are child friendly. We usually go during the weekdays to avoid the weekend crowds and tend to stay for about 4 hours. Visitors are able to bring prepared lunches from home to eat in the cafe area. There are also classes available at times, look at their schedule for subjects, pricing and times. Parking is free and always accessible.

My child always has a great time here, and falls asleep quickly in the car afterwards :)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the most amazing children's museum, it is pricey, but the membership makes it worth it. The place is completely kid proof and kid friendly for kids of all ages. My three year old son is in heaven running up and down the three story climber, through the noodle forest and doing the grocery shopping along with the car wash on tricycles and the ball room! We have yet to really explore the fort building room, but I am sure that is coming. The arts and crafts people are great and it is so much fun. I hope to have an event like a birthday party there if we can save up some money. Hope to try an adult evening fundraising event there in the future as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just got back for a week's stay in Phoenix and because it was so hot we took the kids to the Children's Museum to get out of the heat. We thought it was excellent for the 5 years to 12 years age group! We had gone once before (about 2 years ago) and our youngest I think got so much more out of it this time around. She is now 5 years old. They have also added some more attractions. The fort building was a big hit with our kids, as well as, the make believe market and pizza making restaurant. The price was reasonable compared to other attractions and we ended up dragging our kids out of there after 5 hours. It is also great for parents because there are lots of benches and chairs and seats so you can watch your kids play while also relaxing. I saw a few parents who had brought books to read while their kids played.

We also ate lunch in the cafe and I was pleasantly surprised to see healthy choices on the menu - mostly salads and fruits and veggies. This makes it so much easier as you don't have kids begging for junk food, which is on most kids menus.

Anyway, all-in-all, a great way to spend an afternoon and well worth the money!

1  Thank mrsbee123