“Great Value for the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Value for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

What a great option for baseball season during spring break! Very large comfortable rooms with kitchenettes and full living rooms. The hotel offers a full complimentary breakfast and happy hour. Great for all the hungry players! Very friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: all seem good
1 Thank shannon-indy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

What a nice hotel, close to the freeway I-17, quiet neighborhood, near stores, gas stations, well, it has everything and the most important is very affordable.
The breakfast was very complete and the personnel very kind all the time.

Room Tip: I'd prefer 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isaac146
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Our family stayed at this Drury Inn during spring break 2013. It had been recommended to us by a friend and we were not disappointed. The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast, evening reception and free long distance calls were impressive extras and our kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the free popcorn. Upon leaving, my youngest daughter mistakenly left her stuffed animal behind and when I inquired via an email to the hotel upon our return home, manager Larry Lewis not only sent a picture of the stuffed dog to reassure my daughter it was safe and sound but then offered to mail to our home at no cost to us. Very impressive service! We will definitely be staying here again.

3 Thank JennBNorVan
Valley Village, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We went to the Spring Training Game in Phoenix with some friends and two children .We decided to try out the Drury Inn & Suites since my husband and I are from the Hospitality industry. We were surprised to see that the hotel had a lot to offer. They have a really good breakfast that included a verity of foods to chose from. The waffles are really tasty. Everything is self serve , but there is always some staff cleaning and offering help. The hotel is newer , but had some things missing. The toilets for example have no seat covers in all the public restrooms. Also, the hotel does not have glass cups. My friend needed to make some tea and wanted a glass type of cup, so one of the housekeepers gave her one that was hers. Evening reception was great. They offered pasta with marinara sauce , cheddar soup, baked potato and salad just to name a few . There was always plenty and the staff was very helpfully. The kids had fun as well. Overall, it was a nice place.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Macky G
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Drury Inn during a weekend excursion to Phoenix in February 2013. We weren't just happy -- we were elated at how "well done" this hotel experience was. The room was impeccably clean, the bed comfortable, the breakfast excellent, the hotel staff friendly and helpful in every regard, and the room affordably priced. We aren't fussy, but we do recognize excellence when we see it, and this Drury Inn has it all. I always try to write "balanced" reviews, that reveal some negatives as well as positives. This Drury Inn gave me nothing to be "balanced" about. Congratulations on a well-run hotel and we will DEFINITELY return!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VailAZ
AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

First the Good:
Free Breakfast
Free Internet
Free Night food and Reception
The suite is spacious and clean

Negative
The ac turned on in the room every 3 minutes and turned off every 3 minutes making a clicking sound every time, I know this cause I timed it when I could not sleep.

The pool and Spa are very tiny and the Jacuzzi water was like warm bath water.

The front lobby was dirty with popcorn and other trash on the floor.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JVGPV
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for letting us know what you enjoyed and where our opportunities for improvement lay. We value all feedback as it can only help improve future stays. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
San Jose, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a morning meeting in Phoenix and I just needed to fly in, sleep, and then get my meeting over with. I chose the hotel based on positive reviews and the close proximity to my meeting. I was very pleased with my stay. I arrived late in the evening, the staff had me in my room in 5 minutes. No excessive waits, no need for credit card on file, etc. the room was clean, I could not hear people next to me. Slight hum of the freeway, it is close, but not enough to keep me awake. Bed was comfortable, AC was frosty cool. Wi-if was fast, and open, no need to get a code or use a silly site to sign up. Woke up refreshed, shower was clean, hot water quickly. Didn't eat breakfast, but I saw a lot of people eating as I was leaving. Checkout was again less than 5 min, pleasant staff. No complaints, exactly what I needed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business