“Everything is excellent!!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Everything is excellent!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Staff is friendly, even a courtesy call to the room to make sure we didn't need anything! Free snacks, breakfast. Pool and hot tub are clean and i loved how it was an outdoor/indoor pool so I could sit in the sun. Wish I could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DesArago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We've stayed here several times. They are very reasonable for what you get. I love the facilities, happy hour, and breakfast. Our only issue with Drury Inn is that they aren't located in all the places we travel. If they were, they'd have our business on these trips as well. This particular location has a unique indoor-outdoor pool available.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights. At first everything seemed fine, friendly service and decently clean. Upon packing my things before checking out I noticed a designer dress and other personal belongs of mine were no longer in my room. I was on my way to a medical school interview, so addressing this issue was not an option at the time. After my interview I contacted the hotel about the stolen items. No managers were "available" to speak to me about the theft. I was told nothing had been turned in to lost and found. I called back several times over the next few days trying to contact a manager, but they were always "in a meeting". I guess they must get theft complaints often and instruct their employees to make excuses. After Leaving countless messages I received a single voicemail saying nothing was found and there wasn't anything they could do. I don't know what I was expecting from such a low-quality chain but perhaps refunding my $85 per night or even a slight gesture of concern may have been a start. Anyways Glendale is full of hotels so please take my advice and stay somewhere else, anywhere else. This place steals from guests rooms!!!! Learn from my misfortune and STAY AWAY!

• Stayed May 2013
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I apologize for your experience and assure you we exhausted all avenues to locate your lost article. Once we were notified, a member of our management team checked the room and checked with the housekeeping staff. I am sorry we were unable to reach you right away and will work with our team on ways to improve our communication when following up with a guest who has lost an item.
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I really like Drury Inn hotels and this is the second one I've stayed in. The hotel and rooms are clean and comfy, but the best is all the free extras. Popcorn is served in the afternoon and then three alcoholic beverages and food buffet for dinner. There was salad, chips and dip, chili, hot dogs, baked potato, chicken strips, and Mac and cheese. The food was average but free. Then a free breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, etc. Great deal, great price.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Critzyj
Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Had business near-by for 3 months, 3 night-stay per week. The service was excellent, the rooms comfy, the breakfast and evening buffets were perfect. If there were any issues, management attended to them right away. This was the hotel's busy season and full most nights. I was so impressed with the service and staff under such pressure. I look forward to next year's 3-month contract! Thank you all!

Room Tip: North or south- facing - both with nice views!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 423judic
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed one night here recently. The Hotel was so clean and tidy and staff very nice. Our room was spotless,modern and spacious,two queens. Breakfast was the usual with waffles, eggs etc. But there was plenty. Great night sleep will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mintym00
Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We needed a hotel for family to gather for a benefit golf tournament for the Arizona Transplant House associated with the Mayo Clinic. The price was right and the 5:30 Kickback with free drinks and food was perfect for our family to visit before going out to dinner. The hot breakfast the next day was extensive. After the golf tournament, several folks enjoyed the pool. The rooms are extremely comfortable with good beds, microwave and refrigerator. This hotel provides a lot of value for the price! The free popcorn in the lobby is a nice treat after a long day's drive and it was easy to find. Nearby is a large outdoor mall with lots of dining options.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family