“Nice pet friendly hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We needed accommodations for one night with a dog. We found this hotel and the reviews were great. So, we thought we would give it a shot.

We had a dog with us so we were charged an additional fee of $10. This was explained to us up front so there was no suprised there. I thought the extra fee was appropriate because there was absolutely no evidence of any pets having been in our room before (unlike other pet friendly hotels we've stayed at). So, it was obviouse that the cleaning staff put some extra effort in to cleaning up after guests with pets.

The room was clean and fresh. I don't know how old the hotel is but everything was in like-new condition. I could not hear any other guests through the door or walls. The bed and linens were comfortable. We woke well rested.

The staff was friendly and polite. They greeted us when we arrived and explained the features of their hotel since we had never stayed at a Drury before.

We arrived late and left very early so we were unable to get any of the free food and drinks. We also did not use the pool or fitnes center.

We were driving a large rental truck with a car in tow. We had no problem finding a good place to park the giant rig.

Overall we were very pleased. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bigjoshc

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just a fantastic hotel. The only thing is that it is further out of Phoenix and Scottsdale than what I had thought when I had booked it.

Breakfast and the afternoon snacks were great. Good pool that is indoor and outdoor. Service and staff were very friendly.

I'd definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank michael c
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel is on the north end of Phoenix, somewhat out of the way. However, the early evening repast--way beyond snacks-- makes the scarcity of nearby restaurants no problem. The rooms are clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. The morning hot breakfast is excellent. I used the guest laundry. While there was no place to sit during the last few minutes of washing/drying, the area itself was clean--much cleaner than some I have found in other hotels.
Service was personal and friendly. I was greeted as someone who had been there before when I returned for my second stay in 10 days. And the greeting was genuine, as the clerk remembered me. The room prices were also much lower than anything else I could find in or near :Phoenix. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Childmountain3
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I love staying at Drury for all the free stuff you get that other hotels don't offer for free. There's free snacks in the afternoon, free hot breakfast in the morning, free popcorn, free wi-fi, etc. My entire family loved the free food and nice rooms. The hotel is somewhat far from I-10 but worth the drive. Thanks again Drury.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Navaly
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Drury Inn is always a nice place to stay and this one does not disappoint. The added touch of hot popcorn in the lobby and a reception in the evening give it a homey atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable. Breakfast is great; and pool is also wonderful. If you are traveling to Phoenix, this hotel should be at the top of your list, especially if you are traveling with a family!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 76michaelc
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We've stayed at several Drury Inns and they continue to be on top of their game. The rooms are neat and comfy, flat screen TV. We booked through their website and scored a great deal using their Promotional Rate. Their breakfast is always awesome, biscuit and gravy, eggs, potatoes, sausage, variety of cereal, juices, coffee, breads, etc. Their meals are fresh! I'm sure we will be staying again.

Room Tip: Visit their website and check out their Promo Deals before booking! :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneArizona
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Staff is friendly, even a courtesy call to the room to make sure we didn't need anything! Free snacks, breakfast. Pool and hot tub are clean and i loved how it was an outdoor/indoor pool so I could sit in the sun. Wish I could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: July 2013