“Excellent experience!”

and up
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride from Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Experience of a Lifetime, Happening Right Now! Offering launch times of sunrise and sunset, our year-round flights are approximately one hour over the beautiful North Scottsdale and Sonoran desert area. We provide our guests a traditional champagne ceremony to commemorate your flight, a first flight certificate and locally crafted delights.We have proudly flown over 170,000 passengers and are the official ride operator of the World's Largest Balloon Event. Call to reserve your flight today and check this once in a lifetime experience off of your bucket list!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glendale, Arizona
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rainbow Ryders ensured that my mother and I had an unforgettable experience. Our Pilot, Mark, had invaluable knowledge of hot air balloons and their equipment. Not only was Mark knowledgeable on balloons, but he knew EVERYTHING about the desert, and was very personable. I will definitely experience another hot air balloon ride through the expertise of Rainbow Ryders.

Visited June 2014
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks for the shout out o Mark is a wonderful pilot with extensive knowledge of the Phoenix area. Thank for the review of our vast expertise. we appreciate it immensely!

“Great people, great service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great experience. Would surely do it again. The whole crew was very nice!!! And they made everyone feel very safe and comfortable.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate the feedback. Join us again for another adventure.
Pori, Finland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth Getting Up Early For”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Scottsdale for a conference and I ended up staying in Arizona for vacation an additional four days. The first thing I did was drive a short distance to Rainbow Ryders in Phoenix to take a sunrise hot air balloon ride.

Although the sun was already rising when we all met up at the office and drove to the site, I got some beautiful shots of the sunrise with the Arizona landscape as we were preparing for our flight. Watching the balloon get set up was really cool and I was able to assist with the inflation.

Once airbourne, it was a splendid trip from start to finish. I had an excellent view of everything around. There was a lot of dust in the air, so seeing great distances was not really plausible, but seeing the sun finish rising over the mountains was really excellent. It was fun to watch other balloons too. We flew around for an hour or so and then touched down (it was a bumpy landing, but it was also the most exciting part). We then had champagne and orange juice with bagels and pasterirs for breakfast and heard a story about the origins and traditions of hot air ballooning. Our pilot, Al, handed out certificates to each of us to commemorate our experience. Finally, we got back in the van and were driven back to the office where we were given a pin as well.

I had always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon and so I was really happy to check this off my bucket list. I plan to go many more times in the future and I highly recommend Rainbow Riders. You can't beat the price either. I visited the Grand Canyon, Four Corners, the Petrified Forest, the Painted Desert, etc. on this trip, and my hot air balloon ride was one of the best parts of my Arizona vacation, so be sure to make it part of yours as well.

1 Thank MattyBoh
Thanks so much for referring us to Trip Advisor world. So glad you stayed longer in Scottsdale and were able to fly with us! Please come back and fly with us again.
“Amazing Crew and Balloon Ride”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I are only in the Phoenix area for a few days for work and it also happened to be his birthday as well. I called Rainbow Ryders the day before after doing some research and was able to book at a moments notice, which made for the birthday surprise awesome. This was our first balloon ride and being inexperienced balloon floaters we really enjoyed the education the crew offered. Our crew was Jeremy, Keith, Jesse and the pilot, Al were all fun, informative and educational, yet safe and efficient. Being inexperienced, the process was easy and we felt like we were in good hands!

The ride was awesome and we were lucky enough to share our basket with a group of amazing other people, which made our ride that much more enjoyable! My husband was even able to help "fill" the envelope prior to lift off.

Jesse rode in the balloon with us since he is training to be a balloon pilot, but rest assured he has plenty of air experience with over 10 years in the industry, including his fixed wing/commercial license. He even is already has his own "schtick", so both he and Al had us all laughing!

Everyone went above and beyond to make our experience amazing by making suggestions to us of other places to see/visit during our short time in the area and Jesse even took the time once we got back to home base to write down all the ideas that the crew came up with, so we could plan our attack for the next few days.

Visited May 2014
Great job to our newest soon to be pilot Jesse. Thanks for the review so glad you had such a memorable experience. Please fly with us again for a hilarious uplifting experience.
Mesa, Arizona
“Awesome experience from start to finish!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our original flight was canceled due to wind conditions, rescheduling was painless, communication was great! This morning was wonderful- all questions answered, great instruction, fantastic pilot - Steve, and hard working fun crew! Interesting facts about the area pointed out so we didn't miss them. After posting pics- my Mom commented this is on her wish list! Will be purchasing a Gift Card for when she's in the area! Nobody should miss this experience! Fantastic! Thank you!

Visited May 2014
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are sorry about the cancellation! However we are super excited that we were able to fly you. Since you are sending mom on another flight when she is in the area, we also fly in Albuquerque, NM if she is in that area as well.