“Very nice!!!”

Ranked #59 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
cleveland,ohio
“Very nice!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with the exterior. When I walked I to the room, I forgot I was at a holiday inn. I actually had a living room with a mounted flat screen tv. A microwave and mini frig. The small balony was so cute (I guess that's for smokers. The van was there in time but, late picking us up in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and also for writing such a wonderful review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night after returning from Afghanistan with the Arizona Army National Guard. The check in staff was amazingly friendly. They even gave me two drinks at the bar plus a breakfast buffet. All of the common areas of the hotel are immaculate and the rooms are extraordinarily clean. This is an outstanding property with a great location and a wonderful staff. What really put it over the top was one of the front desk staff lending me their PERSONAL cell phone charger to charge my cell phone after I misplaced mine en route from overseas. This small act of service was the lifeline I needed to stay in touch with my unit during final outprocessing and to speak with my family. I'm not making this up-customer service like that doesn't happen anymore!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have some great views...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
The entire staff at The Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport would like to commend you and your fellowmen for all you do for us. Thanks for staying at our hotel and we really appreciate your dedication to serving our country.
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was very surprised on how spacious the regular room was! It was huge! The hotel itself was very clean. Corrine at the front desk was awesome! Very helpful! Their continental breakfast buffet was surprisingly very good! They have a good spread to choose from. They also provide a "bathroom kit" for their guests, in case they forgot to bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, razor blade, etc... I was very satisfied with my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at the property because I had an early flight out the next day. Very friendly staff, great rooms with comfortable beds. Hotel shuttle to the airport runs 24 hrs and that makes it very convenient for early flights.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rjervin
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Criteria for Hotel for one night in Phoenix - early evening arrival from Europe so quick drink, quick meal, then sleep. 3 Adults (Mum Dad & Son) Booked King Bed Exec Suite best flexible with breakfast - on the road next day for 15-day road trip. Simple two-room suite at a cost of $191.
I asked in advance if the sleeper sofa could be made up in the lounge area for my son - which was not done. I spoke to the young lady on reception who said it would be attended to, she'd call housekeeping. After a drink and a meal, we returned to find two flimsy sheets and a very thin duvet dumped on the sofa bed - make it yourself time. Sofa bed very thin and uncomfortable.
Check in - Amateur, as in young and inexperienced...not customer focused, especially at this price for an 'exec' room.
Location - close to airport so fine.
Very average experience for a relatively expensive room.
SAVING GRACE - on the evening of 22 April the bubbly lady running the hotel bar was outstanding in the way she was dealing with all her customers. Had a great local beer and a very nice meal, all served with humour and fantastic customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear LindseySurrey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience at the bar and that you were pleased with the fantastic service you received. My apologies for the disappointment you had with the sofa bed and the check in. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leicester.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

After a long flight what do you want from your hotel;
Near to the airport.
Easy check in.
Comfortable room and a good nights sleep.
Good breakfast in the morning
Easy check out
On top of that good customer service.
Well this hotel is exactly what your looking for ! Not too many bells and whistle, but not bare minimum. and great value. This is one airport hotel that ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: Room at the back is quietest, but front rooms are not noisey.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Guest,
The Staff at The Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport sincerely appreciates your great comment. We do strive for customer satisfaction and are happy to know it was delivered.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Clean and quiet. Very comfortable beds, good size rooms. Stayed for business trip. Unless you are staying for just one night the location is horrible. Right next to airport, but not really within walking distance to anything. Not even a convenient store or gas station nearby. Unless you have a rental car choose a different location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel.We understand that there is not much in our immediate surrounding, however, we do provide a shuttle to take our guests to restaurants and stores within a 3 mile radius.I hope you are able to use this service if you are ever in this area again.