Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Checked into the hotel since it was close to the airport and had shuttle service. Rooms are clean and updated as was the lobby. Corrine who checked me in was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions as well as driving directions. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mathfun
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments are appreciated. Corinne and all our front desk staff have excellent customer service skills and I will let her know how great she was. Thank you

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Four and a half stars...We stayed here on an overnight layover on our way home from the D.C. area. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby and they gave us a coupon for a free drink in the bar. We didn't use it, but I'm sure if we had more time we would have. The rooms are new and equipped with more than enough pillows. My husband much preferred this hotel as compared to another all-suite hotel in the area with a comparable price. The only downfall for me was that with little kids, we usually leave a bathroom light on as a nightlight but the bathroom light and bathroom fan are on the same switch. That meant that we had to run the bathroom fan all night long. Otherwise, we really liked the convenience factor and great customer service here...more than adequate for an overnight layover that provides a free shuttle at all hours and is close to the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor looking north
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for mentioning the fact about the bathroom lights. Please do let us know if you return to our hotel as we will provide you with a night light. We are happy to know that everything else was perfect for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with the exterior. When I walked I to the room, I forgot I was at a holiday inn. I actually had a living room with a mounted flat screen tv. A microwave and mini frig. The small balony was so cute (I guess that's for smokers. The van was there in time but, late picking us up in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and also for writing such a wonderful review.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night after returning from Afghanistan with the Arizona Army National Guard. The check in staff was amazingly friendly. They even gave me two drinks at the bar plus a breakfast buffet. All of the common areas of the hotel are immaculate and the rooms are extraordinarily clean. This is an outstanding property with a great location and a wonderful staff. What really put it over the top was one of the front desk staff lending me their PERSONAL cell phone charger to charge my cell phone after I misplaced mine en route from overseas. This small act of service was the lifeline I needed to stay in touch with my unit during final outprocessing and to speak with my family. I'm not making this up-customer service like that doesn't happen anymore!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have some great views...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
The entire staff at The Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport would like to commend you and your fellowmen for all you do for us. Thanks for staying at our hotel and we really appreciate your dedication to serving our country.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was very surprised on how spacious the regular room was! It was huge! The hotel itself was very clean. Corrine at the front desk was awesome! Very helpful! Their continental breakfast buffet was surprisingly very good! They have a good spread to choose from. They also provide a "bathroom kit" for their guests, in case they forgot to bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, razor blade, etc... I was very satisfied with my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at the property because I had an early flight out the next day. Very friendly staff, great rooms with comfortable beds. Hotel shuttle to the airport runs 24 hrs and that makes it very convenient for early flights.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rjervin
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Criteria for Hotel for one night in Phoenix - early evening arrival from Europe so quick drink, quick meal, then sleep. 3 Adults (Mum Dad & Son) Booked King Bed Exec Suite best flexible with breakfast - on the road next day for 15-day road trip. Simple two-room suite at a cost of $191.
I asked in advance if the sleeper sofa could be made up in the lounge area for my son - which was not done. I spoke to the young lady on reception who said it would be attended to, she'd call housekeeping. After a drink and a meal, we returned to find two flimsy sheets and a very thin duvet dumped on the sofa bed - make it yourself time. Sofa bed very thin and uncomfortable.
Check in - Amateur, as in young and inexperienced...not customer focused, especially at this price for an 'exec' room.
Location - close to airport so fine.
Very average experience for a relatively expensive room.
SAVING GRACE - on the evening of 22 April the bubbly lady running the hotel bar was outstanding in the way she was dealing with all her customers. Had a great local beer and a very nice meal, all served with humour and fantastic customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear LindseySurrey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience at the bar and that you were pleased with the fantastic service you received. My apologies for the disappointment you had with the sofa bed and the check in. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C