“Better Than Usual Airport Hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Ottawa, Canada
“Better Than Usual Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a step up from the usual airport hotel. It's new, spacious, well appointed, and well maintained. I stayed here recently at the end of a trip in Arizona and was pleasantly surprised.

The location is excellent, we made it to the rental car centre in 15-20 minutes at 8:00am on a weekday. The hotel is just off a major highway and very conveniently located in relation to the airport. Express checkout is offered and makes it easy to get on your way in the morning.

There is some noise from the nearby highway which means that light sleepers may want to request a room further away from it, but I found that the air conditioning essentially drowned out any noticeable noise from outside. My room was close to the elevators, but these are isolated in a sort of alcove and I didn't notice any noise from them during the night. My room also had a bar fridge and a microwave.

Overall I would recommend this for airport or local stays; it was good value, well kept, and a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Away from the highway is better, but the A/C should drown out any outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here for a quick overnight prior to catching a flight. It was very easy access from I-10. The room was clean and new. The bed was comfortable. Biggest plus was a great rate for the room and parking for up to 14 days including a shuttle to and from the airport. Cannot be beat when you consider what you end up spending on parking at the airport. I liked the little bar and restaurant, very nice to be able to have a drink and a bite to eat onsite. My only issue was when I was picked up from the airport. I called for pick up and was advised 20 mins, when I saw a Holiday inn driver in the van described,I jumped on only to learn I had picked the wrong holiday inn. The driver was very nice to deliver me to my car at the other location, but they just need to make a distinction between the two vans as other guests had done the same thing. Overall, a great stay for a busy traveler who needs a place to rest their head and grab a drink and light dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your lovely review about the hotel. I would also like to offer my apologies regarding the van situation. It is a little bit of a struggle with two airport Holiday Inns and I know its impossible for the guest to know the difference or even know the fact that there are two so close by. Its even harder because the vans are wrapped in Holiday Inn standard requirements so they all look completely the same. We will start asking for guest names and verify it with people waiting for the shuttle. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Checked into the hotel since it was close to the airport and had shuttle service. Rooms are clean and updated as was the lobby. Corrine who checked me in was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions as well as driving directions. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Mathfun
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments are appreciated. Corinne and all our front desk staff have excellent customer service skills and I will let her know how great she was. Thank you
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Four and a half stars...We stayed here on an overnight layover on our way home from the D.C. area. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby and they gave us a coupon for a free drink in the bar. We didn't use it, but I'm sure if we had more time we would have. The rooms are new and equipped with more than enough pillows. My husband much preferred this hotel as compared to another all-suite hotel in the area with a comparable price. The only downfall for me was that with little kids, we usually leave a bathroom light on as a nightlight but the bathroom light and bathroom fan are on the same switch. That meant that we had to run the bathroom fan all night long. Otherwise, we really liked the convenience factor and great customer service here...more than adequate for an overnight layover that provides a free shuttle at all hours and is close to the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor looking north
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for mentioning the fact about the bathroom lights. Please do let us know if you return to our hotel as we will provide you with a night light. We are happy to know that everything else was perfect for you.
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with the exterior. When I walked I to the room, I forgot I was at a holiday inn. I actually had a living room with a mounted flat screen tv. A microwave and mini frig. The small balony was so cute (I guess that's for smokers. The van was there in time but, late picking us up in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and also for writing such a wonderful review.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night after returning from Afghanistan with the Arizona Army National Guard. The check in staff was amazingly friendly. They even gave me two drinks at the bar plus a breakfast buffet. All of the common areas of the hotel are immaculate and the rooms are extraordinarily clean. This is an outstanding property with a great location and a wonderful staff. What really put it over the top was one of the front desk staff lending me their PERSONAL cell phone charger to charge my cell phone after I misplaced mine en route from overseas. This small act of service was the lifeline I needed to stay in touch with my unit during final outprocessing and to speak with my family. I'm not making this up-customer service like that doesn't happen anymore!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have some great views...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
The entire staff at The Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport would like to commend you and your fellowmen for all you do for us. Thanks for staying at our hotel and we really appreciate your dedication to serving our country.
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was very surprised on how spacious the regular room was! It was huge! The hotel itself was very clean. Corrine at the front desk was awesome! Very helpful! Their continental breakfast buffet was surprisingly very good! They have a good spread to choose from. They also provide a "bathroom kit" for their guests, in case they forgot to bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, razor blade, etc... I was very satisfied with my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013