After checking out of the fantastic Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak and taking a $50 Execucar ride here the night before we flew home from a wonderful vacation we were told they didn't have a room for us due to the guest in our room deciding to extend their stay. They without asking if it was ok with us told us they were moving us to the Quality Inn in Tempe. I quickly TripAdvisor'd the hotel and immediately was fearful. I paid $189 to stay in a nice place to avoid staying at a place like they were trying to move me to. I wasn't the only one who was getting the same problem. We witnessed numerous guests being told they didn't have a room and they were moving them to the Quality Inn. Terrible customer service! I understand if 1 room falls into this situation but we witnessed at least 5 instances of this while we were trying to find a SAFE, CLEAN, CLOSE TO AIRPORT place to stay for the night instead of the Quality Inn that was priced way cheaper than the $189 I paid. Luckily a group that was getting the same treatment had a couple in the group who had rooms at the Holiday Inn and didn't want to be split up from their group and decided to all go to the Quality Inn and we were given one of their rooms. (Even though I booked and paid for a room 2 months prior)
We were offered a discount on the room but still won't change my mind about never booking at any Holiday Inn property again. I was traveling with my wife and Autistic son and seriously was worried for our safety and health looking up the place the hotel was trying to relocate us to. It created a very stressful and frightful situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at 48th Street and University Drive, the Holiday Inn® Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport is close to everything. The hotel's complimentary shuttle service to Sky Harbor International Airport and location three miles from Arizona State University makes travel simpler. Phoenix, AZ is home to the Pueblo Grande Museum, Desert Botanical Garden and, Sun Devil Stadium, all within five miles of the Phoenix airport. The hotel's convenient, free shuttle service can take you to a nearby Metro Light Rail Station or to sample Tempe Mill Avenue's multiple restaurants and shops. Shuttle service to Mill Avenue is provided from 12 noon to 11PM. For business travelers, the complimentary high-speed, wired & wireless Internet access helps you to stay in touch with the office and be prepared for meetings. Here in Phoenix, AZ, our fresh, contemporary design and spacious rooms offer exciting alternatives for meeting and event space. We have more than 3,000 square feet of flexible functi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Phoenix Airport
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport Arizona