“Reasonably Priced Clean Modern Airport Accommodations”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 26 May 2014

(First, make sure you have the right hotel as there is also a Holiday Inn- PHX Airport North located on 44th St. This review is for the Holiday Inn PHX Airport located on 48th St. Not only are they located on similar streets, they even look alike! ) Only 5 years old, this hotel is clean, modern and well maintained, and while it is recommended, it has some minor issues. Call the hotel from Baggage Claim and request the shuttle as soon as you get your bags, as it can take some time to arrive, particularly during peak hours. The shuttle van was loud and quite old (downright beaten up inside and out), but the air-conditioning worked and it got us to and from the hotel. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small but nice pool, along with a very small fitness room consisting of a treadmill, bike and elliptical trainer, along with a single multi-use pull cable weight station. The business center has two computers with free internet access, but free printing is limited to 10 pages per stay, so good enough to print your boarding passes, but little more. My standard king bed room on the second floor was a good size, and included a desk, microwave, single serve coffee maker and a mini-fridge. The LG 42 in. flat panel TV had lots of channels. The AC was very cold, but it may be too loud for light sleepers. The free Wi-Fi had some problems and did require a call to tech support who took 30 minutes to resolve the issue, and when fixed, it had average speeds while on-line, but streaming video might be choppy. The well lit bathroom had a full size tub and plenty of hot water. Parking is free for guests. For just $49/night on Hot Wire, this hotel was a very good bargain, but with its out-of-way airport location and nothing located within walking distance, you will likely need a car if staying here. If this is an example of the “new” Holiday Inn, it made a pretty good impression.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInn2, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate your review of our hotel and would like to Thank you for it. I am happy that your were satisfied and had a good experience. My concern is the internet speed, I will have a word with our Internet Provider as this should not be an issue we need. Thank you for bringing it up as we can get it looked at. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again. Thanks

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This HIE is a good stop if you need a convienient place to stay before an early morning flight. Our king room was larger than average, clean and well equiped. The front desk attendent was helpful with printed directions to airport/rental car return and an extensive list of restaurants in the area. We have stayed at this Inn in the past and would certainly return on future trips to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Its always a pleasure to be of service to all our valued guests. We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. Thank you so much

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I now have been staying at this hotel for the last 3 months. May 16 I had an emergency and needed to have a ups package sent out and could not arrange for a pick up at the hotel and a staff member took the package for me on her lunch hour. For the last 3 months I have seen the front desk go out of there way to make each time I stay here my home away from home. Justin,
Erica, and all the front desk are the most customer oriented staff I have encountered over my years of traveling. They always are smiling and say Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ana r

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. we have a great team of dedicated staff and they will enjoy reading your wonderful comments. We look forward to being of service to you always.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I originally booked this hotel through Hotwire and had planned on staying there the night before my fellowship interview. Unfortunately my flight to Phoenix was cancelled and I was unable to make it that night. I called the hotel to see if I could switch my reservation to the next night. They were very friendly and accommodating and allowed me to change my reservation despite having booked it through Hotwire.

When I checked in, the staff again was very friendly. The rooms were clean and I was able to get some good sleep.

The location is great for quick access to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am glad we were able to accomodate your change in reservation. We try to take our guests needs taken care of as much as possible. We hope to see you in the near future

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this place...staff are so friendly and accomodating, willing to go the extra mile. Been traveling for over a year and have had no issues since being here.
2nd home away from home...comfort and ease

• Stayed: May 2014
HolidayInn2, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your repeat stays and taking the time to write the great review. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We spent one night here and really appreciated their airport shuttle service as well as the clean, quiet, roomy, comfortable room. The staff we encountered were all very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant in the hotel has delicious food and wonderful service as well.

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor was at the far end of the hallway and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we really hope you have an opportunity to come back.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Needed a last minute place to stay, staff was very helpful the room was very clean, after an event that we got very dirty at the staff was great about getting us extra towels and toiletries and even called our room to see if we needed anything else. Would recommend staying there to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great compliments regarding our staff. We are extremely proud of all they do and I will certainly let them know how much they were w=appreciated. Thanks for staying with us.