(First, make sure you have the right hotel as there is also a Holiday Inn- PHX Airport North located on 44th St. This review is for the Holiday Inn PHX Airport located on 48th St. Not only are they located on similar streets, they even look alike! ) Only 5 years old, this hotel is clean, modern and well maintained, and while it is recommended, it has some minor issues. Call the hotel from Baggage Claim and request the shuttle as soon as you get your bags, as it can take some time to arrive, particularly during peak hours. The shuttle van was loud and quite old (downright beaten up inside and out), but the air-conditioning worked and it got us to and from the hotel. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small but nice pool, along with a very small fitness room consisting of a treadmill, bike and elliptical trainer, along with a single multi-use pull cable weight station. The business center has two computers with free internet access, but free printing is limited to 10 pages per stay, so good enough to print your boarding passes, but little more. My standard king bed room on the second floor was a good size, and included a desk, microwave, single serve coffee maker and a mini-fridge. The LG 42 in. flat panel TV had lots of channels. The AC was very cold, but it may be too loud for light sleepers. The free Wi-Fi had some problems and did require a call to tech support who took 30 minutes to resolve the issue, and when fixed, it had average speeds while on-line, but streaming video might be choppy. The well lit bathroom had a full size tub and plenty of hot water. Parking is free for guests. For just $49/night on Hot Wire, this hotel was a very good bargain, but with its out-of-way airport location and nothing located within walking distance, you will likely need a car if staying here. If this is an example of the “new” Holiday Inn, it made a pretty good impression.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at 48th Street and University Drive, the Holiday Inn® Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport is close to everything. The hotel's complimentary shuttle service to Sky Harbor International Airport and location three miles from Arizona State University makes travel simpler. Phoenix, AZ is home to the Pueblo Grande Museum, Desert Botanical Garden and, Sun Devil Stadium, all within five miles of the Phoenix airport. The hotel's convenient, free shuttle service can take you to a nearby Metro Light Rail Station or to sample Tempe Mill Avenue's multiple restaurants and shops. Shuttle service to Mill Avenue is provided from 12 noon to 11PM. For business travelers, the complimentary high-speed, wired & wireless Internet access helps you to stay in touch with the office and be prepared for meetings. Here in Phoenix, AZ, our fresh, contemporary design and spacious rooms offer exciting alternatives for meeting and event space. We have more than 3,000 square feet of flexible functi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Phoenix Airport
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport Arizona