“New, Clean, Safe Location, Great Price & Courteous Staff”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #60 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Dallas, Texas
“New, Clean, Safe Location, Great Price & Courteous Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed on a layover, was a little concerned about the area when I booked (especially given the inexpensive rate) but it is a nice business area close to the airport. Shuttle was fast/efficient as was check-in. Everything is new and very nice, closer to a Hyatt/Hilton experience with decor. Staff was great, food and drink was very good as well.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about our hotel. We did pass on your appreciation to all the involved staff members.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Huntington Beach, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

Okay, it is a relatively new hotel. Yes it is pretty and clean. That's all the good i can say about it.

My work computer could not reach my office computer since the hotel blocked it somehow. This is the only hotel ever that I have had this problem. Yes, I got the internet but they have so many firewalls up that I could not contact my office from my room internet. So, I had to use the Office Center here at the hotel. There was no air conditioning in this tiny room and it was 115 degrees outside while I was there. The Office Center was like a sauna and I complained and it never got fixed the whole time I was there. They also have loud music playing through thoughout the hotel that is so loud in the Office Center that you could not concentrate on your work. No one knew how to turn it off except the Hotel Manager who only did it for a few minutes since I complained.

The thermostat in my room would work sometimes then sometimes not. Again, it was 115 degrees the week I was there. You either were too hot or too cold. Also, sometimes the lights in my room and the electrical sockets would work sometimes and sometimes not. It was like my room was haunted.

Also, no trash cans outside the doors of the hotel to throw stuff away as you come in from your car and no trash cans in the lobby. I almost felt like just piling it up by the outside door but I would never do such a thing.

Most of the front desk staff were extremely nice but very unknowable as to fixing the problems I had. Some said they would contact maintenance but the issues never got fixed during my stay.

So, as nice at the hotel looked, they won't get another penny from me again. See ya.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank HBBear
HolidayInnPhoenix, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Hello,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments. It is through them that we know what needs attention so it doesn’t happen again to other guests. I want to apologize on behalf of the employees and management in charge during your stay. These challenges have been addressed and taken care of. The firewalls have been removed, the air conditioning unit in the business center has been fixed as well as the thermostat and lighting in the room. As for the trash can, there is one right outside the lobby that resembles the planters which I would have missed myself as well because of that, so perhaps a sign would work.

If there is anything we can do to earn your confidence in us and earn your business again, please let us know. I understand that in a new hotel everything should be impeccable and in working order. However, there are some inherent challenges that unfortunately our guests sometimes have to experience in order for us to find out despite all the testing that goes into it before opening our doors.

Again, thanks for your comments as they have given us the opportunity to address and correct these issues.

Respectfully,
The Management,
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

This hotel is very new, and the rooms are super clean and well-appointed for the price. A king suite at this hotel was 50% less than a 2 queen room at a nearby hotel. We stayed here with a 10 month old and a 4 year old, and the staff was super helpful. A crib was waiting for us in our room, the desk staff helped us get a ride to local shopping venues to get things we needed, and anything we requested was provided with a smile.

One night, we needed to do laundry, but the dryer was out of service. The housekeepers volunteered to let us use the hotel dryers after the load we were washing in the guest washer was finished. They took our wet clothing, dried it for us, and delivered it to our room (folded!) free of charge. They clearly go above and beyond at this hotel, and I couldn't recommend it strongly enough.

And yes, it's a great looking hotel -- not your grandma's Holiday Inn, and it's very close to the airport, has its own restaurant (though it's more like a restaurant-ette with a limited menu and limited hours) with surprisingly decent food, a bar, and a pool. I have traveled for business and pleasure to luxury hotels that this inexpensive, family-friendly, airport hotel could rival.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. It is our goal to provide satisfaction to each and every guest. Please visit us on your next trip to this area.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

I am somewhat of a neat freak and am picky about hotels. That said, here is my review:

Front Desk: very nice staff; aim to please; professional; service with a smile

Housekeeping: excellent; very clean - no complaints; responds quickly to requests

2 Queen Bed Rooms: a little cramped for 4 people (2 adults/2children) - no room to open all 4 suitcases at the same time unless you put a couple of them on the bed; bathroom and fan both come on when you flip the switch on, (women beware, because it can be cold showering in the winter time causing goosebumps on cleanly shaven legs); someone mentioned this same problem because there is only a small light on the bathroom blow-dryer for a nightlight, however, we used the blow-dryer light and slightly cracked open the room darkening shades for a nightlight, and it worked well; the room had a mini-fridge, blow-dryer, iron.

Sleep Quality: beds & pillows very comfortable; beds are firm but have a cushion top or fluffy mattress pad and are very comfortable for sleepers in any position; pillows come in firm or soft, but if you prefers a different thickness of pillow call the front desk as they have different pillows available. This hotel is very close to the airport, but is very quiet; we did not hear planes unless we were out in the pool. The only noise we heard was the quiet hum when the elevator went up and down, but we were in room 203 which has the elevator on one side of it and another hotel room on the other side - however, the hum didn't wake us up when we were sleeping, and both my son and I are light sleepers.

Value: hotel was a great value; breakfast buffet (fresh juices included) a little pricey ($9.95 at the time) but was worth it, and our kids ate free, so it was about $5 pp. Our server was very nice and willing to assist; food was delicious; cook offered to make additional waffles for us.

Location: Kinda hard to find. Easy with these directions. Coming from I-10, go North on Hwy 143. Exit University Drive. Left onto University Drive. Left onto 48th Street. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport also.

This hotel is only 2 months old, and we were very pleased and would highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank pickyNEgirl
The management would like to express our gratitude to you for the very detailed review. We were pleased to know that every department had lived up to the expectations. Thanks for all the nice comments and we hope to be of service to you again when in our area.
hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

Four and a half stars...We stayed here on an overnight layover on our way home from the D.C. area. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby and they gave us a coupon for a free drink in the bar. We didn't use it, but I'm sure if we had more time we would have. The rooms are new and equipped with more than enough pillows. My husband much preferred this hotel as compared to another all-suite hotel in the area with a comparable price. The only downfall for me was that with little kids, we usually leave a bathroom light on as a nightlight but the bathroom light and bathroom fan are on the same switch. That meant that we had to run the bathroom fan all night long. Otherwise, we really liked the convenience factor and great customer service here...more than adequate for an overnight layover that provides a free shuttle at all hours and is close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Guest,
It makes us proud to read lovely reviews such as yours, and we appreciate the time and effort taken to write it. Thank you for the comment on having a night light as I am sure many guests would appreciate having one. Hope to see you again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

Stayed for a Friday night before setting off on a Roadtrip. I needed a place to crash after 18 hours of travel. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers I had were helpful and friendly. Reception was most helpful and the bar staff receptive and attentive.
The rooms were what to be expected of a new hotel. I was given a two room suite with kitchenette, two large LG HD TV's, good coffee facilities and a good sized bathroom. The bed was more than adequate and the decor quite relaxing.
The shower had great water pressure which as I found later is unusual in some parts of Arizona. I was given a voucher for a drink and a complimentary breakfast which was well provided and set me up for the day after a swim in the pool and ten minutes in the whirlpool.
No complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Spiderpig41
Dear Guest,
It was with great pleasure that we read your wonderful remarks about our hotel. Your comments will be shared with all the responsible staff and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

The kind folks at the front desk told me this hotel has been open only a month. I stayed here in mid May for business one weeknight. I had room 201 and it was lovely. Corner room with wrap around windows, HUGE flat panel tv, desk and leather chair with ottoman. Lovely pool ( too late to use sadly) and furnishings so new, the hall smells a little of wallpaper paste :) You won't regret staying here either since its only a few blocks from the airport and the business parks along University Dr. No free breakfast like HIE's, but I believe gold level members get a coupon for drinks in the bar, and breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. You were one of our first guests and it was nice to know that you were happy in all aspects. Unfortunately, Holiday Inns do not offer the free breakfast, but, being a Priority Club member does enable you to receive many perks. Thank you for staying with us and Thank you for being a Priority club member.