Legacy Suites
  • Pool
Budget Inn(Phoenix)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family and I happened upon this community by accident on our way to another. We found it to be clean and comfortable. There was a great fitness center, pool and hot tub that we thoroughly enjoyed using. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations to restaurants and places to see. We will stay there again next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 20 September 2013

i am a current resident here at the legacy suites, Ive been here for over 4 years! ive never had any problems staying here, The office staff is always GREAT, Its worked out for me because i have a bad credit history ,and its very hard for me to get approved, i recently transferred to one of their upgraded units (with wood floors and two tone paint) i love it!! ive herd issues about the wifi but my building is always working ( i live towards the back) There are plenty of shopping centers around and a the bus line is right infront of the complex...i

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank shavoone j
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've been staying here for 3 months now with no problems. The last 3 weeks no WI FI connection. I was told that during the summer months too many people are connecting to it that is the problem. I was also told it would not be fixed, and wi fi is an amenity so they really don't have to provide it. So if you are like me and need internet connection stay away from here.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the office can connect to the office wi fi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lance R
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I nearly didn't attend the academy w/ Swift because of the prior review of this place, bu I rarely take the word of one person, o I went, drove from Colorado, glad I did! I didn't have any of he problems w/ this property! rooms were clean, no pests and the office staff is kind and professional. So again, while I do refer to reviews, I typically rely on my own inner voice. and wisdom. The rooms wee clean and we recieved clean linens as needed. I am returning to this property with relief and renewed confidence.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at the Legacy Suites Extended Stay in Phoenix, AZ from January the 20th, 2013 until February 8th. I was in Phoenix to attend the academy at Swift, so this was the hotel that was provided for me along with numerous other students. Almost immediately after arriving to this hotel I knew my stay was going to be rough.
The suite was VERY small. A small living area attached to a kitchen, 2 tiny bedrooms both had a small bathroom with a toilet and shower. The bedrooms had 3 bunk beds in each room, in which we were piled like sardines! 3 women to 1 room, so there was very limited space. These beds were identical to beds you would see in a jail cell. A small twin sized bed with a mattress that was way too thin, and sheets that felt like sand paper!
The room was FILTHY and smelled of mold and garbage. I did not walk anywhere without shoes on (including the shower). The rooms were supposed to be cleaned every Saturday according to the hotel staff, but these cleanings were not very thorough. The floors were never vacuumed and we were never left any towels.
I also want to mention that the front desk staff were pretty rude. I'm not sure if this was just to the tenants that went to the Swift Academy or if this went the same for everyone? With that said, I had went down to the office on a Monday evening to ask for some toilet paper because my room was totally out.
So I asked the girl for a couple of rolls she asked
"Did you just check in?" I said "no" She asked "Oh are you from Swift?" I reply "yes"
So the girl turns to her manager and asks "Should I do it?",
The manager asks me "Are you from Swift?" I say "Yes"
She says "We just put 2 new rolls on Saturday!"
I told her "Ms I just checked in on SUNDAY... I"m not sure what I'm supposed to say, because there's no toilet paper up there now."
She throws me a roll and I leave. I almost had to get on my hands and knees for that roll of toilet paper! So rude, and quite ridiculous! They are very rude to their customers.

Anyways, on to my main problem. The whole reason as to why I started this review. During my entire visit to Phoenix staying at the Legacy Suites I KILLED 6 SCORPIONS and there are BED BUGS! A couple baby scorpions, the rest were medium sized except for the last one. The last one was HUGE (to me)!! It was the size of my palm! I informed the school AND the front office, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WAS DONE! So if you plan on staying please be prepared to shake out your clothes and shoes. The management does not live there, so they could care less if you are stung!

Last but not least.... I got home the day before yesterday. My flight was only 45 minutes long so I wasn't sure as to why I was feeling so bad..? I was very tired and I had been vomiting as soon as I walked into my front door. For some strange reason I was itching really bad all over my BACK, LEGS, and my backside... Plus vomiting continuously.. I had my girlfriend try to check out what it was that is bothering me and she says "OMG you have little bites ALL OVER YOU!"

Turns out the last night I stayed at the Legacy they happened to change the sheets. And what do you know.....? They gave me the wonderful set of sheets that has BED BUGS!!! So I'm covered in bites but I have finally stopped vomiting..

I will be putting in another complaint with the hotel AND school!
PLEASE DO NOT SPEND YOUR $$$ HERE! YOU HAVE A SERIOUS CHANCE OF BEING HURT OR GETTING SICK!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business