“True Food is a Great Option for us Vegie Lovers”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had eaten at True Food in Scottsdale a couple of years ago and decided to try this one near the Biltmore for lunch. Once again the food was superlative and the tea the same. We sat at the counter as there was a wait for a table and it was just fine. I had a salad and it was fresh and the tofu was perfectly cooked. The serving size was just right and I gobbled it all down. Some may think it is pricey, but you get what you pay for: fresh,organic and delicious. I wish we had one in Fort Collins.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Delicious food with natural flair. Not just for vegans. Lots of different choices. Gelato next door at Frost is fantastic for desert!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I absolutely loved the openness of the restaurant with it’s brightness and open kitchen. There were literally people preparing food several feet from us. They definitely don’t have anything to hide in their kitchen.

Upon quick glance of the menu I found a couple vegan options to choose from and had a tough time deciding between “Andy’s Favorite ‘TLT’” and the “Teriyaki Brown Rice Bowl” but when with Andy’s Favorite “TLT” which Tempeh, Lettuce. Tomato. Avocado, Vegenaise, and Whole Grain Bread. I had the choice to pair it with a kale salad or sweet potato hash and went with the hash.

While it was tasty and I’d say our experience at True Food Kitchen was unique I must say the prices are a bit steep for the amount of food you receive. I understand it’s healthier food and often that comes with a price tag, but $10 for a basic sandwich is a bit much in my opinion.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I liked the ambiance of this place with its high ceilings and wood floors, with interesting rock and roll playing in the background. Our friend ordered the $26.00 fish dish and the taste I had was delicious. I had the Asian Rice Bowl which was tasty and light. The health drinks were odd. I had something called the Medicine Man with cranberry and some herbs. It did not taste very good - one of those health drink ideas that do not translate well into reality. All in all a pleasant night out.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

You have to love what they cook. It's all wonderful, fresh and healthy. But do the portions have to be so small? Next time I go I will eat first and just do a salad and dessert. Reasonable for the value, expensive for the quantity.