“Tacos are to die for!”

Gallo Blanco Cafe
Ranked #44 of 3,265 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are no longer at The Clarendon Hotel & actively looking for a new home.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I ordered 3 different kinds of tacos: swordfish, carnitas and asada. The winner was asada, hands down!! Three other people in our party loved the asada as well. The shrimp ceviche and queso fundido were divine. I love, love the food in this restaurant and love the ambience. I highly recommend this place. The decor is very casual like the rest of Clarendon Hotel, which is artistic and electic.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Try the prickly pear margarita and don't forget to get your cocktail in a plastic cup so you can bring to the roof and watch the sun set.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was our second visit to Gallo Blanco and the food is worth the trip back. The guacamole is amazing! Very fresh with delicious warm chips. The tacos are small, but so fresh and some of the best I've ever eaten. The restaurant was busy and had an interesting crowd with a definite gay flair, which doesn't bother us. The service is good and quick. I'd go back for sure!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Trendy-grungy-chic decor makes this place feel like a relative's garage. Food was very slow and the menu is an odd casual-mex. Food quality was good.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

The breakfast was great. The bread was very fresh and tasty. The beans for breakfast was something I normally have not seen but were very good. I had sausage and it was not the typically breakfast type. It looked like a lean ground pork with a very good seasoning. Excellent service by the staff.