“Great hotel near downtown”

Travelodge Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #99 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is one of the better choice hotels near the downtown area. The rooms are clean and the service is friendly. I would recommend Best West to anyone on a trip to the phx area!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 September 2011

If I could give negative star, I would but unfortunately that is not possible. When I arrived I was greeted in the lobby from behind thick, bullet proof glass and the lobby was dimly lit and dirty. When I got into my room, the carpet was not vacuumed, the room smelled of mold and urine and the sheets were dirty. There was peeling paint on the outside corridor and the door looked wobbly. I decided to leave within a couple minutes and sought a refund but the manager and owner refused to give a refund despite the terrible conditions. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: My best advice is never visit and never stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank David K
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Excellent location to downtown Phoenix, Nice Amenities, & Great Hospitality.

Room Tip: Hotel is located close to downtown Phoenix which is great!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Had a good time, they just remodel, it looks very good, I enjoy my stay.... The bed are new comfortable. Across of the Motel is Mcdonals... We just wake it the street, very good view of the tall buildings. At the motel the staff was great.. We recommend to all my friends, how are reading the reviews of this hotel Best West Inn Downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I have to start off by saying that the staff was very welcoming.. The hotel looks really clean on the outside and the inside of the room was very clean. I will stay here again when I revisit Phoenix!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This is a junkie crack prostitutes hotel. I was only able to get a partial refund from E-x-p-e-d-i-a by promising once I got back from my convention I was going to take them to small claims court for false advertising. The photos look nothing like what the place is really like. The teller hides behind bulletproof glass, the tv didn't work, the phone and remote were missing, the main lamp didn't work, the place smells like butt, the carpet is nasty, there are prostitutes hanging at the hotel at night. I feel lucky I wasn't mugged of my laptop. Any good reviews of this hotel have to in my opinion be by the owner. The only business I am guessing they get is from people who basically live their and people who get suckered in online. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. EVER

If you have a coworker you worker ,going to a convention in Phoenix, that you don't like recommending this hotel would be a little on the mean side.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank jeebusmn
Reviewed 5 February 2011

This was one ofbthe best stays I've ever had. I would go back if I had to. I wasn't to happy with the location but it was fine. For breakfast there was only coffee. The was a convieniet location for a McDonald's right across the road.
I would deffinetly recommended this motel t anyone out there.

• Stayed: January 2011