“Very Relaxing and Private....”
Review of Raz Inn

Raz Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Phoenix B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We took our family to Phoenix for New Years...... stayed in Pasadena Villa.... Our experience was amazing staff was very professional and service was superb. Will definitely refer friends and family to Raz Inn. Had a great trip thanks to Raz Inn!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dyana2500

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We've not written many negative reviews but feel the need to record our experience with The Raz.
Based on the mainly excellent reviews on Tripadvisor we booked 5 days at the Raz towards the end of last year to conclude a 6 week holiday in AZ/UT. Unfortunatelly due to illness we had to cancel the whole holiday two months prior to departure.
All other booked accomodations were understanding and refunded deposits without any problems. However on advising The Raz of our problem and requesting a refund (well within the notice period), the first response was an abusive email (for which an apology was never received). Thereafter followed what, with the benefit of hindsight, appeared to be deliberate stalling tactics. We had to constantly chase for responses to emails and promised "deadlines" for the refund were missed.
We enventually gave up and passed the matter to our credit card company from whom we obtained our refund.
The Raz may well be an excellent accomodation but I'm afraid their customer care leaves a great deal to be desired !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Canarytops
erin r, Owner at Raz Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

In response to the Guest from England, first of all, we do apologize for confusing your initial, vague inquiry to be one of the plethora of false, scam, and tricky emails we recieve from Africa. They regularly target small businesses from abroad seeking refunds, wire transfers and trickery. In reference to any unpaid funds, this matter is still being worked on by our credit card processing company and your credit card company. The transaction could not be refunded because it was over 90 days old. We were ready to issue you a refund on another card, but you refused to give that information for an unknown reason. We honor cancellations and have a clear and fair policy posted for all guests. Regards.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I was in between apartment rentals and needed a place to stay for a month. I happened to find about Raz Inn through an internet search, and was delighted to find a spacious and beautifully appointed apartment at an asbolute bargain price. My month long stay was wonderful, with the kind proprietors making me feel very much at home without being intrusive.

All in all, a fantastic value in a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank e w
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Attending a conference in Phoenix, I wanted to venture beyond the typical large in city hotel experience. I found Raz Inn to be the perfect combination of a small, personal and comfortable Inn. I stayed in the separate Pasadena Suite. It provided a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and just outside my door a pool and comfortable yard.

Arriving via the Phoenix airport, the 40 minute light rail ride to the nearby station was easy. It was just a 3 minute walk as described. Russ was great about checking me in late, and making sure I knew what I needed to, in order to find them after 10 pm.

Erin and Russ to be helpful, their kids well behaved and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast delivered to my suite daily. The Kitchen had everything I needed to prepare my dinners, and a nearby shopping plaza with a natural foods store had everything I needed for additional food or drinks, within one block.

Russ and Erin offered helpful suggestions for some additional sight seeing and the place was well kept and clean. Just down the road was the Maricopa, which is more expensive, but in the same neighborhood. I was happy with my stay, and felt it was a good value. I would recommend it for someone or a family looking to get off the beaten path and out of the big hotel scene.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Oxwood-Farm
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We were travelling with a friend and preferred 2 separate bedrooms. We hit the jackpot with Raz Inn. We stayed in the Reflections suite, which was more spacious than my first apartment, I think! We each had a nice-sized bedroom with a comfortable bed and huge closet. Nice bathroom with ample basic toiletries. A kitchen equipped with enough tools for cooking and eating in (we didn't, but could have). Nice living room with a large flat screen TV and addition flat screen in one of the bedrooms. Delicious homemade quiches delivered to the room for breakfast. And yummy freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Within walking distance of a metro stop. Quiet neighborhhood, but near any convenience you might need. We stayed only 2 nights, but this would be a great spot for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Reflections Suite has two separate bedrooms and easily would accommodate two couples. Full-size fut...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2012

A group of friends and I split two of the apartments here and we loved it. We're late 20 somethings and were there for a wedding over Cinco de Mayo weekend, so naturally we're going to have a good time. The quiche in the morning was spot on and the accomodations were great. The pop machine has its gems too. We got a lot of use out of the pool and got to know the owners. They were fantastic people willing to get anything we needed if we didn't have it. They were never stuffy and encouraged us to pick as many grapefruits as we could, which we did. The place is very chill and was the perfect spot for us to stay. I'll echo that they're in good walking distance of a few stores, restaurants, and a great gourmet market.

Room Tip: There are four apartments to choose from I think. I just know that we stayed in Reflections and Ari...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Shocked but stuck. Shabby, just walking thru the shabby gate to the backyard sent my hair up
on the back of my neck! Should have left.....dark and tired. This is a older house with buildings
in their unkempt backyard. Lumpy double bed. Perfumed bedding. Furnace going non stop
at the head of the bed and owners and their friends partying on the other side of the wall. (thought they were outside my door.) On the wrong side of the tracks....just outside of the
nicer area of Camelbac. Hate to be so negative....but this was a BAD experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank benjamin07
erin r, Owner at Raz Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

I think this Guest chose a nice, accomodating Bed and Breakfast where they could bring their pets and moving van on their way to South America. We wish them well.