“Great food and service today”

Arriba Mexican Grill
Ranked #555 of 3,113 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Tempe, Arizona
“Great food and service today”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went for Brunch, as we have never been. It was very good. We had excellent service from our server / bartender MATT. Great job... thanks! We like this location as they usually are on top of customer service and the food is always hot and fresh tasting.

• Visited August 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“This is our last visit to this restaurant”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Arriba's is about a mile from our home and we have eaten there every couple of months for the last few years. Over the years we have enjoyed it less and less. It has lost its edge for good food, cleanliness service, etc. And while today was not the end of the world, we have had enough. Really it was just an accumulation of little things. Like how they have signs up that to conserve water you need to ask for water if you want it. That is okay, but out front they have a waterfall that has been running for years. How much water do they think they are conserving when it is evaporating out there in the 108 degree heat as fast as it comes out of the pipe? And now they have signs around the waterfall that say it is protected by photo electric beams. What ?? Take down the waterfall, serve me some water and don't threaten us. We went in for Saturday breakfast this morning. Once we sat down I noticed our table was very dirty. The place was almost empty, so I am guessing this table was dirty from the night before. We moved to another table, ordered and when they brought our food they spilled my husband's breakfast on the floor and in part down the lower end of my T-Shirt. They apologized to my husband, but not to me. I had to flag them down and ask for a wet cloth to clean up my shirt. Our food was pretty dull, but okay. But I began to notice that the restaurant wasn't really very clean, and the coffee was just awful. I was most disappointed that no one expressed regret at spilling food on me and no one offered to reduce the cost of our meal or offer dessert or anything to improve the situation. We never saw anyone who looked like a manager, and the whole place seemed lethargic. We weren't angry, just disappointed. We talked it over when we left and realized there are too many other places to eat and we are not going back there just out of habit.

• Visited June 2013
Goodyear, Arizona
“Nachos, Margarita & Beer”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Wife and I got the urge for nacho, margarita and a beer the other evening after a hot day of working around the house. Decided on Arriba's on Chandler Blvd in Ahwatukee. Manager seated us nicely at a booth that was quiet and in a cool area. After placing our order, I got to noticing things, table was clean, but any menus or condiment containers on the table or the table next to us YOU DEFINITELY DIDN'T WANT TO TOUCH!! They were very dirty and greasy. Our food was good along with the drinks. Spoke with the manager on the way out about how the people busing the table aren't cleaning the menus or condiment containers. Kind of got the feeling that it went in one ear and out the other. If you don't mind the dirty and greasy menu and condiment containers, then pay a visit, as for us we'll move on to some of our better hangouts in Ahwatukee.

• Visited June 2013
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Mexican Food That You Need to Wash Down With Plenty of Liquids”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I checked for a local Mexican restaurant near my hotel. Arriba Mexican Grill popped up with decent reviews so I decided to check it out. I was very disappointed in the food quality of this restaurant. I have eaten at many good Mexican restaurants around the country and in the Phoenix Metro area. Arriba Mexican Grill rated as one of the worst tasting meals I have had in a long time.

Positives first:
Service: The bartender was very good. He checked on me frequently, was courteous, and professional in manner.
Drinks: This restaurant offers their own micro-brew beer. I tried one and it wasn't bad. The best part about this drink is that it helped wash the bad taste out of my mouth from the food I just ate.

Negatives:
Chips/Salsa: Chips and salsa tasted like they came directly from the grocery store. They did not taste fresh, were room temp, and did not distinguish themselves from brands sold at your local supermarket.
Appetizer Taquitos/Queso: best part about this dish was that it was on happy hour. Taquitos had little taste other than some heat. The white Queso was like a thick, warm glue that they added some green chilies to.
Carnitas ( the entree): I did not realize that flavor could be so absent from this dish but it was. For a restaurant that boosts using Hatch Green Chilies, you would think there would be more flavor but no such luck. The carnitas meat served was a generous amount of meat that was just barely warm. The pork had a little moisture but not much. There was zero flavor on the pork. I might as well eat shoe leather because that is what it was. The retried beans tasted like they came out of a can.

I would give a lower rating if not for the kind service by the bartender, the colorful atmosphere, and convenient location. The food lacked flavor and tasted like it came off an assembly line.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! I will try someplace else the next time I am staying in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Decent Mexican food if you like it spicy”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Arriba's chain restaurants specialize in Mexican food from New Mexico which means hatch chilies are a prominent feature. I'm not a big fan of spicy Mexican food, so my choices are somewhat limited. However, the tortilla soup is rather tasty. The portions are fairly large so leftovers are possible - though not all Mexican food reheats well. Sometimes service is slow, but usually the wait staff is prompt and the food comes relatively quickly if your visit is not on a Friday or Saturday night. This restaurant does not offer many vegetarian options, so its great for meat-lovers. Menu and drink prices are reasonable and they offer daily specials. Those looking for an "authentic" Mexican food experience might be disappointed since this is a chain restaurant.

• Visited September 2012