“Wonderful hotel and the staff is superb!”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here for a week for business meetings. Great downtown location with lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms are modern and very spacious. Mine had a wonderful view of camelback mountain. But the best part is the staff. Friendly without being syrupy. Always willing to help and go the extra mile. Amber at the front desk was extremely helpful recommending restaurants, and helping me move rooms when my son showed up unexpectedly and I needed two beds. Luis at the valet was quick and helpful with directions (especially short cuts) :) I hope our next set of meetings end up here. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: 18th floor was great. quiet and great views. elevators in this hotel are super fast
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for the superb review! We will share your sentiments with Amber and celebrate the service she provided to you. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Westin Phoenix Downtown

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Checked-in late on Monday. Keith made it a breeze. No mandatory internet fees. Though there is a fee. I am waiting for the day consumers speak with their wallets and hotels include internet as part of the basic rate. In the meantime, you can just tether your iPad/laptop to your cell phone for decent wireless....free. Some quick points. My king suite was clean. The bed was very comfortable once you got by the ridiculous amount of pillows. The waterfall shower was huge and felt great. The sink area was nice and spacious too. Floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows overlooking Phoenix was a classy touch. Plenty of closet space. Furniture (other than the bed) was dated. But, plenty of sitting area for people or belongings.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you were comfortable and relaxed. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed at this location for three nights. The hotel is located in a great area downtown with easy walking to sporting venues, ASU and restaurants.

The Westin offers one of the nicest club lounges I have seen at an SPG property. They have a great breakfast spread from 7am - 11am, even on the weekends. They also have grreat heavy apps and desserts at night. What I really found great that was throughout the day you could still ask the lounge and get coffee, water, soda and snacks at any time. This is a great convenience.

The rooms are very nice. Floor to ceiling windows with amazing city views. I was on the 15th flloor in a studio suite, which was huge. It was the whole corner of the building. The room was well decorated and included a wet bar area, sitting area with sofa and the biggest bathroom I have seen in a hotel room.

The staff here is great as well. They are all very glad to have you there and you can tell that they are very happy to be there. Any questions, suggestions you need, they are more than happy to assist.

The one area that could be a little better is the parking. There is really no great options for close public parking, so valet is the best option. The rate is reasonable, but if you arrive late it can take a little bit for assistance. I arrived around midnight and there was no one at the valet area, so I was not sure if it was too late or if they were off parking a vehicle. I drove around the block looking for parking and when I returned back to valet there was an attendant. That late at night there is only one attendant. I think a little better signage late at night could easily remedy this. Not a deal breaker at all for this property, but wanted to make sure all you late arrivers were aware.

I highly recommend this property and as a matter of fact have already booked my next stay in May.

Room Tip: Definitely use SPG suite upgrades or leverage your Platinum benefits for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the fantastic review! Thank you for mentioning the staff as they take pride in caring for our guests.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I know that is a dramatic title but it is how I felt at the time. I was feeling very poorly at this place and although I do not want to get in to exact details, the woman at the front desk got me in to a taxi, walking me out and allowing me to clutch to her arm while simultaneously calling for an immediate taxi and a bottle of water (I didn't want an ambulance) and got me to the closest emergency room. They followed up with me later when I arrived back, calling the room to see if I needed anything and also the next day when I checked out. I will have to review the taxi service because the woman who drove me to the ER made sure I got inside and had attention, gave me her card and came back to pick me up. The people in Phoenix seem to be pretty damn fantastic.
Oh yeah- the hotel itself is nice too ;). The decor is modern and also classy. The beds were very comfortable (love those pillows) and the rooms were spacious. The shower has both one of those "rain" shower heads and a hand held shower head. I didn't have an occasion to eat there but the bar was pleasing and on several evenings when I got back to the hotel it was quite busy. They have an environmentally friendly option - for each day you choose not to have your room cleaned, they give you either a $5 credit or extra points for your stay.

Room Tip: My room was on the street side and the traffic noise could be quite loud, regardless of being on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are very pleased the team could be of assistance. Our guest's well-being is our number one concern and we take ample time to train our associates to this point. More importantly, we are glad you are ok and made it back safely. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is fantastic from beginning to end. My room was a large suite and everything was updated. The lobby, grounds, staff and location were all wonderful and relaxing. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again when in Phoenix.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! See you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Westin for a week, taking advantage of the hotel's Cactus League promotion, to watch spring-training baseball. The rate included a one-bedroom suite, executive club room privileges, free wi-fi, and free valet parking. All aspects of the stay were outstanding. The suite was beautiful...each room had floor-to-ceiling windows that offered beautiful views of Phoenix and the mountains beyond. The black-out curtains and shades afforded privacy and protection from Phoenix's early-morning sunrise. The executive club room's staff, (a special shout-out to Veronica) ensured that the food/snacks/drinks were available in more-than-adequate supply as well as offered insight to restaurants and other activities in the downtown area. The fitness center was well-equipped for a business hotel and we experienced no rush-hour on the equipment. Housekeeping was excellent but seemed to have a reluctance to refresh the toiletries...a call to customer service rectified the situation. Regarding customer service, the operators were quick to answer and eager to assist...Chondra (?) (who worked mornings) was a particular pleasure. Finally, the valets were always quick to respond and particularly polite, no matter when we picked up the car. They create a perfect first and last impression when leaving the hotel. We did not take advantage of the pool. Also, although the website does indicate, the hotel does not have self-parking. When we booked the Westin, we understood that this hotel was not a resort in Scottsdale and it isn't. But, if the purpose of the trip is to stay in an outstanding facility manned by an outstanding staff with easy access to facilities (e.g., ballparks) located across the city, the Westin should be your first choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for providing such a detailed review! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our associates - Veronica, Saundra, Valet. We are pleased you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer. Spring training is one of the most exciting times to visit Phoenix!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Recently stayed at the Westin Phoenix Downtown and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself was beautifully done . It has a very peaceful spa like atmosphere. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The restaurant, bar and hotel services we great. I definitely plan to stay there again.