“Best staff!”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend of 5/2/14-5/5/14. $28 for valet is fair considering the price for public parking. Valet staff was mellow, and fast. Front desk agents who helped me were very helpful and friendly. Natalie in guest services was very nice and pretty. I was mostly impressed with housekeeping, as I got to my room I met Christine who had just started working there.. She helped me figure out how to turn the lights on. (After I was given clear instructions at the front desk.) Roberta was really nice and took care of me for a couple of days. And Tomomi was very kind and helpful and even left me a cool note on the desk. Anytime I'm in Phoenix downtown Westin will be my choice!!

2  Thank Pepe G
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for recognizing so many of our team members! They are going to be thrilled and we will definitely celebrate your comments. We are pleased to be your hotel of choice, thank you!

There are newer reviews for Westin Phoenix Downtown

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. I would highly recommend to anyone needing a pristine hotel with amazing service. The Guest rooms are absolutely great and the décor fantastic. I love the service and being greeted with a smile upon check in. I will be back on my next business meeting/trip.

1  Thank Kate H

We say 'excellent' that you will be back for your next business trip! We look forward to it. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Westin is a perfect new Hotel. With nice rooms and a beautiful panorama view if you receive on of the high floor rooms. The rooms are very clean and are everything but small. The only thing negative I can tell about this Hotel is that the WIFI is not free. Besides this everything is just perfect. Just a great Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marantz2012

We agree the views out the floor to ceiling windows is magnificent! Next time you are in town, let me know. I would be pleased to offer you WIFI complimentary.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Much smaller than I expected. Went to a business conference and they offered good pricing to stay here. I had called in questions before I arrived and received some wrong info, so was pleasantly surprised at how good it was once I arrived. Pleasant staff and clean comfortable room. The day I arrived was hot and would have liked access to a store to purchase snacks and a few things, but there was no real access and the one they had, you had to call and it had very little.

1  Thank pwebb11

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you received incorrect information, but I am pleased your arrival was good. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wonderful desk service, quick check in, great value, good bar service, five star restaurant, steak was beautiful quality & cooked exactly medium-rare. Bed, very comfortable, great pillows, large and roomy, good city views. Valet parking for a fee but worth it after a long haul from LAX. 10/10.

Room Tip: Ask for city views high up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Don't you just love a perfectly cooked steak?! I know we do! Thanks for the 10/10!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Check-in was unfriendly and cold: we booked a Corner-suite and could arrange lounge access after a long discussion with the Reservation Manager, as they offer on their website these suites with or without lounge-access for the same rate! So they try to charge you extra for the lounge, which we refused. That gives the guest a bad feeling and is Westin-unlike.
We felt happy with the most beautiful location on Central Ave. high floor, with very beautiful views, but the cold welcome remained and gave us all the way a bad feeling.
Housekeeping is unorganized: all over the carpet, there were small elastics when we entered the room and they remained there all the time; if you ask for some items from their list in your room, it takes much too long before you get it, or they do not have it or even you have to phone twice and insist very hard. The 2nd day, our room was not cleaned when we arrived at 12.30- noon and again we had to phone to get it done
The swimming pool is rather a bigger bathtub than a pool; It might be better not to mention this pool.
Check-out was possible at 1.00pm, afterwards they charge you extra, which we refused. We do not understand this policy: In the real 5 star hotels, all suites get a later check-out on request.
We choose this Westin, believing it was up to The Westin-standards. We had a good room, but we keep bad feelings about this hotel. The hotel is a money-making-machine without attention for the guest.
This Westin was not a good choice.

Room Tip: corner-suites Central Ave with lounge access
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vondel33
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for the detailed review regarding your stay. I apologize we disappointed you in many aspects of the hotel. Please contact me directly should you return to Phoenix and I will ensure you enjoy all the niceties we have to offer.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a convention she was attending. We arrived near check-in time (3 pm) and the room wasn't ready, so we went to the bar and had a drink. We were then told our room was ready, however, when we went up to it, the room hadn't been cleaned yet. We trekked back down, went to the front desk and told the female staff member the situation. She immediately apologized, gave us another room and credited us 20,000 Starwood points and a free late check-out, which was much appreciated. She did this without having to call in a manager for the matter. The room, 1316, was a handicap room, with 2 queen beds and accomodations for handicap guests. It had a fridge, safe, coffee maker (with Starbucks coffee). The hangers in the closet were hung low, for handicapped guests. The hotel is located in a convenient spot, and is within walking distance of the Convention Center. The workout room is nice, very spacious and overlooking downtown Phoenix and the pool, which is located on the second floor, up from the bar, was very nice as well, although it was too chilly to go swimming. My nights sleeping the Heavenly Beds were heavenly- nice, quiet and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Glee47
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. I am sorry your arrival to the room was not up to standard, but I am pleased to know the team assisted you. The Heavenly Bed makes for a wonderful night's rest! We hope to see you soon!