“Nice people, nice place”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice people, nice place”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were in town to watch a couple Phillies/Dbacks games-the hotel is walking distance to the field, so that was perfect. The valet attendants & front desk staff were very nice. We ate in the restaurant, and ordered room service, and both the food & service were good. It's a nice hotel, very clean. We will definitely stay here again. The only thing I didn't like (and this is a personal thing, about their policies), is when you charge a meal to your room, and you put the tip on the charge also, they make the server wait to get it.......I don't think that's right, but again, that's just a personal thing. So, if you care to help your servers out, tip with cash.

Green Features: I love that you can conserve by not washing linens & towels everyday. No one washed their towels & sheets EVERYDAY at their own home, why waste water to do it at a hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank plaidprincess
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We love our location near the Diamondbacks ballpark! Thank you for your review, and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Province restaurant and In Room Dining. The team strives to provide your every need. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend of 5/2/14-5/5/14. $28 for valet is fair considering the price for public parking. Valet staff was mellow, and fast. Front desk agents who helped me were very helpful and friendly. Natalie in guest services was very nice and pretty. I was mostly impressed with housekeeping, as I got to my room I met Christine who had just started working there.. She helped me figure out how to turn the lights on. (After I was given clear instructions at the front desk.) Roberta was really nice and took care of me for a couple of days. And Tomomi was very kind and helpful and even left me a cool note on the desk. Anytime I'm in Phoenix downtown Westin will be my choice!!

2 Thank Pepe G
Thank you for recognizing so many of our team members! They are going to be thrilled and we will definitely celebrate your comments. We are pleased to be your hotel of choice, thank you!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. I would highly recommend to anyone needing a pristine hotel with amazing service. The Guest rooms are absolutely great and the décor fantastic. I love the service and being greeted with a smile upon check in. I will be back on my next business meeting/trip.

1 Thank Kate H
We say 'excellent' that you will be back for your next business trip! We look forward to it. Thank you!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Westin is a perfect new Hotel. With nice rooms and a beautiful panorama view if you receive on of the high floor rooms. The rooms are very clean and are everything but small. The only thing negative I can tell about this Hotel is that the WIFI is not free. Besides this everything is just perfect. Just a great Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marantz2012
We agree the views out the floor to ceiling windows is magnificent! Next time you are in town, let me know. I would be pleased to offer you WIFI complimentary.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Much smaller than I expected. Went to a business conference and they offered good pricing to stay here. I had called in questions before I arrived and received some wrong info, so was pleasantly surprised at how good it was once I arrived. Pleasant staff and clean comfortable room. The day I arrived was hot and would have liked access to a store to purchase snacks and a few things, but there was no real access and the one they had, you had to call and it had very little.

1 Thank pwebb11
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you received incorrect information, but I am pleased your arrival was good. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Murray Bridge, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wonderful desk service, quick check in, great value, good bar service, five star restaurant, steak was beautiful quality & cooked exactly medium-rare. Bed, very comfortable, great pillows, large and roomy, good city views. Valet parking for a fee but worth it after a long haul from LAX. 10/10.

Room Tip: Ask for city views high up.
Green Features: The usual towel and green notices. Eco friendly toiletries.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Don't you just love a perfectly cooked steak?! I know we do! Thanks for the 10/10!
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Check-in was unfriendly and cold: we booked a Corner-suite and could arrange lounge access after a long discussion with the Reservation Manager, as they offer on their website these suites with or without lounge-access for the same rate! So they try to charge you extra for the lounge, which we refused. That gives the guest a bad feeling and is Westin-unlike.
We felt happy with the most beautiful location on Central Ave. high floor, with very beautiful views, but the cold welcome remained and gave us all the way a bad feeling.
Housekeeping is unorganized: all over the carpet, there were small elastics when we entered the room and they remained there all the time; if you ask for some items from their list in your room, it takes much too long before you get it, or they do not have it or even you have to phone twice and insist very hard. The 2nd day, our room was not cleaned when we arrived at 12.30- noon and again we had to phone to get it done
The swimming pool is rather a bigger bathtub than a pool; It might be better not to mention this pool.
Check-out was possible at 1.00pm, afterwards they charge you extra, which we refused. We do not understand this policy: In the real 5 star hotels, all suites get a later check-out on request.
We choose this Westin, believing it was up to The Westin-standards. We had a good room, but we keep bad feelings about this hotel. The hotel is a money-making-machine without attention for the guest.
This Westin was not a good choice.

Room Tip: corner-suites Central Ave with lounge access
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vondel33
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for the detailed review regarding your stay. I apologize we disappointed you in many aspects of the hotel. Please contact me directly should you return to Phoenix and I will ensure you enjoy all the niceties we have to offer.