“Birthday and Girls Night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, Arizona
“Birthday and Girls Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I felt like royalty while I stayed at the Westin for an impromptu 40th birthday celebration. The suite with the soaking tub was spectacular; plus they added a cake, flowers and champagne for my birthday, I was beside myself with surprise and utter appreciation. THANK YOU Aisha, Shannon and the nice gentlemen who checked me in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather W
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We feel lucky to have celebrated with you! The team truly enjoys surprising and delighting our guests. We look forward to celebrating your next special occasion with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Langhorne, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've stayed in several nice resort hotels in areas around Phoenix in the past, but this was the first time a business trip landed me in downtown Phoenix at this Westin. What a pleasant surprise. The rooms are considerably larger than average. The bathroom area is large and comfortable, and well-lit. There is above-average closet space, which includes a small safe and mini-fridge. And the main area of the room felt like it was about 50% larger than a typical hotel room. I like modern decor -- clean modern, not funky modern, and that's exactly what I found in the hotel room: tasteful, simple, clean-line modern decor. I take for granted that I'll sleep well in any Westin's super-comfortable beds, but the space, layout and style of this room -- including the bathroom -- made this just about the perfect hotel room.

I will note that the entry/lobby area is rather small and a little oddly designed, but that's not an issue unless you have a really large group looking to hang out in a hotel lobby. There's a nice outdoor patio area off the restaurant/bar which was a perfect spot for a group of us to relax after dinner on a delightfully-moderate late-May evening in Phoenix.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on high floors (above 11 floors of parking garage), so I'd guess that all room...
1 Thank Eric J
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled we could provide a pleasant surprise! We hope to see you on your return business trips!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is embedded in an office building with a small lobby, restaurant, and bar with an outside patio on the main floor, and the room occupying the top floors of the building.

The hotel staff is very friendly and I like the free bottles of water in the lobby in the am and pm. The restaurant was surprisingly good (sorry, I normally find hotel food to be overpriced and less than delicious), and the outdoor patio bar was great to relax in on a warm Phoenix evening. They have a very nice Westin Club Lounge on the 11th floor (first floor of the hotel) with great views, good food, and again, a friendly staff.

The room was wonderful. This is a very clean and modern Westin. Some might feel it borders on stark but to me, it straddled the line nicely. I appreciated the spacious room, great view, and in room amenities including ample desk space and plugs.

Overall, a great experience and I will return.

Room Tip: Honestly, I can't see how you could go wrong with a room here. All rooms are high floors with m...
Green Features: They have the "insert room key to power on" feature which is nice. I also like being offered the Green option where I don't get room cleaning each day. All in all, nice effort from a large chain.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AtlantaX
Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate the sentiments regarding the staff!
Port Blair, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wow, what an excellent hotel in a little laid back place like Phoenix. Situated just next to Arizona State University and opposite to Arizona's mono rain. As the public transport is really bad in Pheonix, Monorail is very helpful. lovely rooms, and it gives a great view outside the entire downtown phoenix. beds are superb comfortable and rooms are very neat and clean. you will get and iron box and iron tray and also coffee making machine, in room. The bathroom is superb sexy, with glass doors and customized soaps, and other ointments and lotions adds to the value. Rooms have very comfortable bath tubs.
The restaurant of the hotel is cool and always crowded, which is good. The Hotel provides wifi in both lobby and also in room, but you have to pay extra for wifi in room.
Staffs are very helful.

Room Tip: Demands for rooms on the side of Arizona State University
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SanjibkrRoy
You are close to our heart as well! Thank you for the detailed review. We hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a great 4 day stay at this property. Large, clean, and comfortable rooms. The entire staff was friendly and willing to share local knowledge (what to see, where to eat, etc.). Shannon Nuss, the Front Office Manager, contacted me a few days before our visit to see if there was anything she could do to enhance our visit. She made sure that our room preferences were met and as we were in town to attend ASU orientation for my daughter, Shannon made sure that cupcakes were in our room on arrival along with a congratulatory note - a great surprise for us that really made our day. A big thank you to all at the Westin Phoenix Downtown, and we look forward to visiting again in August when our daughter begins school.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris M
Thank you for your kind review for Shannon. We feel very fortunate to be located near ASU, and are here to support our students and families! Please come back soon to visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were in town to watch a couple Phillies/Dbacks games-the hotel is walking distance to the field, so that was perfect. The valet attendants & front desk staff were very nice. We ate in the restaurant, and ordered room service, and both the food & service were good. It's a nice hotel, very clean. We will definitely stay here again. The only thing I didn't like (and this is a personal thing, about their policies), is when you charge a meal to your room, and you put the tip on the charge also, they make the server wait to get it.......I don't think that's right, but again, that's just a personal thing. So, if you care to help your servers out, tip with cash.

Green Features: I love that you can conserve by not washing linens & towels everyday. No one washed their towels & sheets EVERYDAY at their own home, why waste water to do it at a hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank plaidprincess
We love our location near the Diamondbacks ballpark! Thank you for your review, and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Province restaurant and In Room Dining. The team strives to provide your every need. See you soon!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend of 5/2/14-5/5/14. $28 for valet is fair considering the price for public parking. Valet staff was mellow, and fast. Front desk agents who helped me were very helpful and friendly. Natalie in guest services was very nice and pretty. I was mostly impressed with housekeeping, as I got to my room I met Christine who had just started working there.. She helped me figure out how to turn the lights on. (After I was given clear instructions at the front desk.) Roberta was really nice and took care of me for a couple of days. And Tomomi was very kind and helpful and even left me a cool note on the desk. Anytime I'm in Phoenix downtown Westin will be my choice!!

2 Thank Pepe G
Thank you for recognizing so many of our team members! They are going to be thrilled and we will definitely celebrate your comments. We are pleased to be your hotel of choice, thank you!