All reviews floor to ceiling windows heavenly bed service express corner suite front desk the club lounge light rail room service convention center beautiful hotel chase field pool deck rooms are spacious baseball game business travel self parking great room
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was one of the first Westins I ever stayed at and it was amazing! It was a newer more modern hotel with public transit right outside the door (so no need to rent). I was in town for a baseball series (blue jays vs diamondbacks). they had a great gym and the restaurant downstairs had delicious food. In fact all the food in phoenix was delicious and flavourful. The room was big, clean, and had massive windows. The per night rate was decent as well.. The one thing i really didn't like was that my door latch didn't close properly. I would let the door close on it's own like any other hotel door, but then if i pushed the door it would open again. I needed to make sure it pulled it, heard it latch, and test it to make sure it was locked.. good thing they offered a safe for valuables.

Room Tip: Become and SPG member to get preferred floor access
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jswaby
jesseca m, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review. While I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, I apologize you encountered a challenge with your door. Please contact me directly when you return to The Westin Phoenix Downtown, and I will ensure your visit is seamless.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean, black marble floors. Friendly reception at the desk. First impressions were of high class and big potentional.

Walking in the room I thought I was in one of Jagger's hotel rooms. 2 healthy queen beds, fresh white linens, and...a view of a neighboring HVAC unit. We were doing so well - but no worries, the stay got better.

Aching for an afternoon dip, we found the pool, which resembled one of those fancy never-ending pools you see on fake travel sites. Fancy.

After one cocktail at the bar peppered with some friendly guests, we whisked into barely humid Phoenix night to some local bars. This hotel is near only a couple hot spots, but alas, that's the Phoenix way. Remember, this isn't New York (or even Boston).

All-in-all, a fancy, good time. Get the Manhattan.

Room Tip: Try to get a good view. I swear one exists!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
jesseca m, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are glad you had a superstar experience! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon in downtown Phoenix!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I went to a Diamondback Baseball game in Downtown Phoenix to help celebrate my wife's birthday. We stayed here at the Westin because it was very close to the ball park and we were very pleased by the people and the facility. We walked two blocks to watch the Channel 12 news being aired (they have windows for spectators to watch, and since we are behind the anchor we get to be on-air as well). Then the next day we played around the area and went to a movie at the AMC 24 on the next block. A good time was had by all. Price was good, but it was the summer rates, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We love birthday getaways! The Westin Phoenix Downtown is the perfect location when heading to a ball game. We have baseball packages should you ever want to explore this rate option. Great to hear you enjoyed your celebration! Thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin for one night whilst driving across the USA from Columbus, OH to Los Angeles, CA. The trip was an early 50th birthday present for my wife. I mentioned this on the booking and when we arrived we were amazed to find we had been given an upgrade to a huge one-bedroom corner suite. Quite possibly the nicest room we have ever stayed in. Oustanding customer service and my wife was overjoyed.

Would highly recommend the Westin and would definitely stay there again, should we return to Phoenix.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, that is quite the adventure. We are glad to be a part of your journey and celebration! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent a few nights here for business meetings within the hotel. The service was very good, the rooms were very modern and clean, and it was walking distance to several restaurants and attractions. Also,very close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you during your next business travels.