All reviews floor to ceiling windows heavenly bed corner suite rooms are huge the club lounge light rail spg member room service convention center beautiful hotel chase field valet service pool deck front desk staff baseball game business travel self parking
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is great!!!! The staff is very friendly from valet, front desk and housekeeping. I had a great spacious room. The Heavenly Bed is PRICELESS. All my Phoenix business trips will take me back to the Westin.

Room tip: Corner rooms are much more spacious. I'd pass on the concierge upgrade.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
jesseca m, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We love to hear AMAZING! Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you had a great experience and we appreciate you mentioning our staff! The bed is truly Heavenly. If we can provide more information on our Heavenly Bed just let us know. See you soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having stayed in the Hyatt, Sheraton, Ritz, and several boutique hotels (Biltmore, etc); the Downtown Westin beats them all hands-down for customer service, cleanliness, value, and proximity to the downtown area. The hotel's rooms and public areas are contemporary and always easily cooled (if you've been to Phoenix in the summer, you know the importance!). Room service is exceptional (fresh and quick). I've stayed at the Downtown Westin over a dozen times throughout the past two years, and have never had a disappointing visit. The people are just exceptional - on par with any AAA 5-star property, without the cost.

Room tip: Free wifi is a Starwood perk. Corner suites have large tubs, and floor-ceiling glass views of the city.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your loyalty to The Westin Phoenix Downtown, and look forward to welcoming you back often!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was one of the first Westins I ever stayed at and it was amazing! It was a newer more modern hotel with public transit right outside the door (so no need to rent). I was in town for a baseball series (blue jays vs diamondbacks). they had a great gym and the restaurant downstairs had delicious food. In fact all the food in phoenix was delicious and flavourful. The room was big, clean, and had massive windows. The per night rate was decent as well.. The one thing i really didn't like was that my door latch didn't close properly. I would let the door close on it's own like any other hotel door, but then if i pushed the door it would open again. I needed to make sure it pulled it, heard it latch, and test it to make sure it was locked.. good thing they offered a safe for valuables.

Room tip: Become and SPG member to get preferred floor access
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jswaby
jesseca m, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review. While I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, I apologize you encountered a challenge with your door. Please contact me directly when you return to The Westin Phoenix Downtown, and I will ensure your visit is seamless.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean, black marble floors. Friendly reception at the desk. First impressions were of high class and big potentional.

Walking in the room I thought I was in one of Jagger's hotel rooms. 2 healthy queen beds, fresh white linens, and...a view of a neighboring HVAC unit. We were doing so well - but no worries, the stay got better.

Aching for an afternoon dip, we found the pool, which resembled one of those fancy never-ending pools you see on fake travel sites. Fancy.

After one cocktail at the bar peppered with some friendly guests, we whisked into barely humid Phoenix night to some local bars. This hotel is near only a couple hot spots, but alas, that's the Phoenix way. Remember, this isn't New York (or even Boston).

All-in-all, a fancy, good time. Get the Manhattan.

Room tip: Try to get a good view. I swear one exists!
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
jesseca m, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are glad you had a superstar experience! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon in downtown Phoenix!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I went to a Diamondback Baseball game in Downtown Phoenix to help celebrate my wife's birthday. We stayed here at the Westin because it was very close to the ball park and we were very pleased by the people and the facility. We walked two blocks to watch the Channel 12 news being aired (they have windows for spectators to watch, and since we are behind the anchor we get to be on-air as well). Then the next day we played around the area and went to a movie at the AMC 24 on the next block. A good time was had by all. Price was good, but it was the summer rates, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We love birthday getaways! The Westin Phoenix Downtown is the perfect location when heading to a ball game. We have baseball packages should you ever want to explore this rate option. Great to hear you enjoyed your celebration! Thank you.