“Perfect Downtown Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect Downtown Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had to travel to Phoenix in the middle of July for work. Prior to the stay I reached out to the hotel and inquired about my stay. I was upgraded to an amazing corner suite upon arrival. The staff and employees were extremely friendly, helpful, and made the stay enjoyable. Jesseca Malecki was fantastic, and provided a nice note in my room upon arrival. The pool is very relaxing and has one of the best views of downtown.

The room was clean, comfortable, and had great views of both downtown and the mountains. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel when out in Phoenix again!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the city and mountains.
Green Features: Westin's "Choose Green" initiative offering extra points for enrolling in the program.
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights while in Phoenix to see her beloved Cubs play the Diamondbacks at Chase Field. Very friendly staff, very clean, huge room, all in all it was a great weekend. The Hotel restaurant, Province, was one of the better hotel restaurants I've been in. Decent prices and excellent food/drinks. If we ever come back to Phoenix we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the staff and accommodations. You will definitely have to return when the Cubs are here for Spring Training!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at this property, and the hotel is just new, everything is trendy and stylish. The room was also very spacious, in my opinion. Phoenix Westin's lounge is also by far one of the best in terms of the space, the service, and the food it offered. Also, I would like to name Veronica at the executive lounge and Keith M. at front desk, both of them were very friendly and helpful. I really had a good time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing our associates, Veronica and Keith! We too agree that our Province lounge is a wonderful place to celebrate, relax and enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Today, I contacted the Westin Phoenix Downtown regarding an upcoming stay. The initial call taker, Kelly, was pleasant; however, she did not follow through on what she told me that she would in a timely manner. She stated that she was busy and would complete my request later in the day, which is horrible customer service. I called back and spoke with Saundra. She was very pleasant and assisted me without hesitation. She exemplified what excellent customer service should be.

Stayed July 2014
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. While I am disappointed to hear of your first communication not meeting your expectations, I am pleased Saundra assisted you and provided excellent customer service. We value our guests and look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is great!!!! The staff is very friendly from valet, front desk and housekeeping. I had a great spacious room. The Heavenly Bed is PRICELESS. All my Phoenix business trips will take me back to the Westin.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much more spacious. I'd pass on the concierge upgrade.
Green Features: Skip housekeeping and earn an extra 500 SPG points.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love to hear AMAZING! Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you had a great experience and we appreciate you mentioning our staff! The bed is truly Heavenly. If we can provide more information on our Heavenly Bed just let us know. See you soon!
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having stayed in the Hyatt, Sheraton, Ritz, and several boutique hotels (Biltmore, etc); the Downtown Westin beats them all hands-down for customer service, cleanliness, value, and proximity to the downtown area. The hotel's rooms and public areas are contemporary and always easily cooled (if you've been to Phoenix in the summer, you know the importance!). Room service is exceptional (fresh and quick). I've stayed at the Downtown Westin over a dozen times throughout the past two years, and have never had a disappointing visit. The people are just exceptional - on par with any AAA 5-star property, without the cost.

Room Tip: Free wifi is a Starwood perk. Corner suites have large tubs, and floor-ceiling glass views of the ci...
Green Features: I learned about the hotel's efforts accidentally - they replaced a dim light bulb on a desk lamp, and I was surprised to discover that the hotel invests (significantly) in renewable energy and conservation.
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your loyalty to The Westin Phoenix Downtown, and look forward to welcoming you back often!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was one of the first Westins I ever stayed at and it was amazing! It was a newer more modern hotel with public transit right outside the door (so no need to rent). I was in town for a baseball series (blue jays vs diamondbacks). they had a great gym and the restaurant downstairs had delicious food. In fact all the food in phoenix was delicious and flavourful. The room was big, clean, and had massive windows. The per night rate was decent as well.. The one thing i really didn't like was that my door latch didn't close properly. I would let the door close on it's own like any other hotel door, but then if i pushed the door it would open again. I needed to make sure it pulled it, heard it latch, and test it to make sure it was locked.. good thing they offered a safe for valuables.

Room Tip: Become and SPG member to get preferred floor access
Green Features: it was great.. they offered a discount at the restaurant. if you don't need your sheets and towels washed every day, i recommend it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jswaby
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review. While I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, I apologize you encountered a challenge with your door. Please contact me directly when you return to The Westin Phoenix Downtown, and I will ensure your visit is seamless.