“Sadly disappointed, but not surprised” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Phoenix Downtown

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
“Sadly disappointed, but not surprised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

When a Westin hotel cannot follow through with a basic turn down service and fresh towels when requested four hours earlier, what else are the staff unable/unwilling to do?

Guess this is a "sign of the times"; even in a upscale hotel, poor or no service is good enough. A pity for younger people who will never experience what good and trusted service was all about.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rbmedd
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit. I apologize for not following thru on a basic request for turndown and towels. This absolutely should have been provided seamlessly. I have taken your feedback to our team in order to improve and not miss basic expectations such as this in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin Downtown for the weekend.
Room was great! We had a room facing north and had nice views of the mountains.
The staff were very helpful - good breakfast recommendations and a nice bartender.
Was a very good deal - would definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Aren't the views spectacular! Thank you for recommending us!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had to travel to Phoenix in the middle of July for work. Prior to the stay I reached out to the hotel and inquired about my stay. I was upgraded to an amazing corner suite upon arrival. The staff and employees were extremely friendly, helpful, and made the stay enjoyable. Jesseca Malecki was fantastic, and provided a nice note in my room upon arrival. The pool is very relaxing and has one of the best views of downtown.

The room was clean, comfortable, and had great views of both downtown and the mountains. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel when out in Phoenix again!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the city and mountains.
Green Features: Westin's "Choose Green" initiative offering extra points for enrolling in the program.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights while in Phoenix to see her beloved Cubs play the Diamondbacks at Chase Field. Very friendly staff, very clean, huge room, all in all it was a great weekend. The Hotel restaurant, Province, was one of the better hotel restaurants I've been in. Decent prices and excellent food/drinks. If we ever come back to Phoenix we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the staff and accommodations. You will definitely have to return when the Cubs are here for Spring Training!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at this property, and the hotel is just new, everything is trendy and stylish. The room was also very spacious, in my opinion. Phoenix Westin's lounge is also by far one of the best in terms of the space, the service, and the food it offered. Also, I would like to name Veronica at the executive lounge and Keith M. at front desk, both of them were very friendly and helpful. I really had a good time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing our associates, Veronica and Keith! We too agree that our Province lounge is a wonderful place to celebrate, relax and enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Today, I contacted the Westin Phoenix Downtown regarding an upcoming stay. The initial call taker, Kelly, was pleasant; however, she did not follow through on what she told me that she would in a timely manner. She stated that she was busy and would complete my request later in the day, which is horrible customer service. I called back and spoke with Saundra. She was very pleasant and assisted me without hesitation. She exemplified what excellent customer service should be.

Stayed July 2014
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. While I am disappointed to hear of your first communication not meeting your expectations, I am pleased Saundra assisted you and provided excellent customer service. We value our guests and look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is great!!!! The staff is very friendly from valet, front desk and housekeeping. I had a great spacious room. The Heavenly Bed is PRICELESS. All my Phoenix business trips will take me back to the Westin.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much more spacious. I'd pass on the concierge upgrade.
Green Features: Skip housekeeping and earn an extra 500 SPG points.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love to hear AMAZING! Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you had a great experience and we appreciate you mentioning our staff! The bed is truly Heavenly. If we can provide more information on our Heavenly Bed just let us know. See you soon!