All reviews floor to ceiling windows corner suite rooms are huge the club lounge light rail spg member room service convention center beautiful hotel chase field valet service pool deck front desk staff baseball game business travel self parking great room
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I choose the Westin due to its proximity to Chase Field. I had to drive around the property a few times to locate the valet (28$ per night). Looks as if the hotel shares it space with another company. Check in was smooth and everyone was friendly. The lobby is very nice and modern looking. The fountains are a nice touch. The room was nice with a large floor to ceiling window overlooking the Phoenix light rail system. The bathroom was very nice and clean. The only complaint about the room was the lack of usb ports. Maybe if I hadn’t forgotten my cel phone charger it wouldn’t have bothered me, hahah. Charging my phone on the flat screen usb was a drag. Also, in the morning the shower drain was clogged. I informed the front desk and was nicely told it was going to be taking care of. I checked out before it was fixed, hopefully it was .
The location of the Westin is excellent if you’re in town to watch a game. You can take the light rail system or walk. I took a car service to the game and walked back. The walk back was nice, did not feel unsafe at any time. There are many bars and people out and about.

Overall a very nice hotel, I would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank STI13
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for providing such a detailed review. The downtown area has much to offer and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the ballpark. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

When a Westin hotel cannot follow through with a basic turn down service and fresh towels when requested four hours earlier, what else are the staff unable/unwilling to do?

Guess this is a "sign of the times"; even in a upscale hotel, poor or no service is good enough. A pity for younger people who will never experience what good and trusted service was all about.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rbmedd

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit. I apologize for not following thru on a basic request for turndown and towels. This absolutely should have been provided seamlessly. I have taken your feedback to our team in order to improve and not miss basic expectations such as this in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin Downtown for the weekend.
Room was great! We had a room facing north and had nice views of the mountains.
The staff were very helpful - good breakfast recommendations and a nice bartender.
Was a very good deal - would definitely recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at The Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Aren't the views spectacular! Thank you for recommending us!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had to travel to Phoenix in the middle of July for work. Prior to the stay I reached out to the hotel and inquired about my stay. I was upgraded to an amazing corner suite upon arrival. The staff and employees were extremely friendly, helpful, and made the stay enjoyable. Jesseca Malecki was fantastic, and provided a nice note in my room upon arrival. The pool is very relaxing and has one of the best views of downtown.

The room was clean, comfortable, and had great views of both downtown and the mountains. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel when out in Phoenix again!

Room tip: Higher rooms have great views of the city and mountains.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights while in Phoenix to see her beloved Cubs play the Diamondbacks at Chase Field. Very friendly staff, very clean, huge room, all in all it was a great weekend. The Hotel restaurant, Province, was one of the better hotel restaurants I've been in. Decent prices and excellent food/drinks. If we ever come back to Phoenix we'd definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the staff and accommodations. You will definitely have to return when the Cubs are here for Spring Training!