“Westin Phoenix. ”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were spacious, well decorated and clean. The staff were friendly. They had a outside pool but it was small in comparison with the hotel type. The location was convenient to the rail. Restuarant bon site with okay prices..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you for your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I like the Westin Hotels and chose them when I can. This one was nice, and we actually were upgraded as Startwood members. That was nice as you received use of the lounge w/snacks, breakfast and soda/coffee. I've stayed at other hotels and with the concierge/lounge level typically wine/beer was included. Here we had to pay. Not really complaining but a bit disappointing as compared to other hotels.

One very positive thing was the staff - very helpful and even worked with me to prepare a surprise birthday gift for one of my children. Staff was one of the best parts of this hotel.

The pool was very small and you had to walk outside to get to it (in a strange location) and had to go in/out and up a flight of stairs if you wanted to get drinks/food to bring to the pool area.

Didn't like that there was no shuttle service from airport - which I run into a lot with Westins (not sure why?! Upper end hotel and they don't do shuttles like a Sheraton does). Was located conviently so getting a cab wasn't too expensive. It was located w/n walking distance to many restaurants/shops so that was good.

The bar was not staffed in the early afternoon - surprisingly, so getting a snack and drinks was a bit challenging!

Just a 1 night stay and it was good for that but not sure it would have been my pick for longer - although I can't say anything was "bad" it just wasn't quite up to other Westin levels but it's still clean, comfortable and rooms are good sized. So if you plan for these minor inconveniences you'll be well prepared and not disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

We appreciate you sharing details from your visit. While I am sorry to hear you encountered disappointments during your stay, I am pleased to hear the staff was a positive highlight. Thank you for the feedback and we will work to improve the areas you noted.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The valet people were very friendly and helpful, as was front desk. Nice and sebaceous. Not sure that the architect made best use of the space in the suit, but don't take that as a negative, just a view that many modern architects do not bother to think that someone will actually use what they design :-). We had a role away bed in the room for my son and it was the best most comfortable role away I have ever seen.

Room Tip: We had noise from trains during the night, not sure if there are rooms that are better for this but...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear your son enjoyed the rollaway bed and had a heavenly sleep. Please let us know when you are returning and if we can rearrange the suite in a way to suit you and make you comfortable. See you soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting the ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus. Very conveniently located. The dates were over my husbands birthday and I booked the corner king on the club floor, a premium room. Wow...what a room with a view! Absolutely stunning. He was so impressed from the moment we walked in. Our check-in was smooth and knowing we were arriving early (4 hours prior to check in), they had our room ready for us. What a relief after flying for 4+ hours. Had this been the only time we encountered the staff or used the facilities, I would have given this hotel five stars. HEED MY WARNING....and bring the bank with you if you order room service. Lunch-1 turkey BLT came with French Fries and a small bowl of chopped melon $34+. Dinner for three, including salad was $170 and I would rate the food average, at best - 6.5 We don't mind paying fine dining prices...if only the food were up to those standards. The night of my husbands birthday, we went down to the Club Lounge for the evening deserts and they had 0. We called downstairs from our room and asked if they would be putting deserts out this evening. We were told they sometimes clean up a little early but would let the manager know on Monday that we were disappointed. I said but "what about tonight for deserts, after all, it is my husbands birthday". Michael then said, he could send us three cookies with milk, "this is the best I can do". We thanked him and waited...and waited...called him back after an hour. Our three cookies came 1 hour 50 minutes or 11:30PM....my husband was already asleep. We realize this is not the Four Seasons but the charges are comparable. Next time in Phoenix - October 2014, we will most likely book the Four Seasons instead of this hotel. We are disappointed, as we were looking for a downtown hotel.

Room Tip: The Corner King is perfect for a special occasion. Plenty of room. Gorgeous Bath
1  Thank WithoutATrace

Thank you for your detailed review. We truly value your feedback and I assure you we are working to improve the points you noted. We desire to be your hotel of choice and would like to welcome you back again. Please let me know when you are returning to Phoenix and I will provide a culinary experience as you would expect from The Westin Phoenix Downtown.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the Westin with my fiancée for our anniversary. We loved it, from the start the staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was amazing, I still can't believe it was only 105$ a night. The pool is a little small and the valet parking is crazy expensive. But all in all a great weekend. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Bryce S

We love spending special occasions with our guests! See you soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Westin, downtown Phoenix, on 08/14/14. We had a late flight into Phoenix and booked a room here based on the Trip Advisor reviews, price, location, and of course, the heavenly beds! When we arrived, to check in, the front desk employee, I think his name was Keith, was very nice, and even recommended some places to eat. We stayed on the 15th floor, which is one of the SPG floors. I recommend signing up for this. I don't stay at the Westin very much but when I do I stay on the SPG floor just because I am signed up. It's definitely worth it. We stayed in a king room and the room itself is huge. It has everything you need, a desk, couch, and Starbucks coffee just to name a few. The shower is huge and has a rainfall shower head. The room was spotless and in excellent condition. Last, but certainly not least, was the heavenly bed. If you need a good nights sleep after a long, late flight then the heavenly bed is for you. It is easily the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. The next day, we had a cozy, quiet nights sleep and were well rested. Finally, at check out, the friendly customer service continued. We only stayed one night but I see no reason to rate the Westin anything less than 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you kindly for your review and providing such detail. I am pleased we could provide a restful night's sleep to you and your wife. I appreciate your loyalty to SPG and we look forward to sharing another heavenly experience with you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Large well-apportioned comfortable room with city views. Good service. Reasonable off-season rates. Clean. Smart decor. Relaxing pool offers view of clouds, stars and city art. Metro light rail and bus hub is conveniently across the street.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sandcwprairiewind

Thank you for the cool review. We do have all of the conveniences located around the hotel. Great to hear you enjoyed, please come back soon!