“Hidden gem”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We visited The Parlor this week for the first time. We found the restaurant has been open a few years and we never noticed it before! It was amazing to us that we have never noticed it before. It just doesn't stick out!
So it's called The Parlor as it used to be a beauty parlor. They have a counter that you can eat at and the chairs are the old style beauty shop chairs. Very cute.
The restaurant was very busy but we went early and got seated right away. There are booths and tables. There is also a secluded area that looked as if a couple birthday parties were in progress. And there is a separate bar area with high tables and a bar and tv.
The restaurant was quiet and did not seem crowded at all. Very spacious yet a lot of people.
The food was also great. The wine was a bit pricey though. I liked the food as it seemed very "in season" with fresh items - like zucchini WITH their blossoms! I think they must keep a seasonal menu changing. It seems they also tend to shop local - as a lot of the wines were from Arizona. Which I also like so I'll pay the extra for the local wine!
Was a very enjoyable dinner and we'll definitely go back as I'd like to try the pizza.

• Visited July 2011

phoenix
“a little to uban for me”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

eight of us went on a sat night after waiting an hour and a half for a table i was hoping for something speical alas it was not to be to start with we had calimari ok but not great bruchetta to sweet not my cup of tea' brussels were exellent and the collyflower was exellent also for the main course we had pasta with octopus which was good and piza which was not good barbque chicken to spicey pork one was bland and margretia was ok house wine at $9 bucks a glass not good value would i go again proberley not

• Visited February 2011