“Food not as good”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
phoenix, arizona
“Food not as good”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This restaurant has been a favorite of ours for years. But, when we went there a few weeks ago, sorry, but it wasn't very good. We're wondering if the chefs that used to be there have left? The pizza was served luke warm & usually it comes out piping hot - we've seen pizzas thrown out if they don't come out of the oven just right. But, ours wasn't right & wasn't hot but it was still served. Also had the pasta with the meat sauce & there was very little meat sauce - not worth it at that price. Ordered some type of special desert & there were hard bits of ?candied walnuts that we just about cracked a tooth on it. We didn't see any of the servers that used to be there all the time. Our server was terrible - didn't seem to know the menu, said she was new, and left our empty water glasses unfilled for the duration of our meal. Not sure what's going on, but we may not be going back - the food was below average & not at all worth the price. Which is sad - it used to be so good.

• Visited October 2013

Kahalu u, Hawaii
“A great place to go on a first date”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

A great place to go on a first date, which is what we did. The atmosphere is casual, nothing fancy, and we enjoyed the patio dining. But what really made the date was the pizza. I have heard about the Funghi Pizza, which is a mushroom pizza with Goat Cheese, Truffle Oil and Chives, cooked to perfection, and all I heard was true. My date had the Steak Panzanella, a salad which she loved, and topping it off we shared an “Almond Joy in a Jar” a chocoholic’s delight. The staff and the other customers made us feel welcome without overdoing it. Any yes, we have since had more dates and will soon return to “The Parlor”.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great value”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Parlor is a really good Italian restaurant at fair prices. Pizza is great, pasta very Italian. The restaurant is a great spot for lunch and a casual dinner

Phoenix, Arizona
“What's the hype???”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Was visiting some friends in Phoenix and they all wanted to go to the Parlor! Great ambience and good good but the service was a quite a bit lacking (maybe an off night???) Hard to cover for good food with poor service- took a while to get drinks to the table and then had to keep trying to get our server's attention. Granted it was crowded and maybe understaffed, but customer shouldn't be punished for that.. Give it a shot if you don't mind the wait. Looked like outdoor seating option would be fun in the nice weather.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I must be a strange one”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'm strage I guess..

I've been here twice. The first time my named switched to Marvin! (BECAUSE I WAS STARVING) So everything was amazing!! I got the itilian sand. it was so good. I thought I was going to have another sand to marriage. The pizza is just okay. I love Pizza from Pizza Hut...So maybe dont listen to me...

So...the 2nd time we went I had the same sandwhich it was just okay. But the FRIES ARE AMAZING. I was marvin again---and the bartender took FOREVER....But the food came out fast...I'd go to Guidos instead...Dont know what the Hype is over this..