“Good pizza and Lemoncillo”

The Parlor Pizzeria
Ranked #59 of 3,059 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reedville, Virginia
“Good pizza and Lemoncillo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The food and drinks were fresh made and delicious. Our server, Greg, was knowledgeable and enlightened us on the in house vermouth and the many food items. One of the great buys, for $25, is a pitcher of beer and a 12 inch pie. We had the sausage, Salsiccia, which was delicious. The Winter Manhattan drink was exceptional with homemade cherry purée, and homemade vermouth. We had the calamari and shrimp appetizer which came with a roasted lemon and was served piping hot. This unassuming restaurant, from the street, is quite eclectic and calming once inside. I will go again.

Visited February 2014

Paradise Valley, Arizona
“How Restaurants get greedy.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have been a long time fan of this Restaurant, but last nights' experience has drastically altered our thinking.
We were a table of five. I ordered the large Parlor salad. Mentioned to the server that I would probably take 1/2 home. She suggested salad dressing on the side, which I thought was smart . I said bring two ,and I would take one home with my take out bag. I also asked if they could put some parmesan cheese on the salad, her reply "no problem".
In all candor the salad was not worth take the remaining amount home.The bill arrived and to my shock the chef charged $2.50 for the cheese and $.50 for the ounce of dressing.
It was not the amount of the extra charges ,it was the nerve of the management to charge any amount when the salad with Chicken was already priced at $20.00. Their excuse was that the cheese was imported.I am wondering whether there are new owners or a new Chef.
They may have "imported"cheese, but they have lost loyal local customers, who have eaten at, and recommended this Restaurant to friends many times .

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jefftimb
Phoenix, Arizona
“But I expected better--”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I had not eaten at The Parlor for several years but remembered the very delicious roasted beet salad. Our friends had that when we went recently on a Saturday night, and it was as good as ever. My sweet potato salad was also very good, and the two pizzas we enjoyed had crispy crusts and high-quality ingredients.
However, my husband's pizza was delivered and then taken away because the wait staff could not confirm that it was the correct order. By the time he got it back, it was cold--ugh! By the time he got a beer to go with his pizza, it was really cold! Initially our friends were brought a pizza they did not order, and it quite a while to straighten that out.
Maybe we should not have gone on a Saturday night; maybe they were short-staffed; maybe it was just an off night. I am not sure we will return--

Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't apologize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

The food, let me say was great. We had the cauliflower appetizer, the spinach salad, and then 3 pizzas. All were sooo delicious and then we had stuff to take home. Drinks, and for 4 people, it was less than a hundred. Our waiter, Greg was terrific. But, we waited forever to get seated. Don't understand what was going on at the hostess desk. There were empty tables. We were quoted 20 minutes. But the hostess, actually told me after it was an expected 45 minutes. We got tired of hearing, "I am sooooo sorry." Yes, we would go back again. But would not put up with the song and dance to get a table.

Visited January 2014
“Great pizzas and salads”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had just arrived to Phoenix and were hungry. The service was great, the pizza of course and the salads we had were great as well. I was not impressed with the outside of the building but when we entered the restaurant I was surprised how nice the environment was. I definitely recommend it.