Holiday Inn North Phoenix
US$105
US$87
US$123
US$111
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Restaurant
US$426
US$322
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnorth phoenixhi expressconvenient hotelenjoyable stayrestaurant staffup to datethe room was niceeasy accessbed was comfortablefreewaypillowscactussignalkeyshousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The customer service was absolutely remarkable. From the manager to the front desk staff everyone has tried to make my stay delightful. I would like to thank one member of the staff, Felicia. Thank you Felicia.
Felicia brightened up my day and again I'd like to thank her.
Holiday Inn North Phoenix is the place to stay when visiting.
Thank you Holiday Inn.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has very comfy beds and linens. It is inside corridor, so it is quieter .... It has nice
rooms with refrig , micro, and coffee service. This hotel is near I-17 and 101 connectors so it is a very good location. It has a nice pool area, spa, and business center. Pool was Not heated.
It has a very expensive Indian restaurant. It was too expensive for us to try.
It has NO Breakfast at all, supplied with the room.
If I had a choice, next time, (now on season and a lot of hotels booked)
I would choose another hotel....

Room Tip: toward end of halls, away from elevators, intersections and ice machines...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We travel quite a bit and have become accustom to choosing Holiday Inns as our first choice because of great experiences in the past but this one is horrible. First you have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get in the lobby and it isn't other hotel guest smoking but the management of the hotel. At least go around the corner instead of standing right in front of the door. Then our room is right above the pool and hot tub and I guess there isn't a closing time for either one since there were guest in there until 2am. Even after calling the front desk about it nothing was done. The walls seem to be paper thin because I could hear every conversation outside my room as if the people were talking in my room and to top it off I didn't have to wait for my alarm to wake me up because the fire alarm went off at 5am in the morning which was a false alarm. I think in total I got maybe 2 hours of sleep that night. Plus the beds are not comfortable at all. I would say if you want a good nights sleep or are traveling with a family stay away from this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Summer C,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Best Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had some out of town guests visiting and I recommended this hotel to them because of it's convenient location. They would stay for three nights. I had never stayed there and didn't know very much about the property. I trusted the Holiday Inn name.

This property is owned by an Indian man, which explains the Indian restaurant attached to the facility. Turns out that the hotel services a nearby high tech and computer industrial complex, and the employees who are business travelers stay there. When we stopped by to check out the hotel property before the guests arrival, I was pleased by the uncluttered cleanliness of the lobby and the friendliness of the front desk staff. We wandered around a bit and peeked into one of the guest rooms and everything looked good.
Our people arrived and seemed pleased. They are unable to eat Indian food, but that was not a problem, since this was to be a place to sleep and shower.
There is an outdoor pool, which is closed for the season, as well as an exercise room, and a business area equipped with the necessary business machines.

The First Night, there was a shortage of towels. That was fixed right away.
The Second Night, an electrical outlet was noticed as being uncovered, with wires coming out. This could have been a danger worth changing rooms over had there been small children in the party. There weren't and this outlet was not needed, so it was reported to housekeeping in the morning.
The Third Night, the television did not work. This was a big enough problem for the guest to call the front desk. The manager came up and adjusted the cable box and the television came right on. The missing outlet cover was reported to him at that time and the comment was made that this had be shown to the housekeeper that morning. The manager shared the danger concern and said he would get this repaired quickly. He was extremely polite and solicitous. As a token of his regret for this, he offered my guests a $20 breakfast voucher for the onsite breakfast. This is not a Holiday Inn Express, so one pays for breakfast. The $20 voucher would cover what my guests ate.

The other issue involved the thermostat. My guests said that they were not able to set the thermostat to their liking, and were either too warm or too cold. I don't know if this was a failure on their part to work it correctly or an actual failure in the system. They finally got the conditions to where they were satisfied and did not mention this to the manager, so no complaints there.

Overall, my guests were pleased and said that if they ever have an opportunity to return they would stay there again.

I was correct to trust the Holiday Inn name. Things happen even in the best of places. What is important is how they are handled and taken care of and the attitude of the staff and management. In this case, things were made right and everyone ended up happy.

Lots of free onsite parking. Convenient access to the Interstate. A 7-Eleven for late night snacks is right next door, and a QT Quik Mart for gas and light refreshments is across the street. An Italian restaurant is up the street. Go out in pairs.

Room Tip: The hotel faces South. Rooms on the East will overlook busy Interstate-17. Exit on Cactus West and drive past the hotel to the first southbound street, which is North 28th Drive. Turn south there and look for the entrance. The sign can be partially hidden by the bank next door. The hotel sits between a 7-Eleven and this bank on the East side of N. 28th Drive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here because it was easy to find and one of the first hotels coming into town. They matched the cheapest price I found online which was awesome. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool. My only complaint is there was no continental breakfast and the attached restaurant was overpriced and gross.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Lindsey N,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J