Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
Ranked #157 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Edna, Texas
“territ”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

clean and safe. Check in and check out - quick and efficient. overpayment will be credited to my account.The only thing that I would change is it has 1 entrance and exit, there is road construction so it was difficult to get in and out.
The internet connection was nice to have when it worked but it was also very slow.
The day manager was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank terri t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Terri - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is so rewarding to know that your check-in and out process was efficient and that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Gate City, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights. Everything was clean. My air conditioner did not seem to work -- either by my own ignorance or the air conditioner but Robin was very helpful & friendly and it was fixed immediately. The room was very comfortable, yes a little dated but very nice, and clean. I would recommend this place to any one. When I return to arizona I would love to stay here again and probably will. My stay was very refreshing. Thanks to all that work here that made my stay excellent.

1 Thank GarysWife6001
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the A/C was not working. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with excellent service.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am an Attorney and I have been a loyal client of Homestead Studio Suites for a number of years. No more. Recently, I was stunned and saddened by the arrogance and utter disrespect displayed toward me by Robin, the manager of this facility. I had called to make a reservation. After I had advised Robin that the reservation was for me only, Robin remarked "make sure it is just for you, because the last time you were here there were two people in your room!" I advised Robin that that has never been the case and I asked Robin what was she talking about. Instead of just apologizing for her baseless accusation, Robin proceeded to investigate for 5 minutes. Upon discovering her mistake, she tried to cover-up her conduct by saying "Well, I just asked you a question." I advised her that she did not ask me a question, she made a baseless accusation. She then said in a sarcastic tone "Well, I guess I made a mistake, I'm sorry". I booked a room--and then upon reflection cancelled my reservation. I advise anyone who seeks to stay at a hotel where the manager is caring and respectful to avoid Robin and this facility at all costs. I was disgusted by Robin's display of arrogance and disrespect. I have taken my business elsewhere and I will not be back.

1 Thank Taraiman
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your interaction with our hotel's Manager. I truly apologize for the way your situation was handled and have spoken with the Manager directly. Please know, it was not our Manager's intention to make an accusation, instead it was a mistake. Still, I am disheartened to read that we were unable to provide you with the great customer service we strive to provide to all of our guests.

We appreciate your remarks and invite you to speak to us directly. Otherwise, we hope to have you visit our hotel again so we can show you our redoubled efforts.

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Out dated, dirty, not maintained. a kitchen with not one pot or pan, not that I would cook or eat there anyway. I am glad I only booked one night, they only clean once a week but you can exchange your towels at the desk... lol. I guess you get what you pay for. I will pay a bit more and not book anything under 3 stars in the future. As the site I booked on only shows hotel name after you pay, and now I know why. I will avoid this hotel and any affiliated hotels in the future.
it hard to believe people actually live there long term. bring your bug spray and be sure your vaccinations are currant. :0

Room Tip: Keep on Driving
2 Thank Hammerhead6959
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that there were no cooking items in your room and your room was unclean. After reading your comments, the staff inspected each of our rooms, esuring there was cookware in all of them and they met our cleanliness standards.

As well, I apologize that we did not communicate our housekeeping policy and what it entailed properly at check-in. I will work with the staff to ensure that this message is stated to every guest as they arrive at the hotel.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dlp @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I booked a room via Expedia. We attempted to check in around noon-ish, told no rooms would be available until 3pm. Returned at 2:50 and the front desk clerk was very quick to turn us away before we even had the chance to walk up to the desk because we were "too early" and due to the shift change occurring soon. Talk about rude! Rooms were horrible. Old linen. Stained carpet. No ice machine. no pool. smelled like smoke for a "non smoking room." The front desk receptionist quoted us at $35.99 then a few mins later another receptionist gave another price - almost double saying she cant disclose their daily rates. Very unprofessional & horrible place to stay. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Au1988
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 1 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your stay was not very good. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am trying to get some things updated and new. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dlp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Room was outdated & had a smoke odor. Bed had stains on the sides. Would not stay here. Price reflects the room. There were no ice machines. Lots of places to eat around the area.. The room was just musty smelling. It was dated & needs some serious cleaning or updating.

• Stayed March 2013
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway. I knew to lower my expectations going into this after reading multiple bad reviews by prior guests but sheesh!.......It was WORSE than imagined. Just about all of the bed linens needed to be replaced upon arrival. Dirty pillowcases, blanket, and comforter with cigarette burns throughout. Vomit stained mattress and box spring covers. Toilet did not flush completely. Multiple stains on the carpet. If you look at the room in detail, you'll find dirty, dusty, pet hair covered corners. Fridge was very noisy as it ran. I didn't dare try looking behind the bed. Sends shivers up my spine thinking of what I may have uncovered. In short, we tried to save a few bucks by booking this place and paid severely by spending an uncomfortable weekend and a nasty place. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Ha! Good luck with that. I doubt one exists.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bc322
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, 25 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations and standards you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am continuing to have cleanness meetings with my staff so we can correct these issues. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dlp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.