“The super cool hostel in US”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phoenix
HI Phoenix - The Metcalf House
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I and two other friends of mine visited HI Phoenix - The Metcalf House during winter break. It's an awesome place to stay, meet cool peole, make new friends and enjoy the downtown. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommned this place and will be back for the next visit. You can meet people from different countries, cook food for everyone and enjoy the friendly enviroment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My mates and I loved this hostel in the centre of the city! The hostel is in an arts district so we were out every night! Hostel staff is amazing, breakfast is brill, and tours and events great for the price!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I visited over Thanksgiving weekend and was greeted by the kind staff and many international travelers. They had dinner together and invited me to join them for wine upon my late arrival.

The property is well thought out and the accommodations were very clean. There are many beautiful outdoor areas in addition to the two common rooms.

I had two disappointments regarding my stay. The first is that I had to change my room after I had already brought my stuff in. Secondly, I had hoped to spend the next day there to relax and study but check out was at 10 and late check out at 12. I would have liked the option to spend the afternoon in the common areas, but was not given the option. I would have paid more if necessary.

The hostel offers many activities, there is something going on every night. The staff was helpful and friendly. The place has an artistic charm to it. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you have a bed preference or want to be next to the bathroom, make your request in your reservati...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hostel is located in a great location. I loved the atmosphere & how laid back & friendly the staff is. In the evening, bunch of the guests hung out singing around a fire pit & chatting. Slept well, was quiet. Really fun & positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have traveled the entire continent. East coast to West coast. Small town, big city. What a hostel. Not only are they super helpful, super accommodating, but they also plan so many lovely events. Keith is friendliest guy ever. One minute after speaking with him, I felt like I had known them for years. Chillah and Al, a super helpful-tag team that will help you out when you need the basic info. And Kate, man oh man. Challenge her to Ping Pong, she will play. Same with a friendly international dance party. Lastly, she is willing to wake up at 5 am, and take you for an incredible hike near the hostel, up the Southern mountains of Phoenix, and see the sunrise.

This hostel takes care of you. Plain and simple. And it is in such a lovely, artistic part of town. The diner nearby is superb, with locally produced food. And all of the bookstores, art galleries, and studios built into nearby houses are wonderful to observe. They even have an incredible movie theatre nearby, that plays all the cult classics. Seriously, wonderful stuff.

I cannot endorse a hostel more completely. They really want you to have a positive communal experience.

Room Tip: Lots of love in this place. They are involved with many wonderful community projects, and that spill...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MicaPrazak
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

HI Phoenix is not particularly walking distance to anything but only a one minute walk from the bus stop, which will get you downtown in about 10 minutes.
Extremely friendly staff, clean facilities and a good breakfast.
I just have one gripe - they have a 'no shoes in dorms' policy and so I arrived back at my room one day to find my shoes on the front step. I'd understand if they were sneakers or whatever, but they were a pair of Ralph Lauren ballet flats that I'd worn once and clearly weren't going to stink out the dorm. I felt a bit miffed that they'd been put outside for anyone to take! (It is a very safe hostel with a great, friendly atmosphere, but you still never really know what people are like.)
Anyway, I had a great stay and would stay there again but next time I'd hide my shoes!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was the second time I have stayed in this hostel (10 years between) and it was awesome both times. The staff and everything about this hostel are simply the business. We got lifts into town in staff pickup truck, woke in the mornings to a private female vocalist concert, free BIG breakfast of fresh home made pancakes and i can go on and on and on.... I unfortunately fell in with a bottle of Jamesons and fell out with (read: into) a cactus. That is the only slightly negative thing about Phoenix I can think of. Tempe is beautiful (but expensive) and the weather, ahhhh, the sun...

Go to Phoenix and stay at this hostel. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Its all good y'all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple