“Comfortable, clean and close to airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Spokane, Washington
“Comfortable, clean and close to airport”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Impressive suite hotel close to airport with very comfortable bedroom, living room area, and kitchen. The desk was big enough for 2 of us to work at. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
manager212, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Good afternoon:

Thank you very much for the very generous comments concerning our hotel. It is very gratifying to see the hard work and training result in such a positive way. Also, I want you to know that I get very similar feedback from business travelers and leisure travelers alike as to our spacious and comfortable suites.

Again, thank you very much and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Randy Forrest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Diego
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Got locked out of my room because they said my cc declined. Um no, gave them the front desk a different cc & they still used the first one I had originally given them. Then when I did get in, they called me when I was in bed & said your cc declined, you need to bring us another one. They used the original again! What is wrong with them??? Told them I was in bed & that I had given them one already for incidentals & to use it but would also be paying cash in the morning. No you need to come down to the front desk, told them & who I had spoken to that morning with regards to paying cash...needless to say, they had to come get another cc, wouldn't lower my rate for the trouble, just offered breakfast. HORRIBLE customer service! Never staying at this Hilton again & their Management skills need some serious improvement!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 18 January 2011

If you're a gold member in the Hilton loyalty program, you get free breakfast when you stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. This generally makes these properties a good value choice, and this Phoenix Airport location is no exception.

The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, and particularly convenient to the off-site car rental center. Rooms are a little unusual for the chain, in that they all have kitchenettes and a separate 1-bed bedroom -- kind of like an extended stay hotel. This makes the property a little better for solo travellers and couples instead of families, as the only other bed is a fold out couch in the living room.

Furnishings in the hotel are attractive, the rooms each have 2 flat screen TVs, and the pool area is above-average for an airport hotel. I wasn't crazy about the beds (there's a knob to adjust their firmness), but I didn't find them terrible, either.

Breakfast was very good, with cooked-to-order omelettes, eggs, pancakes, etc., and also a buffet bar with bacon, fruit, potatoes, etc. A restaurant-quality meal.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Southern California
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My children, husband, dad and myself stayed here after staying several days at a resort in Phoenix because we needed to be close to the airport for departure. I was very pleased and actually liked the stay here far better than the resort because the rooms here are spacious with beautiful wide-screen television, mini bars and sinks in the commons areas and a spa/jacuzzi tub. The ice maker was right down the hall and they had a nice convenience/snack area in the front lobby so the kids could get goodies. All those things really make a difference when you're traveling.

The staff was very nice...brought our luggage in immediately. There was ample parking. The breakfast was very nice and made-to-order omelettes. We heard no noise from the airport at all. This hotel is a hop, skip and jump from Awatukee and only 10-15 minutes from Sun Lakes where other family lives. Plus, easy access to downtown/historic area and museums.

It's a treat when you can find an affordable find like this with such quality. We are sure to stay here again because each and every one of us really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 December 2010

After looking at some of the reviews, it appears as though this hotel may be somewhat inconsistent regarding room types and room experiences.

Here was my experience. First and foremost, the staff was wonderful. They were very accommodating when I checked in and were also helpful when I checked out. I had to leave the hotel at 4:30am, as did a few other travelers. Oddly, the driver of the courtesy van did not show up to bring us to the airport. The front desk attendant quickly got on the phone and ordered us a few cabs...free of charge. We were thankful that he provided a solution for us.

My room was very nice and was clean. My biggest complaint, and reason for my low review is because I was very disappointed by the bed and pillows. I am a very regular Hilton Garden Inn customer and these beds and pillows were not comfortable at all. At most HGI's, I'm very impressed with the comfort of their bedding. I didn't get much sleep at all as the mattress felt as though it had lost all of it's padding and support. The pillows were very firm and I felt like my head was propped up high.

It appears as though the hotel reads the reviews that are posted (great job by the way. more should do that). My only recommendation is that they need to focus on upgrading the bedding next.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank penntf
manager212, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Thank you very much for the kind remarks in reference to our service levels especially those of our early morning staff and their ability to overcome problems with high van departure demand. Your comments concerning the cleanliness are especially rewarding as we work very hard to maintain extremely high levels in this area.

I have discussed the issue with the of the bedding and pillows at length with our staff and I believe we have the proper solutions in place.

Again, thank your for the valuable feedback and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Randy Forrest
Tustin
Reviewed 6 December 2010

If you park your car in this hotel, BE CAREFUL! You will have to park near the front lobby to be safe. We had a terrible experience. A thief siphoned our gasoline COMPLETELY (a full tank) out of our car gas tank. He cut the filler hose to the tank so we could not refill it. The manager was nice to lend us a DUCT tape so my husband can tape the filler hose together so we can go home to California. My husband made it work but the experience dampened our stay there for 3 nights.

On top of that , we had a terrible experience during our 1st night. We were assigned to a room near the elevator. All night long, we could hear the elevator going up and down and we slept poorly. The bed was good but the sound was bothering us. I don't know why anyone was assigned to that room at all. We should have asked for them to move us in the middle of the night but we didn't want to repack our stuff in the middle of the night.

They moved us to a room in the corner (end of the hotel). The room was just ok but the bed was terrible. In the beginning of the night it was firm but by morning, my side sank down like it had a leak or something. We parked our car at this end and I think it was a mistake.

I wanted to give 1 star but the service from front desk was great in helping us to recover our bad experience. Also, the room was clean and nice (despite the bed). It is not the hotel's fault that a thief stole our gasoline so I gave a 2 stars. But overall experience was so bad that I can't give more stars.

The hotel should provide more security and install a security camera in the premises. The gasoline that was stolen costs us $60 but to fix the hose, it costs us $160. It was the worst driving vacation for us.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbieKTustin
manager212, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Phoenix in November.

We were especially thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with the service that our staff provided considering some of difficulties you experienced during your stay here. I would like to apologize for the noise and bed issues and to thank you for bringing those two items to our attention as we here at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport are real big on listening to guest feedback.

Once again, thank you very much for your stay and we hope to see you again real soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2010

If you're parking for up to 2 weeks while flying out of PHX, it's free with a single night's stay, well worth the money. Free shuttle to airport was good, the pickup was sloooooow, 30-45 minutes. They advertise a taxi for around 10 bucks, next time I'd rather pay a little and not have to spend so long in a smoggy area buzzing with vehicles. The room was okay, not up to par with expectations. No special Hilton Honors welcome or anything. Room service was nice, food was okay. Waffle House restaurant adjacent to this hotel was just awful. But the value is good if parking is needed. Staff was pleasant, room and grounds were clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends