“Quiet, comfy, great breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Portland, Oregon
“Quiet, comfy, great breakfast”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights whilst in Phoenix for business. The hotel is easy to find and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. My room was larger than I the usual hotel room and was clean and tidy. I did not use the shuttle as I had a colleague with a car. The A/C was a little noisy but not too bad, mainly due to the size of the room and thus not being too close to the A/C. The only weak point about the room was the bathroom, it was a little dated and it was obvious that at one point, the tub in the room above mine had leaked and the repair to the ceiling was not done very professionally.

The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit and the cooked to order station made great omelets. I ate dinner one night there and it was also good. The only problem was I sat at the bar and there was a very loud chiller in the backroom behind the bar that was very obtrusive. I'm sure if you work there you never notice it, but as a visitor it was very noticeable!

The pool was closed for renovation during my visit which was a little disappointing. You had the option of going to a sister property but that really defeats the purpose.

Only other comment relates to the location. It is fine if you have a car., but there is nothing of interest around the hotel and no decent restaurants within walking distance (unless you count the waffle house as decent - I don't).

Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the backside overlooking the pool should be quietest.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. The pool has since been completed with the resurfacing and we hope the next time you return to us, you will be able to enjoy it! The noise that is located behind the bar is actually our compressor which generates the mist outside in the patio. We are looking for alternative methods to quiet that piece of machine down! I look forward to your return trip with us! Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was a great choice for us. It was in the business part of town and there wasn't much around to see but the room was beautiful and quiet. They have an onsite restaurant that was very good. The fresh fruit was excellent. The breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious. The only other restaurant choice that was close was the Waffle House, but it was also good, not as expensive but not as versatile. The shuttle would take you to other restaurants if you wished.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I look forward to your return trip with us! Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.
Chicago
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We chose the Phoenix Hilton Garden Inn Airport because it is close to the airport and has a shuttle. We were assured that the 4 a.m. shuttle (the first run) would leave on time and get us to the airport about 4:10 a.m. I asked if it was necessary to sign up and was told “no”. I asked if they knew that the next day was the last day of Spring Break (for many). The desk clerk told me they were aware of this but there would be room on the shuttle for everyone.

The next morning, my husband and I arrived in the lobby at 3:50 a.m., at the same time as a family of five. At 4:10 a.m., a shuttle van pulled up. We all went outside with our suitcases and surprise - the van was already full! The early morning clerk explained that the hotel shared a shuttle with another hotel and the van went there first. He said, “No problem” and that he would call two cabs. At 4:30 a.m., one cab pulled up and the family of five took it as their flight was before ours.

The desk clerk again said “no problem” - he would call again for a cab in case the van didn’t get back in time. The second cab arrived at 4:45 a.m. The driver was very nice but looked like he just rolled out of bed. We got in the cab but it didn’t move - even though we could clearly see the control tower from the cab, the driver was looking up directions to the airport on his phone – not a good sign! We arrived at the airport at 5:05 a.m. for our 6 a.m. flight. The terminal was very crowded. By the time we got to our gate, the very last group was boarding. We were very thankful to make our flight but would not want to risk repeating this very stressful experience. I would not recommend staying here if you are counting on the shuttle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. We value your feedback and sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. Our staff is consistently trying to give our guests the best experience possible. I would also like to personally thank you for providing us with your candid feedback so I may use it as a training tool for our staff to better ourselves. If in the future you would give us another opportunity to serve you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can make sure that your experience is nothing less than outstanding.
Molalla, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We called from the airport,had a short wait, our room and paperwork was waiting for us when we got to the hotel. The wait staff in the restaurant was friendly,helpful, efficient and brought us the best hamburger we have had in years. If we have a regret, it is that we stayed only 1 night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I look forward to your return trip with us and I hope you can stay with us for more than 1 night! Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.
germantown, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I found the Hilton Garden Inn of Phoenix to be a wonderful hotel with excellent accommodations and friendly , professional staff. The room was clean and new and the amenities were more than I expected. I was happy that there was an onsite restaurant. The bedding was so comfortable and the room was quiet. I was disappointed to only be staying one night in such a lovely suite.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a business hotel and staff is not very accommodating to the weekend traveler. It's fine if you just need to sleep and leave before 7 am, but if you arrive late and need to sleep all morning until check out at 12, it's not possible.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. We value your feedback and sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. Our staff is consistently trying to give our guests the best experience possible. Our vendors should not have delivered products to our hotel before 7am. This issue has already been addressed to them. In addition, my staff offered a later checkout for you at no charge when it was brought to their attention. In regards to housekeeping knocking on your door once at 9am and another at 11am, it is very unfortunate that you were disturbed. It is the procedure of our hotel to knock on every room that is due to depart that day which do not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door even if it's before the checkout time of noon. I have communicated your experience with our Executive Housekeeper and he is making changes with our staff so your experience doesn't happen to other guests.
United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had missed a flight connection in Phoenix and had to spend the night there. My husband made arrangements for me to stay at this hotel and I was very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel shuttle van picked me up soon after I arrived. I was pretty tired and was therefore pleased when the check in process was very quick and efficient. The room was nicely and comfortably furnished including a coffee pot available for my early morning shuttle back to the airport. I thought this was a great hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I look forward to your return trip with us and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels