“Truckers and travelers, good rates, cold pool”

Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 29 December 2013

"Heated pool": Brrr,with the temp dropping, now would be a good time to heat the pool (truth in advertising). Otherwise the hotel was nice, comfortable mattresses, desk clerks all very helpful, warm and welcoming. Safety is tops, lighted lots, secured access. Breakfast fresh and plentiful.

Room Tip: No smoking, quiet rooms on third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bugnurse56

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This Comfort Inn is just off I-10, Exit 139, on the West side of Phoenix. It is not that easy to find at night. Driving East, you turn right off the exit, go past the IHOP, turn on the very next street, which does not seem to have a street sign that one can see at night, but there is a Shell service station on the other side of Latham Street. After one gets on Latham Street, first one gets to Travelers Inn, next comes Comfort Inn. I found the towels a bit thin and gray. So I told the fellow at check-out the next morning that they should use bleach to wash them. The fellow at the desk said he felt management kept the towels too long, but that they were "opaque", which is strange as opaque is not a color. The lounge and breakfast area are across from the registration desk. There is enough seating (perhaps 10 tables), plus a couple of sofas and a big TV at the far end.. For breakfast, they had blueberry and plain waffles to make, juice (apple and orange), coffee, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, apples, oranges, grapefruit halves (in plastic bags), hard boiled eggs, muffins, etc. The internet in the room was OK, but stopped a number of times during the night -- I noticed as I tried to listen to the BBC using my computer. The lighting in the parking lot was dim. If you walk to the nearby IHOP at night to eat dinner, take a flashlight as the parking lot and sidewalk are dark. The room was large with a TV, fridge, microwave, desk. If you are looking for the clothes closet, it is behind the mirror (located just past the bathroom).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As a man who travels more than I am at home I have learned what to expect from hotels, this hotel was nice enough but during my stay I was bit by a large standard poodle when leaving my room. I went to the front desk to inform them of the bite (it was on my abdomen and took a week or so to heal completely). The front desk clerk informed me that they would let the manager know and have them call me. I am still waiting on the call. For this reason I do not see myself staying at this hotel in the future and will make sure that family and friends know that the hotel allows animals and that heaven forbid, if you should get bit they will not plan on doing anything about it. I understand that the hotel itself did not bite me, but if you are going to allow pets then you need to be ready to accept the consequences that go along with it. Let's see after this review if I finally get a phone call...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Billy M
Reviewed 16 November 2013

After a long day on the road, how wonderful to find such a nice hotel right off the interstate. The grounds were manicured & inviting, and the automatic doors open into a lovely lobby. Katie at the front desk was cheerful, helpful & efficient, a real sweetheart. Room was spotless, modern & nicely appointed w/flat screen TV & lots of channels, fridge/micro, wifi w/good signal, which is important to our business as we need to check & double check detailed routing & weather reports. I slept well on a very comfortable bed w/crisp white linens & lots of fat, fluffy pillows. All this at a great rate ~ much nicer than your typical bargain motel. Would definitely recommend & plan to return when in the area.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the convenience of a downstairs room but there was a bit of noise from the rooms above, so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA H
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Vegas.
The hotel is little aged but clean and rooms are nice and clean.
The hotel is pet friendly and they even gave cookies for pets.
We didn't use any of the facilities in this hotel.
Good place for a sleep.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a middle of the road Comfort Inn located on a busy stretch of I-10; however, it was clean and the staff was friendly. We did not use any of the services at the hotel...simply a place to lay our heads.

Here's a tip: If you are visiting Phoenix for softball and playing at Desert West Park, this is a great place to stay. The park is five minutes away and this property is a good value for this purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We weren't too sure about the location, but the price was right. The room was very nice! Very clean; beautiful bathroom; big comfy bed; refrigerator; and a nice writing desk. The room was very quiet as well. My husband tried the free breakfast and enjoyed it. Friendly staff. We wish we could have stayed more than one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
#88 of 174 in Phoenix
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Comfort Inn West
#118 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave? Share your experiences!