“The extra mile...”

Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Springfield, Illinois
“The extra mile...”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Unfortunately, this trip was because of a family emergency. My father was airlifted to Phoenix Baptist Neural ICU. Based on location and short notice I chose this hotel and ended up with more than expected. This wasn't just a clean room with a free breakfast in the morning, this was a lot more. When I arrived around 10 pm for check in, my day had already been long and draining. Instantly the front desk clerk picked up on this and did a great job getting me checked in and answered all of my questions. Every evening when I returned he was genuinely concerned in asking if I had eaten or if I needed anything. All the employees I encountered were amazing. I will be back because of that service! The room was super clean and quiet and housekeeping was attentive. The breakfast had a great variety and their pancake machine rocked! As far as the property... it was downtown and I took a short walk every morning around the hotel. I did see an AMC about a block away, so that is good to know for next time. Thank you Eric and also all your amazing coworkers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mrstheman
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We are so proud of our staff for their continous dedication to serve our wonderful guests like you! We're glad that you experienced the best of the best and it can only get better! We look forward to seeing you in the future, the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your time and thank you for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review As I am staying here today. This is my second visit in the past couple months. I wrote one review complaining about the air conditioning environmental controls and how hot it was in the room. Again I am in this room for business and the temperature in my room is still 78 degrees after i have been trying to cool it down past 4 hours. I am done complaining about the temperature in this room. I accept the fact that I should just not bother staying here ever again . I am NOT able to access the internet from this room. I have to go down to the lobby you access the wireless internet . I guess this is what I get for complaining on Tripadvisor on my last review. I will pay more to stay at a better place next month.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fedjoe
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, however in your situation it looks like we have failed. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve future stays.
Please accept my invitation to contact me to further discuss these issues at (602) 452-2020 or via email at Assistant.manager@hiephx.net.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope to hear from you soon.
San Diego
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in town a short time to visit ASU. The walk to the downtown campus was very short & easy to get to too. We also walked to Chase Field for a Diamondback game - also a quick & easy walk. The hotel & room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was more than enough to get our day started, was hot & items were replenished quickly. ALL of the staff were very friendly & accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristi T
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so proud of our staff for their continous dedication to serve our wonderful guests like you! We're glad that you experienced the best of the best and it can only get better! We look forward to seeing you in the future, the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your time and thank you for staying with us!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I had to travel to Phoenix, Arizona with some business and I made a reservation one week before my arrival. When trying to check-in, apparently, no reservation has been registered on my name. It took me about 30 minutes to solve this mix-up and prove that I did make the reservation.
Pro's: the rooms are clean and quite comfortable. The location of this hotel is very good, providing each visitor with easy access to any point of interest in this city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel,
I am deeply sorry for the mix up and the long wait at check-in. We always try to provide a great stay for our guest the moment they walk through the door, I am disappointed we were not able to do so for your stay. Aside from the check-in experience it’s good to hear everything else with the hotel was to your liking. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for three nights in February, on our first trip to Arizona. Chose this hotel mainly because its a ten minute drive from the airport, has free parking, a pool and free WiFi.
It was clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient. Its a few blocks to walk into downtown, and easy to get onto the highway.
Its in an area which seems safe and quiet, mostly University buildings and offices, not much street life of any sort.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We are great location withing minutes to airport, highways and entertainment. You are right there are alot of buildings in downtown and not much of a street life, it is mostly business except when there are events being held at the ballpark or US Airways Arena.

Regarding your stay we are pleased that it was comfortable, clean and convenient.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again on your next trip out to Phoenix!
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Agood location if visiting downtown Pheonix, close to the baseball stadium but far enough away for comfort, rooms a very clean and its in a quiet area with free car parking which is a big plus. It is within walking distance of the city center overall a good base.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Mr. John H.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad to hear the rooms were nice and clean and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

We are in a quiet area, located within walking distance to many of the Downtown entertainment, if you are back in the area in the future, we hope to have you stay with us again!
Globe
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I can see why this hotel has the 2013 Certificate of excellence. Have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn Express' because you know what you are going to get. This one goes the extra mile. The rooms and common areas are not just clean, but sparkling clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating. They easily altered our reservation and got us in adjoining rooms upon check in. The location is excellent and within walking distance to the Arizona Center/nearby restaurants and movie theater. Special thanks to their breakfast hostess, Yadira who gets coffee refills for you, removes your plates and a friendly smile. Her extra mile service help set this Holiday Inn apart. Slight traffic/construction noise, but not bad. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear RebeccaGlobe,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure they will be very happy to hear their efforts have paid off. Also, thank you for mentioning Yadira, she is such a wonderful employee we are so lucky to have her as well as the rest of the staff, we have a great team here.

Regarding the construction, we understand it could be disturbing at times, we always try to place guest on the other side of the hotel, but there are a couple of nights where we are not able to do so. I apologize if this caused you any trouble, unfortunately there are some things that are out of our control. But again I just want to thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay, and we are looking forward to have you stay with us on your next trip out to the sunny valley!