JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
briniquimi
“Nice!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We went to a wedding at this resort. The grounds are attractive and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The resort is very close to restaurants and other amenities. There is also plenty of parking.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have stayed here too many times to count and we always have an outstanding stay....Very pleasant and helpful staff members. Front desk staff was very welcoming upon our check in. She commented several times they appreciate our return visit and our loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member. This stay we used Marriott Rewards points and our room was the very last room on the 3rd floor overlooking the golf course. The walk was a bit much but most likely because of the use of points on a Friday and Saturday night and not a “paying” guest. Could not figure out why they only have the live music until 10pm on Friday and Saturday nights. The outside patio was pretty busy both nights and it would have been nice for the music to go on a little longer as people really seemed to be enjoying listening and some were even dancing, but 10 came and they packed up. Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion was great as always! Upon check out everyone said Thank you for staying with us. Very nice touch…. We will definitely return to the JW, but if we use points again, we will make sure to ask for a room a little closer.

Room Tip: If using Marriot Rewards points, ask when checking in where the room in located.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D P
naperville, il
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Love this resort. We spent the entire time at the adult spa pool. You feel like you're in another world. This was my second time back in one year. First with my husband, then with a friend -had wonderful experiences both times. Would be a great place to bring kids as well. The pool area is massive.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I like this hotel. It's large with the first glance, and it is actually really amazing there.

I used my points for a night stay there. They offers good free spa for whole day for their member.

The room is large and look pretty new for me. Also, I like how it designed to have a patio outside to see the nice nightview of the highway, further buildings, and hotel facilities. I like it so much. It is definitely a 5star experience for a spa resort hotel.

I will come back if I have points or more money later in my life to enjojy =)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhotoTrekkerWalomi
Seattle
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the JW Marriott in November 2011. I was traveling for business and they came along to enjoy the weather and property. I'll break down the main categories.

Rooms: The rooms are fabulous, tastfully furnished and spacious. There was plenty of room for us to sprawl with all of the baby gear and we didn't feel like we were cramming a crib into a corner. The crib provided by the hotel was modern and felt pretty safe. The bathrooms were enormous and our daughter enjoyed a few 'swims' during our stay.

Dining: The food at the hotel is terrific. Starbucks was a morning staple, and convenient for most rooms. The bars and restaurants have great happy hours and we enjoyed some early drinks most nights in the warm fall evenings. We had dinner at Blue Sage twice and it was delicious both times. The prices are reasonable and quiality high. The sushi at Roy's was a big disappointment - but drinks were delicious. My husband also ate at the Vista Lounge for a burger and it was great. Throughout the business meetings the catered food was also amazing, especially the breakfasts!!

Location: You are in North Scottsdale so it's a bit of a drive to get to any main attractions. We took an ATV over to Fountain Hills and into the Saguargo National Park, which was really cool to see. I'd highly recommend one of these trips - ours was organized through Expedia's Destination Services. If you're looking for shopping, drive ~20 minutes south to Scottsdale Fashion Square or head over to Kierland Commons (~15 minutes). You'll find every shop imaginable between these spots.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Krista N
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Thanks to the atmosphere and accommodations, I could tolerate the conference. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean coupled with great nightly entertainment ~ who could ask for more.
My plan is to return and get an opportunity to see some of the sights off the resort. Had a great time and looking forward to my return trip.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed 12/8-11 and I don't know that I've ever had the extra special attention like I did at JW's Desert Ridge. We ate at all three restaurants and whether it was a well timed refill, a perfect suggestion or an incredibly gracious staff everything was beyond special. The same thing can be said at the front desk, especially when it came to making sure I was completely satisfied with the room and all the other amenities. If you want to golf the course crew was phenomenal at working with T-Times and accommodating last minute changes. Everyone at the shoppes were a delight as well.

Lastly the value was incredible. The "fling and swing" program was easily the best 5 star value in town.

So how good was it? I get to find out again when I come back later on this month!

Room Tip: The higher better for an unobstructed view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mitchboyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#13 of 174 in Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!