Just returned from 5 nights/6 days at the JW Desert Ridge Resort and we cannot say enough about this property. Not only are the grounds beautiful but the service is outstanding. We stayed Aug 15-20.
It is not perfect in every way but it is so gorgeous and so well taken care of the pros far outweigh the cons. From the moment you drive up the grand entrance and the doorman opens the door as you enter you will be taken to another world--one of elegance and service.
I traveled with my wife and a teenager plus two small children so we upgraded to a suite and got an attaching room so we would have room to spread out. If you travel in August it is so hot the rates are affordable which allowed us to do this. I called three times to ask for a pool view and to be close to the pools since we knew our little ones would be back and forth. With each call I was moved closer to the pools and we were very satisfied with our room view and location and very satisfied that our request was treated with importance and that we were taken seriously. With small children we knew we would be back and forth from the pools to the room a thousand times so location was important to us.
Having a balcony was awesome as we sat outside almost every morning and evening and used it while the kids napped. And the view of the beautiful grounds was amazing.
My eldest son and I golfed the Faldo Course at Wildfire and had a blast! The course was in great shape and the drink gal that came around was prompt and very fast. The service at the course was phenominal and again the course was in great shape. The golf experience was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
The slide was perfect for our 4 yr old and we all enjoyed many laps around the lazy river. We did use and enjoy the other pools as well. And the staff helped the kids make smores by the hot tub on Friday and Saturday nights which was a nice touch. The pool food and beverage service was prompt and very good. We used it often as well since the kids wanted to swim day and night!
The resort is just beautiful and the service makes the place even better. We will definitely be back which is the best compliment of all you can give a hotel.
The only "bummers" we had were few and in comparison were far outweighed by the staff service and sheer beauty of the resort. The food selection at the Blue Sage was thin and the service was not great at this restaurant. The internet service really should be offered for free at such a fine hotel and it is painfully slow. My 3G phone was faster on the internet so we finally shut off the hotel internet. In this day and age charging you for internet at a 5 star hotel seems a little like nickel and diming. The entrance is so grand that the parking lot for self park is a pretty good jaunt from the resort. My children get up early and swim early AND late so we wished the slide would have opened before 10a.m. and stayed open past 6p.m.
All in all this is a fantastic property!!! We recommend you stay here on your next stay in Phoenix! We certainly will!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among resorts in Phoenix, Arizona, award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Relax and enjoy the company of friends and family indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix resorts, JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott