“Pure serenity with the family”

JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pure serenity with the family”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This staycation was amazing! At check in there fresh chocolate chip cookies and the staff there are so helpful. When you walk past them they greet you in the halls and inquire about your day. The rooms are nice and spacious with a balcony and a the bathrooms have separate tub and shower.
The hotels grounds pure serenity. There so many water features many ponds and you can hear the water flowing down them it was really nice. When you are walking around the huge resort you can take a nature walk and see rabbits and squirrels running around. When you get parched there is fruit infused water in the lobby and also a Starbucks on the property, it does close by 6pm but it is great.
The pools, there is a large pool with a waterfall tower where the water is freezing but the kids love to run through it, a medium pool that's nice as well, and the lazy river where there is a mini slide for kids and adults. All around the pool area there is a bar, snack shack and hold your breath there is a taco bar where you can create your on tacos. Loved it!!!! We also ordered food at the pool and the prices are resort prices but the size of the turkey burger was huge my husband didn't think he could finish it that is how big the turkey burger was and the quality of the food was great. The pool hours are 7am-10pm and there was plenty of activities for kids per the JW Marriott schedule. There is also a familyscape where there is a ping pong table, corn hole, and other actives inside the familyscape/recreation center. When you go towards the pool you might think its crowded but when you are at the pool it's very spacious and comfortable there is more than enough beach chairs and shaded umbrella for everyone.
Pros:
-great customer service
-2pools 1 lazy river with a slide
-clean rooms
-amazing property
- great food poolside
-familyscape
-spacious green belt kids can play near
-cookies at check-in
NO cons..

Overall, a great experience you would not know you were in Az with the palm trees lining the pool and many water features. It's relaxing and well worth every penny you spend. The hotel and staff are all amazing. Also, it's right across from Desert Ridge Marketplace with shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want early check in they say to wait until after noon and you can still get a good room view...
Green Features: Everyone was really nice and respectful. I don't have anything negative to say about the staff even housekeeping would greet you in the halls.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tish65
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed many of the resort’s signature features during your stay, especially around the pool and family escape areas! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 July 2014

this is the best hotel and the best customer service you will ever receive. their generosity to my whole family during this celebration was so touching and will never be forgotten. if you have a chance please stay at this beautiful resort. the grounds are beautiful, rooms are great and the hotel is the best. i wrote a letter to the general manager of the hotel and hope he received it. unfortunately, i did not hear back from him.

the best hotel, stay and you will see.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lemont
Wow, thank you so much for your comments. It is so wonderful to hear that your experience was an exceptional one, and that you felt such generosity from our staff during your stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for three nights in July 2014 with another couple. The lazy river and many pools made the July heat bearable. The rooms are spacious and it's hard to go wrong with views of palm trees, pools, gardens, and golf courses all over.

What impressed us the most was when the other couple fell ill from food (a bad burger elsewhere), the hotel staff found out she was sick and delivered ice, crackers and a bowl of chicken soup to her room. This all came with a handwritten note wishing her a speedy recovery. They also were extra attentive in cleaning the room. Thanks again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gastrocurious
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation, especially at our pool areas. We are sorry to hear that the couple that you were traveling with fell ill, but are so pleased to hear that our staff took such great care of them to assist in making them feel better. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back for your next vacation!
UK
Reviewed 25 July 2014

There are a number of great resorts in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area but this is the one that we like the best.
The resort is very large and caters to conferences, families and couples. As a couple we always choose to use the facilities of the Griffin Club as this is what really makes our stay special.
Not only do you feel that you are in an exclusive part of the hotel with many great benefits, but also the staff really do their utmost to ensure that your stay is best possible experience.

By selecting the Griffin Club you get the best of having access to all the features that only a large can resort can provide, with the added care and attention to detail of boutique hotel.
The staff here really are wonderful, we have come to know many of them over the years and we are always greeted like old friends. This year we were so well looked after by Alison Kayla and Jeff. From the lobby concierge team Candyce was also wonderfully helpful.

We also got to know some lovely people for the first time, they really could not do enough for us. We look forward to returning

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nippersUk
Thank you so much for taking to share your vacation experience. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay and that you had the opportunity to experience our Griffin Club. We certainly appreciate your description of the Griffin Club for other future travelers to understand the special treatment that is received and we will pass your kind words on to the staff members mentioned.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort when your travels bring you back to Arizona.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Spent 4 days here and it is beautiful. The rooms were very clean, staff extremely friendly and in a great location. It was extremely quiet and I appreciated that. The hotel is located near shopping and restaurants which is great . Scottsdale is about 20-30 mins away, the airport is a short distance. The hotel is beautifully decorated, there is an herb garden also onsite, the pool was great and each room has a balcony so you can enjoy the views. The grounds are beautiful and anyone who enjoys the outdoors would appreciate them. I think the price would reasonable. The wiifi was included in the resort fee. I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: They offer bags in the rooms for recycling, change linens every 3rd day .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to spend time around the resort, including a visit to our herb garden. We take great pride in both our herb and vegetable garden which we incorporate throughout the resort in various food & beverage areas as well as at our Revive Spa. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort again in the near future!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love this resort! It's beautiful. This was my second time to the Revive Spa and I loved every moment of it. I started out in the restaurant and Aleksandra was my server. She was so attentive to everyone and always had a smile on her face. I love coming here. She even remembered me from last time and welcomed me back. Alexsandra made some great suggestions for lunch and I really enjoyed my meal. She even came outside to ask me if I needed anything while I was by the pool. Next, it was off to my massage with Teresa. I will definitely ask for her when I come back. She's amazing! After that I had a facial with Renee which I loved too. I like how she explained what products she thought would be good for my skin. The service at this spa is outstanding. I can't wait to come back and do it again.

I spent most of my day at the spa, but for dinner I went to the Stonegrill. I sat at the bar with Roberto and had a nice glass of wine. He was very friendly and it was nice to have someone to talk to. Robert the manager also passed by a few times and asked me how everything was. He was even kind enough to make suggestions from the menu. Again, the service was excellent.

I highly recommend staying here, especially in the summer. They have some great deals going on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank chopsuey7
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We appreciate your repeat business and are so pleased to hear that our staff makes you feel so “at home” during your time spent with us. We will certainly share your comments with our staff and truly look forward to having you come and join us throughout the resort in the near future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I just got back from a 4-day stay at this property.

What I like best about the resort:
1. Everyone at this resort provides great customer service.
2. The 2 ladies who warmly welcomed us at the Front Desk are commendable ~ Ms. Shauna Lee Robinson & Ms. Niki Pugh! They both made us feel special!
3. A full-service Starbucks at the Lobby level.
4. Lazy River on a warm night.
5. Tasty food for dinner; and many dining options within the resort. For Roy's & the Italian Restaurant make sure to make reservations to secure a table at your desired time.
6. Nice & comfortable room & bed.

What I am not happy about:
1. Nobody can locate the clothes I left in the room inside the drawer! I was in a hurry to leave to go to a meeting upon check-out and I forgot to pack some of my clothes that were left inside the drawer.
2. Did housekeeping throw them away?
For this reason I am giving it 4-stars.

Otherwise, I highly recommend this resort if you are going to Scottsdale for business and want some R&R after work hours. Just make sure to pack all your stuff, otherwise, you will never get them back!

Room Tip: We had a relatively quiet room. Our room was facing the mountains and golf course. Although we cou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VegasPinay
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your comments on Shauna and Niki and will certainly share them with our staff! We are disappointed to hear about your lost items. We can certainly speak with you in more detail if you would like to forward your contact information to jwdesertridgefacebook@marriott.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#12 of 174 in Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!