“One of the Best”

JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my second time at this hotel and everything, including the restaurants,were great !! We ate at the Italian restaurant only to find "home made pasta" which was outstanding. The pools and grounds were very well maintained

Room Tip: Don't face pools or kids area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for review. We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled you had the opportunity to enjoy our freshly made pasta at Tuscany, what a delicious meal! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent 7 nights in this hotel and loved it. I had read some great reviews but also some poor ones so was unsure what we would find - I cannot fault anything. The staff were really helpful. The pools were great and the kids loved the lazy river - it did get busy on the weekends but the staff were still attentive and cleared away food and drinks quickly. Iced water in jugs was provided which was great considering how hot it was. There were lots of kids activities if you wanted that sort of thing. The rooms were lovely and the beds extremely comfortable. We had a room facing one of the small water areas and it was quiet. We had food via room service once and it was excellent - good quality with all the condiments provided. When we booked we found a rate that had a breakfast package included - not any more than one without, which was great as the buffet breakfast was fabulous!
We loved our stay and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I would avoid a room overlooking the pool area - but this is just my personal preference
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our level of service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very pleased, overall, with the staff and amenities a this hotel. It was with a weekend conference that I stayed and the staff provided me with a lot of information, both about the hotel and the conferences, as well as substantial brochures and suggestions of things to do in the area. The conference negotiated a very reasonable fee, as well as free parking and Internet [normally $12.95 per day, or so].

The resort is everything you would expect in a JW Marriott resort, spa, pools, beauty, and accessibility.

The only thing that I felt was less than excellent is that they don't tell you [and the front desk representative admitted that the information is not on their website, nor normally given to people booking conventions at ANY of their properties] is that they charge [as a hold only] $50 per day on your debit [and probably credit, though I haven't verified that yet] card and only released at the end of your stay. I don't have problems with the fee, especially as a hold, although they have the legal right to charge for expenses at the end of the stay that they find, as well as for damages and thefts discovered, so I'm really not sure why they need to do it. If I'd booked a conference there without being told, however, I would not book at such a property again.

Again, the hotel/resort itself was very good. It was only corporate's policy not to disseminate certain information that made the experience less than perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to have the quietness and privacy that a Marriott resort provides. I was at th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed here for a work event but was also able to take advantage of some of the facilities like the pools and sauna! The service and food were excellent across the board! I know it's hot in Scottsdale in the summer but it was fine out by the pools and the hotel rate was very reasonable, so I would consider bring my family back for a weekend vacation!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next family vacation!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant stay! 3 days stay at pool for 7 hours each day. Get ready pay for food and drinks.. 2 bucket of beers 48 bucks, cheese chicken queso. 15 bucks. But it was hot hot in phoniex better way just stay cool before the baseball game. I lost my makeup bag with cc in the had in lost in found. My mother left her 5 diamond rings in room by accident went back and they just finish cleaning it. The lady was very honest and left them there. Rooms are nice size had pool view which find with us no noise at at. Husband park own car didn't use valet which we normally due. But the walk is so pretty see rabbits and beautiful grass. We love staying here. The last day we checkeD out we head back home.. but we found a jw in Tuson so we stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great 3 night stay at a well planned resort. It would have been nice to explore more but this was a biz trip away from the resort so time was limited. However, everything I did experience and encounter was first rate from the check in experience-the support of the bell and valet staff-the comfortable and restful accommodations and the lovely grounds. Convenient to major highways and the Desert Ridge shopping center has everything needed. Roy's restaurant in the resort is great, love that Hawaiian/Asian fusion food. Would definitely stay again and hope to enjoy the rest of the resort more: the pool and spa especially.

Room Tip: Rooms with grounds or water view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time spent with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for perhaps pleasure next time so that you are able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I expected much more from this JW after staying at the Camelback JW recently. I realize that it was a busy convention week, but please don't forget the casual traveler. There was little warmth and sincerity in your staff other than the gentleman at guest services saying that he was a guest services concierge. Spa concierge was rude and unprofessional. My service there was okay by my standards, I will not return for a service there ever. I will review my experience at your restaurants separately. My next visit to Arizona will surely be at the JW Camelback Inn.

1  Thank richn1978
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and we do appreciate your comments. We are disappointed in the lack of service that you received during your stay. Please know that we take your comments seriously and have shared them with our management team to ensure that we are always delivering beyond expectation with each and every guest. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future, so that we can provide you with excellent service that we are known for.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!