“All about the location”

Ranked #37 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Richmond, Virginia
“All about the location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

As with just about every other Marriott property, the accommodations are very good, staff is pleasant, breakfast buffet is well stocked. This property stands out due to its proximity to Chase Field. 10 minute walk maximum to see the Diamondbacks play, and the route is well-lit and safe.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank xylograph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently stopped by the SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown. I was not a guest staying there, but am a Gold Elite member. I was received warmly with a willing attitude to help meet my request. I especially appreciate Malini Jokhan. She was busy checking guests into the hotel. But, she quickly took care of my needs. I also wish to thank the general manager, Sharon Zanjani, for hiring quality employees and training them to focus on customer service. I have stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions, and found their service and accommodations to be excellent. I will continue to stay here, as it is centrally located to so many interesting features of downtown Phoenix.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a lovely view of the sights of Phoenix.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here for one night as we flew in from North Carolina before heading up to Eastern Arizona for a family function. The shuttle driver picked us up from the airport and was very friendly. He packed all of our bags in & out of the van. The hotel itself is what we have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites brand. No surprises. The towels were a little worn, but not bad. The shower also seemed a bit dated compared to other properties. The breakfast was good, good variety. I liked the fresh melons that were available. My kids did miss not having a waffle iron, though. Overall we had a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lilsprstr
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Always clean, fairly noise free, good size for the pricing when discounted, decent breakfast. However, there is not a lot of recreational features in this downtown location besides NHL hockey, NBA basketball and MLB baseball. Nothing wrong if you are prepared to drive a little (or a lot) to the suburban recreation areas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chester, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

WE checked in last night for 2 nights; this morning I asked to be put on the shuttle tomorrow to the airport for 0530 AM, they told me shuttle did not begin until 7AM.
Therefore I was looking at a $20.00 Taxi Fare, then we were returning our car today and asked how to contact shuttle driver, they said they did not have a shuttle driver today, he was off for his childs graduation and we would have to get a taxi to return from the Airport. Needless to say we Checked out and wished we had never stayed there.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Springhill Suites after a long day of travel from NY. We checked in after midnight and were in our room within minutes. We found the room comfortable and complete. We are breakfast at the hotel which was fine (weekday - - not too crowded) although I was surprised that they did not have a waffle maker as most Springhills do.

Overall a good stay within walking distance to Chase Field.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Measuretwice8
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great location - near ASU campus, public transportation, sporting area, convention center, shopping, restaurants, & museums. Great rooms - suites, refrigerator, microwave, free internet, two televisions. Great service - staff & airport shuttle. However, the breakfast was lacking - no waffles, just meat, bread, fruit, eggs, cereal, & yogurt.

Also, if I go again I would search for a better price - $129 plus $15 hotel fee - the hotel is not really worth the price. But I am sure other hotels in the area cost more. So, I would chose a different area to be near more attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo