“Great location”

Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hendersonville
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 April 2007

Only a couple of blocks from the baseball stadium. It is an easy walk to a game. Nice clean hotel.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Attkica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 26 March 2007

This hotel is a great deal but the location isn't good if you think you're going to go anywhere on foot.

First the good--the rooms were great for business travel and I appreciated the free wireless internet and the better-than-average free breakfast. Nothing was fancy but everything was clean and in good shape. I liked the setup of the room--there was a little office area and a little living room area and a comfy bed.

The downside was really about Phoenix more than the hotel--you can't walk *anywhere* safely, especially as a woman and most especially at night. The convention center is not far away but I was the only person on foot except for some very disturbed homeless people, so I had to take 5-minute cab rides every day. There is no real food onsite except for breakfast, and there are not a lot of good places to eat downtown and none within walking distance. Skip the "mexican" food at Sam's at the local mall unless you are desperate.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank ehbnyc
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2006

When the other main places to stay downtown are the Hyatt Regency and the Wyndham - and you're not getting a convention rate - then this is definitely the place to stay. My husband and I were here for two nights, just as tourists. We do need to travel with our laptop, and found the high-speed (wired) internet service to be quick & easy to access.

We are Marriott Rewards Points members, and used points to stay here free, but got no extra perks, since the place was full when we checked in. We called from Sky Harbor airport, and their shuttle took us right to the hotel. The room was basically the same as all other Springhills, with a desk-living area, small fridge, and sofa with coffee table. A big coffeepot too, and a huge bathroom area, with large but separate toilet & shower. Roomy closet with plentiful hangers & luggage stand, plus ironing board and iron.

The included breakfast buffet was HUGE, and enough was always on hand even though all the rooms were full. The TV channels were rather limited for being in a big city, but the Manager told me she's aware of the problem and is working with the cable company to remedy that. She and another employee also went out of her way to do us several favors. When I needed to get to a drugstore to get some personal items, she took the shuttle van and personally drove me to a Wal-Green's!

There are no restaurants right near the hotel, however we found plenty at the Arizona Center just 5 blocks down (highly recommend Sam's Cafe), as well as in a few other areas. Heritage Square was close by, and anything else we wanted to get to was reachable by using the city's FREE DASH busses - they are great!

• Liked — Good value for being downtown, and the "suite" like room, roomy bathroom
  • Disliked — Didn't have CNBC or other main channels on TV, but that's supposed to be remedied
  • Tips/Secrets — Spend a few days in central Phoenix, not just Scottsdale or Tempe - and this is the place!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank M-Csala
Calgary, AB, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I just spent 5 nights at the SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown and cannot think of one negative thing to say. The staff were amazing, especially the front desk. The location was a big dodgy, but only 3 blocks from Chase Stadium. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Great value for the $$. We really enjoyed relaxing in the swimming pool and hot tub, despite the 114 degree weather. :) I just want to accentuate how helpful everyone was. The front desk lady was always eager to help us with directions. We never made it to the breakfast, but from what I heard it was delicious. If I ever go to Phoenix again, I will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2006
13 Thank SarahCanada78
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I had heard this was a nice place and booked reservations because it's close to Chase Field and US Airways Arena. I booked through hotel's web site. Requested smoking room and got the message "not available." Tried non-smoking and got the same message! I called the hotel and was assured I could have a smoking room. When I arrived to check in, no smoking rooms were available. Was told I could have a first-floor room and stand outside and smoke in 110 degree weather. No thanks. This is a good location. Just wish the desk people could get their act together. Ended up going someplace else.

Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 29 May 2006

Of all the hotels/motels I stayed in on my Arizona trip, this was the nicest and cleanest. It had a convenient and free airport shuttle, a decent sized room, adequate amenities, very good continental breakfast (eggs, sausage patties, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.), comfortable beds, etc.

The location was a little dicey, but then I gather downtown Phoenix can be that way too. It's walking distance to the convention center, some of the main hotels, and the stadium stuff. Staff were very pleasant. This is a good pick for business travellers.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
11 Thank M Z
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 February 2006

Stayed here for a business convention. The manager was a very nice lady and caring. Had a mix-up with our daughter arriving late and the desk clerk told her they could not pick her up after 11:00pm with the hotel shuttle. I was having a conversation with the manager the next morning and told her about it. She promply paid me for the cab fair I had to pay to get my daughter there even though I told her I did not want it. She paid the amount $20.00 even on my word. The staff was very freindly, the rooms clean. I stayed for 7 days was always greeted with very freindly staff. I would recomend this motel to anybody.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business