“Excellent all suite hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent all suite hotel”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We always travel with our 5 year-old son, and therefore prefer staying in hotel rooms that are suites. This hotel's rooms are spacious with a separate bedroom and very comfortable bed, and a living room with sleeper sofa, which makes this the perfect place for families.

All rooms have private balconies, and depending on where your room is located, you can have some amazing views of the golf course and surrounding mountains. Enjoy the free cooked-to-order breakfast downstairs while enjoying great golf course and mountain views.

There's a restaurant and bar on the first floor, as well as an outdoor pool and spa overlooking the golf course. Service was excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Phoenix.

• Stayed January 2012
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing all the nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on being just as much a corporate hotel as we a family friendly hotel. It means so much to us when a family traveling with their kids (your son) can have the experience Embassy Suites is known for. We are so fortunate to be one of the few Embassy Suites to be situated on a golf course and surrounded by mountain preserves. This makes for a very relaxing and soothing setting. The complimentary services which include the full cook to order breakfast and evening managers reception is one of my favorites as well. I hope you got to experience our upgraded guest suites with new bathroom fixtures while you were staying with us. All 270 guest suites now have new granite, shelves and lightening in the bathrooms. Again thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us.

Best wishes,

Ila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Our room had a gorgeous view of the golf course and the mountains, and we had our morning coffee out on the little balcony every morning and enjoyed the sunshine. There's plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, and the hotel is centrally located and easy to get to. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments during your recent visit with us. You described our hotel better than I could. We truly pride ourselves in offering the best service possible and it makes us proud when we read wonderful comments like yours. Value is important to us and we are fortunate to be able to offer a two room suites with balcony views of the golf course. I hope you got to enjoy the free full cook to order breakfast every morning and my favorite the evening manager’s reception. We hope to see you again very soon. We have some terrific spring training packages available as well.

Happy New Year,

Calgary AB Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

There wasn't one thing wrong with this hotel. The staff, restaurants, complimentary breakfast, room, view and location were all great. It is situated on a golf course and although I don't golf but my husband does there was plenty to do. Shopping is within walking distance, walking around the property and golf course every day was very pleasant.....just a nice relaxing place to be.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking any part of the golf course and not the parking lot and the higher th...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginny124
I was so happy to read you overall experience at the hotel was fabulous. I am glad you got to enjoy the popular Evening managers reception (which is my favorite) and the complimentary full cook to order breakfast. When I travel this saves $15.00 a person. I can read the smile on your voice when you mentioned the pool and hot tub. Life goes by fast in our busy worlds and it means so much to me when our guest get to enjoy the amenities and enjoy life for a little bit. Even if it means for only a weekend! I wanted to thank you for sharing the comments about the hallways. We take pride in proving a clean and service oriented hotel. When we fall short it means a great deal to me to know how I can improve in those areas. I will be personally meeting with the restaurant staff to find out where is exactly we fell short and why so other guest to not experience the same level of service you did. Thank you kindly for sharing your candid comments. We hope you come back real soon so we can provide you will “10” stay…

Best wishes and Happy New Year

Torrey, Utah
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This Embassy Suite proved to be in a very convenient location - close to the AZ 51 freeway and Paradise Valley Mall area [Wal-Mart, In & Out etc.] at Cactus & Tatum. I recently stayed here for 5 nights and found their staff very friendly and helpful. Ada, Tiffany, Daniel, Adam and Evan at the front desk were always ready to assist. The large suite-room was clean and comfortable. The walkway around the golf course was terrific for my early morning treks. Good choice for my stay in the Valley of the Sun!

Room Tip: Request the golf course & pool view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Your review put a smile on my face and felt so proud when you wrote the comments about my hotel. The staff is some of the nicest folks I have worked with in the 22 years I have been in the history. Though we may not be perfect we try our best to make our guest genuinely feel at home. The Golf course is one of my favorite features of the hotel. It makes for a wonderful way to start and end each day with a sunrise or sunset in the evenings off the balcony. With the hotel located in the heart of Paradise Village Parkway we are adjacent to some great dining and shopping options as well. If you have the courage to hike a mountain next time you are in time please let us know because we have great options. Again thank you for starting my New Year off with such nice feedback and we look forward to serving you very soon.

Best Wishes,

Marathon, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Just spent 10 days in Phoenix and 5 at this property and 3 at the ES in North Phoenix and this property is far superior than the North Phoenix location. Rooms were updated and clean. It is a little tricky to find. It is located on Stoen Creek Golf Course. Lauren the bartender was very nice and the superstar was Pat. She was a bartender a few nights and I think her offical role is Restaurant supervisor. She went far above her normal duties to make sure my stay was amazing and helped me cordinate a little get together with friends after a Limo light tour. Alan I think his name was (had a broken wrist) was also a great asset. Everything was great at this hotel and I regret staying at the othe ES.

Good location, tons of restaurants close to the hotel, however the food here was pretty darn good. Of course they had the free breakfast and 2 hours of free drinks every night. The only thing I wish they would do for the free drinks is to add bottled beer for Hilton Honor members. I don't drink tap beer and never get to take advantage of this. No Biggie.

I asked the chef (female, forgot her name) for an omlette with american cheese and they only had cheddar for the breakfast. However, she went back in the kitchen and found me some. It is the little things that make this place great. I can't say anything bad about thos property, staff was excellent, hotel was clean. All in all a great stay. I will be posting a review of the North Phoenix ES and that is a different story.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the golf course.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fishintheseas
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your incredible comments. I mean’s so much to me when a guest has the experience we strive to deliver everyday. Our hotel is tucked away in a private residential area. We are a hidden jewel and this does make is a unique experience for people are trying to get a way from the hustle and bustle of the everyday lifestyle. Being located on a golf course sure is a plus for us. I hope you got to enjoy some rounds of golf while here. I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff at the hotel and you described everyone who has either been nominated for employee of the month and/or has won it. We agree with you that people are what make an organization better. We look forward to serving you again in the future and again thank you for your kind words.

Happy New Year

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at this Embassy while on a business trip in December 2011. Rooms were good, service great, and location was okay for us. I would come back.

The breakfast was better than most Embassy Suites hotels. Also enjoyed the evening reception sitting outside by the fire. The beds were unusually comfortable. Slept great the four nights there. The water int the room took forever to get hot each time I used the sink or shower. Really the only downer.

I did like the layout of the room, too. It was a little different floor plan from other Embassy Suites hotels I have stayed at, and it was well maintained and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view of the golf course. I was facing the parking lot, but not a big deal since I wa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
IlaPatelSmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 17 November 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and giving us such valuable insight.
Ila
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This hotel had gorgeous views of the golf course and mountains...but I didn't know that until I asked to move rooms b/c mine was facing the parking lot and a busy street. Peering outside of my window upon entering my room, I noticed I was right above said lot and street and being a light sleeper, I immediately asked to move. They were very accommodating and nice about it, moving me directly across the hall. WOW - WHAT A DIFFERENCE. As I told my husband, just the change in view made the hotel jump from a 3 star to a 4 star in my book. The only drawback was the noise when I tried to sleep. I don't know if the couple above me was just inconsiderate or if the floors were thin, but I could hear them stomping around and slamming doors and such until about midnight. That would be my only complaint. Sure the bathroom could use a little updating as well, but for the price, it's fine.

Room Tip: Get a room with a golf-course view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DallasNewlywed
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, happy holidays! You review really impressed me because you allowed the hotel to make the experience better by moving your and your husband to one of our most popular Golf Course view rooms. We are a little jewel tucked away in a very nice part of an upscale town. Westcor mall does have one of their premier malls located very close to us and during the holidays it does allow for more traffic than normal. We are very fortunate to be located on Stonecreek Golf Club. Due to the layout of the hotel, only half of our hotel is situated on the golf course and normally there is a $20.00 premium to be upgraded. I am thrilled they upgraded you so we can enhance your experience and enjoy the stay you deserved. I was very sorry to hear about the guest above you who prevented you from sleeping until midnight. In the future please let us know right away so we can send security to assist us in taking care of the concern. It is important to us all of our guest have the best experience they can. I can’t wait for you to return to us because we are currently going through renovation which is focused on enhancing the bathroom experience with beautiful new granite, lighting, wallpaper and other nice items. We hope you come back soon so we can WOW you.

On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Phoenix, Happy holidays and best wishes for a New Year.

Ila Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!