“Great Value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Embassy Suites Scottsdale (tho really Paradise Valley) is centrally located and offers a lot for the money. Great 2 hour cocktails..not just beer & wine but anything you want. Cold snacks, salsa, chips, popcorn (not fresh, but bagged) and snack mix were served. Not the best snacks but adequate. The breakfast was fantastic-cooked to order omelets or poached eggs too, plus sausages, bacon, potatoes, cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit. Wonderful! There is a golf course right next to the hotel..in fact you can walk over to the pro shop. You get a slight discount if staying at the hotel. We had a beautiful room but it overlooked the parking lot..ASK to look over the golf course. Our hotel was booked solid as it was spring training in Phoenix. Also, the maid service was not up to par..one day they didn't service our room and when we called at 5pm everyone had gone home for the day. They sent someone up for "light" housekeeping..but they didn't even make the bed! NEVER have I had a hotel bed not made everyday. When we called, they took care of it. Overall I would say the maid service was a big drawback as we are gone all day and like to come back to a clean room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side..western sun. Our room overlooking the parking lot was cold...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bridgeable2
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing all the nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on being just as much a corporate hotel as we a family friendly hotel. It means so much to us when a family traveling with us has such a wonderful stay. We are so fortunate to be one of the few Embassy Suites to be situated on a golf course and surrounded by mountain preserves. This makes for a very relaxing and soothing setting. The complimentary services which include the full cook to order breakfast and evening managers reception is one of my favorites as well. I hope you got to experience our upgraded guest suites with new bathroom fixtures while you were staying with us. All 270 guest suites now have new granite, shelves and lightening in the bathrooms. I was very disappointed to hear about the housekeeping service and please know we have addressed the issue. You candid comments are a valuable part of the success of our hotel. Again thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us.

Best wishes,

Ila

Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for several nights in February around President's Weekend.
All in all we liked the hotel. I agree with other reviews that the front desk reception is not the strongest. Although the bellman was quite helpful and friendly.
We paid for an upgraded room facing the golf course and were told none was available. Upon further searching, the front desk clerk was able to find a room for us. It faced the clubhouse, but that wasn't a problem, although you can hear the loudspeaker and there was a wedding on Saturday evening.
The strong positives for us: comfortable suite hotel in a good location for touring around Phoenix and Scottsdale with full made to order breakfast. And, the hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport.
The room was fine; very clean and the bed was comfortable.
The view of the golf course is lovely.
We didn't have time to hang out on the property so I can't comment on the pool, etc. but the common areas were clean and comfortable.
Used the business center to print out boarding passes; the center was clean, had office supplies and the printers worked well.
Breakfast was GREAT; made to order eggs and efficiently done. The cooks were so nice and friendly. The dining room has nice views of the golf course.
Took advantage of the cocktail hour once--bartender's were also friendly and welcoming. Nice choice of liquor and beer.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a few days, it pays to upgrade to the golf course view.
3  Thank GkMom
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Overall I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the popular complimentary breakfast and evening cocktail hour. We try to pride ourself on service and it looks like we fell a little short at the front desk. We are training some new members and they were working the desk the week of President's Day weekend. Dave, the bellmen you mentioned has been with us for 11 years and one of our jewels. Unfortunately only half of the hotel faces the golf course view and therefore the upgrades do tend to be sold out first. I am glad we were able to offer some accomodations that gave you some views of the golf course. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future. We have fabulous summer specials and holidays rates as well.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were in the area for baseball spring training games during our spring break. Let me start with the great parts of this hotel. The breakfast was excellent. Quick efficient omelet bar. The line moved fast and the service was great. Very nice efficient breakfast staff. We enjoyed breakfast two days out of our 3 day stay. Cooked to order omelets, eggs any style all cooked perfectly. Bacon, Sausage, potatoes, toast, bagels, hot and cold cereal just about anything you might want for breakfast. The rooms are old but clean. The housekeeping staff was excellent and took good care of our requests daily. The rooms definitely need updating. We did have a lovely view of the golf course and pool. Nice warm evenings on the small patio were very nice. Swimming pool is very small but nice. The managers reception was good. The bartenders were awesome and very friendly. We requested a dust free room when we arrived and were told there were none available by a very rude young man. "alan" did not welcome us and did not explain the lay out of the hotel. He did not tell us when breakfast started or when the manager's reception started. He did not even bother to show us the general direction of either event. We did not know where the elevators were and had to hunt around to find them. We asked to be contacted if a dust free room came avaialble and were never called during our 4 day stay. Other than the rude welcome everything else worked out good for us. We will stay again and hopefully bring additional family members with us. The location of the hotel was nice and we were able to get around very easily. Lots of places to eat including our favorite : In and Out Burger across the street!

Room Tip: Even if you request a dust free room you probably wont get one! Came home with a sinus infection.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay with us. I really enjoyed reading your comments because there are so many items you listed which we agree with. Unfortunately only half of our hotel over looks the golf course which does limit us from accommodating all of our guest request. Therefore there is a $20.00 premium for staying on the golf course. Within the next six months we are having some exciting new changes taking place including: redoing some of the furniture in the guest suites, upgrading the lobby and lounge furniture as well. It appears during your stay with us we did have a tour group and sports team staying with us. I am so sorry if we did not react fast enough to resolve the issues surrounding the pool space and out side food service which was brought in by other guests. Our goal is to always provide the best possible surrounding and environment and correct the situation immediately especially when it is an inconvenience to a guest. Again we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write about your experience and allowing us to know what we can do better. We look forward to serving very soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was here from a Sunday through Thursday with a small-ish group for a business meeting. I was given a room overlooking the parking lot and the hotel entrance-- unfortunately, a high-traffic area outside the hotel. Some of the desk staff and concierge staff were a bit less than friendly, seeming bothered when I asked a question. The breakfast staff were very friendly and eager-to-please.

I liked the location right next to the golf course and the walking trail and about a 5-10 minute walk from the Paradise Valley mall.

I was very irritated to find that Hilton HHonors had deactivated my account and removed all of my points for about the third time (my card reads 'member since 2000')-- after calling, I found out they remove your points if you go 12 months without activity. I used to stay at Hilton properties a bit more frequently, but knowing they have taken away my points repeatedly, I now opt for Marriott hotels or Hyatt whenever possible. I know this does not relate just to this hotel, but it should serve as a caution to those of us who don't travel all the time to choose wisely among the reward programs.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf course side if you can, although they told me that's an upgrade and didn't...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CindeeP
IlaPatelSmith, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and giving us such valuable insight.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I'm one of those soccer parents who stayed this past weekend at this hotel. Loved the location! Loved the daily manager;s special and do agree that the munchies were standard. Loved the view of the golf course! Breakfast was fine - only problem was long waiting lines and the main room was too small for busy times. Hope we stay there next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the honest feedback. We were so fortunate to host part of US Soccer President's Day Tournament. We had over 100 rooms with your group and loved seeing all the activity. Unfortunately sometimes our dinning room can not always accommodate the high activity during busy times. We try our best to open up the patio and additional seating in the lounge to help accommodate everyone. Next year we are considering opening up the ballroom sapce as well. I am glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us> We received a lot of wonderful feedback about our hotel from your program and we llok forward to serving you all again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I just got back from the Embassy Suites and I have to say it was fantastic - our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the pool, golf course and mountains in the distance - I did take the suggestion of staying away from the club house since you could hear them calling names early in the morning - the 2 room suite was very spacious - even with the National Soccer team staying there for their spring training the hotel never seemed too crowded or noisy - the morning breakfast buffet had everything you could have wanted - the staff cooking the eggs were so friendly and accommodating - all the staff in the hotel were great - the daily happy hour was good - the only complaint on that was the munchies they had with the drinks - needed more of a variety besides the chips and salsa, goldfish and fruit - I do have a special thank you to the general manager Ila (hope I spelled her name correctly) - she came over to great us during happy hour and I told her they should have magnifying mirrors in the bathroom for us women who need them to apply our makeup - right away she ordered one up for me and it was waiting in my room when I returned - very nice person - the pool and hot tub were perfect - it really felt good to take a dip - we lucked out with the temperature - while we were there it was between 75-80 degrees - the location of the hotel is great - just down the road from Scottsdale Road - you won't be disappointed if you choose this hotel - we will definitely be back

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the golf course and pool - the higher the better
1  Thank rennibug
IlaPatelSmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and giving us such valuable insight.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

After reading a lot of other reviews, we selected this hotel. Our stay was Thursday-Monday. I am a Hilton honors Gold member traveling with my husband. I used points for our stay and had reserved a mountain/golfcourse view room. Upon check-in, I was assigned a room overlooking the street and was told there were no other rooms available. I found that hard to believe because the parking lot wasn't too crowded. After much discussion, the front desk clerk finally found another room with the view I had requested. I didn't really expect to be hassled like this. We had just flown across the country and were tired. Anyway, we finally got into our room and all was better. The room was typical 2-room suite. We were in room #6013 and has a great view from both the bedroom and the patio. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nicely redone. The sofa was frayed and sagging and needed to be replaced. As said in a previous review, the furniture in the lobby and throughout the hotel needs to be updated. The hotel was a very nice experience on Thursday and Sunday and the weekend was another story. Several large groups took over the hotel on Saturday. The pool area is very small and they had half of the area. They were wheeling in coolers and carrying in 12 packs of beer and being rather loud. Finally, management came out and told them they can't have their coolers and their own beer. I wish they would've come sooner because it was hard to enjoy a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the pool with all the chaos going on in such a small area. The area is nice around the hotel, not as nice as Scottsdale, but many different choices of restaurants nearby. We enjoyed walking the trails through the neighborhoods. The business center was usually available but the printer needed servicing. We had to ask the front desk to print our boarding passes as you could not read them from the printer in the business center. All and all, enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank KatNick007
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay with us. I really enjoyed reading your comments because there are so many items you listed which we agree with and I wanted to give you some updates on exciting things to come. I was happy to hear we were able to accommodate you to one of our popular golf course suites. Unfortunately only half of our hotel over looks the golf course which does limit us from accommodating all of our guest request. Therefore there is a $20.00 premium for staying on the golf course. Within the next six months we are having some exciting new changes taking place including: redoing some of the furniture in the guest suites, upgrading the lobby and lounge furniture as well. It appears during your stay with us we did have a tour group and sports team staying with us. I am so sorry if we did not react fast enough to resolve the issues surrounding the pool space and out side food service which was brought in by other guests. Our goal is to always provide the best possible surrounding and environment and correct the situation immediately especially when it is an inconvenience to a guest. The printer in the business center has been resolved as it was running low on ink cartridge from the heavy usage of being in sold out status. Again we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write about your experience and allowing us to know what we can do better. We look forward to serving very soon in the near future.

Best regards,